Parents seem to teach their kids nothing these days!

sausage roll

Is it me? Am I getting old?

It drives me absolutely nuts when I go shopping. Was in Morrisons this afternonn and there were kids flying up and down the aisles on push scooters! :@ Not for the first time either :wall:

I have to stop myself from telling them to naff off learn how to behave.

Thought it was just the moronic parents round here that thinks its acceptable to let kids ride scooters around a supermarket, but even when it Whitby co-op last week there was a little girl doing it and her mother telling her how brilliant she was doing.

WTF is wrong with these parents?

My mam and dad would never have let me do anything like this because it is just not how you behave in civilised society? I can hear my mam now "It's not a playground, it's a supermarket!".....

The behaviour of a lot of kids these days has seriously gone to the dogs. They have no direction from their parents who watch them behave in an unsociable/naughty way and just laugh or encourage it.

Am I alone in this? Is it really the way I see it? Or am I just turning into my dad? :S

• Like 4

I hate shopping during the school holidays or just after school kicks out as there is nearly always some prat letting his kids have a full on argument or running about or randomly driving a trolley around! My kids always try to do the same but I keep them in check and if they are getting a bit out of control (ie have got in one person's way) I make them hold onto the trolley that I push.

Worst time I have had was in Costco pushing a very heavy trolley (with loads of momentum) and kids flying around on bl@@dy wheelie trainers causing me to exert extreme effort in stopping the trolley as they shoot out of isles. I have physically hurt myself doing this and the parents couldn't give a damm. If it wasn't for my conscience I would have been inclined to let the laws of physics take their toll!

• Like 2

Kids on scooters, won't get out of peoples way, scream until they get something and go all over the place on those stupid shoes with wheels in them.

Some parents are bonkers and think that everyone else should have to deal with their kids, because they can't do it properly themselves.

• Like 1

Darwin and physics, job sorted, besides you have to laugh at their small cherubic snotty faces with the little squares from trolley rash indented into them :devil:

• Like 1

i was in work today and a couple came in with their hyperactive 10 year old who wanted a headguard. He was a nightmare bouncing round the shop, grabbing stuff, not listening etc. All they said was he was always like that. They wonder why?! Discipline has gone out the window

Kids are hyperactive these days due to being fed with processed and junk food full of additives, sugar etc. Now you see kids walking around drinking cans of Red Bull, it is not surprising that kids are "hyperactive" It is the parents fault for letting them get away with it and can't bring themselves to say No.

Thank God I don't do shopping.

Bloody wheely trainers an all! Don't get me started on them :rofl:

Glad to know it's not just me though. Some parents just don't seem to realise that they need to teach their kids manners and discipline for their journey through life. I mean what the hell are these kids gonna be like as teenagers?...... I hate to think.

Not all kids/parents are like that though. SWMBO dropped a box of crackers whilst we were shopping and a young girl (about 8 years old) who was stood next to her immediatley said "let me get that for you" and picked it up. A refreshing change to the norm. :yes:

Kids are hyperactive these days due to being fed with processed and junk food full of additives, sugar etc. Now you see kids walking around drinking cans of Red Bull, it is not surprising that kids are "hyperactive" It is the parents fault for letting them get away with it and can't bring themselves to say No.

Thank God I don't do shopping.

Yes colourings have an effect on kids, sunset yellow sent me mad, however my parents avoided it and there were no problems from that.

They also stopped me getting away with everything and made me behave properly.

If some parents gave a stuff, then they wouldn't have issues with their kids ;)

They be the first ones to slap in a negligence claim against the store if the kid ploughed into a stack of tins and they fell down on the little darling.

If you have to shop in these places (Remember you can get home delivery(I usually do a fortnightly shop to make it worthwhile, what does 2.5 hours of your time cost out at these days)) just content yourself that, given the aforesaid lack of direction, these kids will probably be stacking the shelves or serving burgers in 15 years time (If they are lucky).

I have to say that when I have made the annual pilgrimage to the continent these last five years I haven't noticed tunruly kids, whether its toddlers or teenagers, in the hypermarkets.

Nnick

Edited by Clunkclick

Problem is Ian I've never seen them crash into anything!

They Just completely ignore that adults and elderly are there.

I do feel better for ranting about it yesterday though. Good to get things off you chest every now and then. :yes:

• Like 1

No all parents are the same, I am brining up my twins to be respectful, they (thanks to my wife as I am always away at work) get their homework and project work done, play football, gymnastics, athletics, horse riding. They play out with their mates a lot, but that's it, they play, and have never knowingly been a nuisance to anyone, they are both at the top end of their class, 1 being a year ahead in Maths, the other a year ahead in English and I am really proud of them.

99% of the problems mentioned here are down to the parents, some just don't seem to care where their kids are or what they are doing, some just don't have a clue and should have been neutered themselves. Family life has a lot to do with it, all meals in our place are at the dining table, no lap eating or tv dinners and proper meals, not the latest farm food specials.

I can see the differences between my kids and their friends though, and sometimes it's quite marked on what they see as acceptable behaviour. The one major difference is age, with my wife being early 40's and me just about to hit late 40's, all of their friends parents are late 20's, early 30's (my 2 are 10 years old), one example is my sons best friend just turned 10, and his parents bought him Modern Warfare 3, which is an 18 game, that to me is pretty irresponsible and I now inevitably have to deal with the "can I get a copy of MW3 dad?" ....... "No son, it's an 18 and you are 10" ......... "but Ryans got it, and I am older than him" ........ sheesh

Sometimes it's really hard just doing the right thing, as a parent, it sometimes feels like you are swimming against the tide all the time.

