What hids do i get.

Ross SY

Just wondering what setup yous would recomend.

i was going to get this set http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h4-55w-pro-max-bi-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

But looking through the forum others are using other kits like http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-kits-35w-canbuspro/h4-hilo-beam-hid-kits/h4-hilo-beam-twin-relay-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-kit-p-535.html

Price isnt a bother. I just wont he best lights.

I checked the mot book today the rules say if washers and self levelling are fitted they have to function it doesn't mention in reason for rejection columb hid lights fitted with out washers etc is a reason to fail

So as a mot tester I would pass and advise if i saw a kit with no washers etc

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_170.htm. Have a look

Not kits, no. But you can get headlights with projectors. After market HIDs in standard reflector headlights will produce an incorrect beam pattern, with massive scatter.

My beam pattern was fine with Hids in it was the scatter that was the problem, it just blinds everybody coming other way

I fitted a set they were in 2 days and i took them out

• Like 1

As meg said, it isn't so much the beam pattern that's wrong. The pattern can be perfect, but there will still be excess light scattered, simply due to the fact the lamp is 5 or more times brighter than a halogen one (especially the 55w kit HIDs4u sell. That's just stupidly bright). A standard halogen bulb has scatter too, only it is nowhere near as bright, so isn't a major problem.

In a projector lamp, all the light has to go through the projector lens, so there is no scatter and a perfect cutoff.

Putting discharge lights in a reflector that isn't designed for them is stupid, and is one of the things that really p*sses me, and everyone else off on the road.

Edited by rk696

Hid threads end up locked dont they

Some like

Some dont

Some care

Some dont

If you want them , get them

Ive never had mot issues

If the become illegal then hey-ho

Like ive said before , speedings illegal and that wont ever stop

Im sure people on this forum my sneak over the limit a few mph or more lol

Aslong as there are cars there will be things you can do that you shouldnt

Theres loads of hid kits around brizzle, i rarely get grumpy folk flash,

Your best plan bud, deside if you want some and then get them, or dont

( hids direct would be the ones imo )

Goodluck

Both could be looked as dangerous tho, people wont stop using them aslong as they are being made

Ive only actually been flasehed once or twice, since dropping them down ive had no trouble

I can also see very well at night lol

I until i get a suv with factory xenons come over a hump or something of course,

Maybe hid threads should also be banned as it provoke strong opinions which tbh start people getting ****ed off

Like i said, if people want them then get them, if you dont want them..... Dont

I've got nothing against hid kits at all, I've had them in my last 2 volvos and the 406 that i had for abit and they were brilliant, hence the reason i bought a set for octy but in my opinion they just didn't work or at least the kit I bought didn't,

I wish they did because even with decent bulbs in the octy headlights are ****

I've got a spare set of headlights and was going to see if i could fabricate some low beam projectors into where foglight projector is but its one of many things on list and just not got round to it, either that or just get a bare set of standard xenon lamps and put my own kit into them

Still plenty of flash cars like ranges, mercs that dazzle the foork outta me with there overly bright HIDS in projectors so it aint just reflectors.

Im game with hids in Projectors, they looks loads better.. However. i ran bi-xenon kit in reflectors for a while in the bora before i got projectors. i simply adjusted my head lights correctly, then a tad lower (on the lowest manual setting) and i never got flashed. if i needed them higher in the country i just just used the dash switch to make them higher.

Yes you should have projectors, but there are ways of improving/reducing the glare to other road users.