Hi All, I have tried a few times with elbow grease and different glass cleaners but they won't shift. I have 2 sucker marks on the inside of the rear window that can be seen as soon as the window gets steamy. Has anyone else got the same problem. I know I am been fussy but these things get into my head and wind me up :@

Lol. Sounds like you need some strong class cleaner/cutter.

What kind of cleaners have you tried? You tried some window polish? I find that normally gets all those sorts of marks off with a bit of elbow grease.

Phil

If it is the rear window you need to be very careful as the heater and antenna elements are relatively delicate.

I would have expected sucker marks on the outside more than the inside as they usually use suckers to position the glass in the factory.

We've got sucker marks on the Wife's Kia Cee'd.... we've owned it since new and it's on a 57 plate! - So over 4 years old now... and I've still not managed to get rid of them!

... and our marks are on the windscreen! - But you can only see them when mildly misted...

Al.

Yep got them on mine also -think it's just one though. Not sure whether mine are internal or external.

They are slowly starting to fade with every clean I do - I've used a combination of AG Fast Glass, AG Glass Polish and CG WIndow Cleaner.

I'm sure it'll go in time, but agreed it is annoying.

i had them on my rear screen 2010 superb hatch could only see them when screen was misty,would not go away.

my rear screen would always steam up inside over night.

bill

Autoglym intensive tar remover or Autosmart Tardis

Both similar but the autoglym one is available from halfrauds autosmart is a trade range product.

Edited by cts1975

I have 2 sucker marks on the inside of the rear window that can be seen as soon as the window gets steamy. Has anyone else got the same problem.

Noticed a circular group of 5 on the inside of my rear window this morning! :no:

I've had then on a replacement windscreen on a previous car - nothing I tried shifted them

If it is the rear window you need to be very careful as the heater and antenna elements are relatively delicate.

I would have expected sucker marks on the outside more than the inside as they usually use suckers to position the glass in the factory.

Yep, you could see these on our Lupo after 7 years. There was a tech note issued to dealers about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed these in my car last night. 4 marks bottom ones slightly closer then top ones on the rear screen. Looks like on the inside, but I can not be sure need to look closer when I have more time.

I might try glass cleaner first and if that does not work then toothpaste.