PS, I am not trying to wind up any younger parents here, just saying what I see.

• Like 1

Got to second that last post. I'm now a granddad six times over ,and none of my brood accept standards from their kids,less than I would .Problem is that the "alternate" parent teachers preached discipline is wrong for so long ,the kids think tat it's their right to do as they want .

PS, I am not trying to wind up any younger parents here, just saying what I see.

Believe you me, it's just as annoying for us (I'm 29 and have a 6-year old daughter). I don't get to see what she's like with her mates really as me and her mum have separated so she's only with me every other weekend and school holidays. But when I compare her behaviour when she's with me to other kids I realise that I'm not doing that bad a job. Certainly when I compare her to the little ginger "gang leader" round our way who only looks about 8 or 9 herself and wanders the streets with a gang of other girls who can only be my daughters age, 7 at a push. Lost count of the number of times I've heard her F-ing and blinding as I walk through the park to the local Co-op, probably some of it aimed at me just to try and get a reaction since they probably know they can do what they like and won't get punished either by parents or authorities.

I`v almost started threads similar to this myself before now. At work, the amount of parents that get on and just let their kid run off to the back of the bus and climb about like its a frigging jungle gym. I`d say on a near daily basis I have to stop and ask them to control the child. Most of the time the mum/dad sheepishly goes and sorts the little **** out so they know its wrong, but every now and then they`ll assume having your child do what they want is fine.

Once I had a woman get on with her child sat in the buggy, I carried on driving and the bell went off, pulled into the stop and no one got off. The woman said "sorry it was my child". Carried on to the next stop, the kid rang the bell again, I told the woman if it carried on she`d have to get off, she said "he wont stop it what can I do?" I explained to her its not my place to discipline her child but I dont have the time to stop at every stop for no reason, or the patients to listen to the bell running constantly. So we drove off, the bell never rang again, but the kid SCREAMED the whole way to the city, she offered it maccy D`s, sweets, toys when all he needed was a good dose of discipline.

• Like 3

Well if your getting old then what do you call me? Im only 22 and im more strict with my sisters kids then my mum was with me when i was a kid.

Parents let their children get away with murder these days, there a little kids that lives 2 door up from me, not meaning to stereotype but the family is something youd see from shameless, she cannot tell her kids, no that naughty dont do that, she will scream so the whole street can hear but this does not seem to work.

Iv often wondered is it socially acceptable for me to tell her child off, first reason been, he loves to annoy my dog, this dog is 8st german shepherd and he naturally territorial and iv told him one day of these days he will get lose can he will think you are threatening his property and lets just say he will not want his tummy rubbed. Second reason, i park my car on a drive outside my house, a public path runs around my car and he gets ever so close to it when he is on his bike/scooter, if he is come off im going to be left with an imprint of head on my car, then all hell will break lose

The first thing i was told by father was to respect other peoples property, especially someones car, why is this not been instilled into children in this day and age?!

• Like 1

Oh, please, don't get me started. The one thing I can't stand is misbehaving children, as the previous posts have said, the parents have no control over their kids. Discipline doesn't come in to their vocabulary. I work in a hospital, and the kids run about screaming and have no respect to the fact that we deal with sick people, many of whom are very elderly, and unsure on their feet. The parents just let them do it and say nothing, but I do say something to the kids and give them one of my looks and then they sit down quietly, which is as it should be. The parents don"t like it when you tell them. It shouldn't be down to me to reprimand them, the parents should realise it is a hospital not a playground. When I was a child, I was told to sit quietly and play, and respect others, and woe betide me if I put a foot out of place. I realise children need to play but there is a time and a place. Thank God I don't have any, they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Oh, please, don't get me started. The one thing I can't stand is misbehaving children, as the previous posts have said, the parents have no control over their kids. Discipline doesn't come in to their vocabulary. I work in a hospital, and the kids run about screaming and have no respect to the fact that we deal with sick people, many of whom are very elderly, and unsure on their feet. The parents just let them do it and say nothing, but I do say something to the kids and give them one of my looks and then they sit down quietly, which is as it should be. The parents don"t like it when you tell them. It shouldn't be down to me to reprimand them, the parents should realise it is a hospital not a playground. When I was a child, I was told to sit quietly and play, and respect others, and woe betide me if I put a foot out of place. I realise children need to play but there is a time and a place. Thank God I don't have any, they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Haha same here, if i had kids they would hate me!

I used to get a smack on my bare bum if i was naughty which actually hurt so i knew what would happen if i misbehaved, i didt push my luck..nanny state!

Haha same here, if i had kids they would hate me!

I used to get a smack on my bare bum if i was naughty which actually hurt so i knew what would happen if i misbehaved, i didt push my luck..nanny state!

I used to get a smack as well, and a cane was kept in the corner as a threat, not that it was ever used. A smack didn't do me any harm and I think I've turned out ok. Discipline has gone out the window, and that's why today's generation are turning in to thugs! I'll get off my soap box now! lol

• Like 1

Problem is that I've got oneGrandkid ,thats been diagnosed as hyperactive ,due to some of the E numbers in sweets. How many other kids are kicking up with E number related problems .

It's easy to blame it on age and being a generational thing but where did their parents go wrong? surely the answer lies elsewhere and something has changed for people to act as they do.

I blame the parents is never wrong ;)