Yeti with added black bits!

IainM1970

Did you have any problems fitting the front mud flaps? I've been told that they don't fit when the black arches are fitted but your car has them.

Ah you are asking the wrong man ... I am totally non-techy. The garage didn't mention any problems, the mud flaps were fitted before I was talked into (didn't take much!) the black arches. Whether they removed them to fit the arches I don't know.

Very smart ian. Stuart just showed me the photos in his phone I never saw it in the metal. We definitely need to do a photo shoot when I get the winter wheels off mine

Any time ... the first meeting of the West Lothian velux club!

yes looks great to me,so whats the plans for the future projects

Nothing planned but the guys at the garage know I'm a sucker for this kind of thing so .......!

First things first is to get used to all the extra features that my vRSs didn't have, then next weekend hitch up the caravan and see what it's like towing.

It looks to me as if they are fitted over the top of the film.

Thanks! The reason I asked is because mine has fallen off twice and the first time was after a very hot day in the summer followed by rain, and it fell off on the motorway. It might worth checking it after a hot summer day (its covered under warranty anyway - either 2 years if it was fitted on the car after you bought it or 3 years if fitted when the car is new)

Thanks! The reason I asked is because mine has fallen off twice and the first time was after a very hot day in the summer followed by rain, and it fell off on the motorway. It might worth checking it after a hot summer day (its covered under warranty anyway - either 2 years if it was fitted on the car after you bought it or 3 years if fitted when the car is new)

"Hot summer day"? Not sure what that is. Iain have you ever heard of this phenomenon? I doubt it will be an issue in the West Lothian Velux Club. :rofl:

"Hot summer day"? Not sure what that is. Iain have you ever heard of this phenomenon? I doubt it will be an issue in the West Lothian Velux Club. :rofl:

We do tepid ... that's about it. However we shall need to be careful when we have the West Lothian Velux Club outing to Burntisland in case they are having a heatwave in the Kingdom!

If you want some warmth you could try a visit to the Scottish outpost of Doncaster :rofl:

TP

and don't forget Antartica - not warm but the Labour government managed to devolve it to Scotland apparently :rofl:

It looks great Iain. Personally I'd leave the "chin" silver for now. Black is the colour to go with but even in gloss black it will make the lower bumper look too heavy. The one I posted before had its black but the rest of the lower bumper was fully colour coded making the "chin" stand out better.

Took a long hard look at it today and I'm sticking with a silver chin ... it looks fine to me so I'll save my pennies for now.

Thanks all for the comments.

Can't decide if my next one should be red with black bits or silver with black bits ... however I have a couple of years to ponder this!!

• Like 1

Sorry to be a dissenter but IMHO its the wrong look for a Yeti.

The black wheel arch protectors are fine but your lovely Annapurnas should have been kept as 'polished' or the two tone polished spokes with black bits in between.

If though you are going for the 'black' look then the front lower bumper should be black as well, not silver.

Just my two pence worth.

Wow. Best looking Yeti I've seen to date.

I am currently waiting on mine to arrive - it is red with a black roof. Similar to you, I was planning to get my wheels painted black, and mirrors too, and this proves to me that both look awesome. Though your wheels look better than mine ever will - are Annapurnas aftermarket? Or is that what they come with over in the UK?

And that grille! I wouldn't have thought it would add so much sportiness to it.

Collected the bits today after a false start when the dealer gave me some Roomster bits in a box by mistake - another trip back to get "my" box :wall:

Trial fitting confirms my thoughts that the plastic trim will protect the painted panel edges from gravel rash and supermarket doors - I'm not bothered about the cosmetic improvement.

Just one snag, I need special two part urethane adhesive which the dealer could have mentioned when I collected the bits. I suppose I could use Sikaflex or something similar but I guess the proper stuff is a safer bet.

Back to the dealer again then and wait for some warmer weather before applying.

Collected the bits today after a false start when the dealer gave me some Roomster bits in a box by mistake - another trip back to get "my" box :wall:

Trial fitting confirms my thoughts that the plastic trim will protect the painted panel edges from gravel rash and supermarket doors - I'm not bothered about the cosmetic improvement.

Just one snag, I need special two part urethane adhesive which the dealer could have mentioned when I collected the bits. I suppose I could use Sikaflex or something similar but I guess the proper stuff is a safer bet.

Back to the dealer again then and wait for some warmer weather before applying.

It's important to fit them when dry, from what I can see, the instruction is quite limited.

I would personally stick to the VAG stuff, I recall it cost less than 10% of the wheel arches. I think it also needs priming.

I have had 2 bits fallen off since fitted. The key is to rough up or degrease the inside of the wheel arches to make sure it sticks well and after fitting leave the car in a dry place until it is solid.

IainM, I'd like to congratulate you on a good job, well done!

You haven't "cheapened" the Yeti by adding useless bling and shine, but you've enhanced the look and the character of the Monster by tasteful application of readily available additions, without going anywhere near "over the top".

Tasteful, controlled, and appropriate. As they say in Devon - "Proper job!"

• Like 1

IainM, I'd like to congratulate you on a good job, well done!

You haven't "cheapened" the Yeti by adding useless bling and shine, but you've enhanced the look and the character of the Monster by tasteful application of readily available additions, without going anywhere near "over the top".

Tasteful, controlled, and appropriate. As they say in Devon - "Proper job!"

Thank you very much.

My previous two cars were Octavia vRS models so I wanted something that looked to me a bit sporty, however didn't want to go too far. I think it is just right ... though a black roof would have been good. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for my next one they'll allow us to have that in the UK ... or maybe by then fashion will have moved on!

Will take more pictures tomorrow when it meets its new best pal, our lovely Sterling Cruach for the first time!

It's important to fit them when dry, from what I can see, the instruction is quite limited.

I would personally stick to the VAG stuff, I recall it cost less than 10% of the wheel arches. I think it also needs priming.

I have had 2 bits fallen off since fitted. The key is to rough up or degrease the inside of the wheel arches to make sure it sticks well and after fitting leave the car in a dry place until it is solid.

After seeing Iain's magnificent machine, I was instantly on to our dealer (same place as did iain's yeti) to see if there was still time to add the wheel arch protectors to our shiny new candy white Yeti. This wasn't a problem but it did slightly extended the long wait until we could get our new monster as the protectors have to be allowed to set in place for at least 24 hours after fitting. We're picking up the car tomorrow and after seeing Iain's pictures, I'm sure it will have been worth the extra wait.

Phibes.