soupafly

My curious nature and an hour on the web prompted by some pointers on this site has led me to establish that there seems to be a facelift Yeti which will be introduced mid year 2012 (below).

I wonder if anyone knows detail regarding the UK launch, commencement of build in the Czech factory, earliest date available to order etc?

If ... ahem..... someone were to order a car and its build week was after the commencement of building facelift models in the factory, would that person get a facelift model or would they make to the older, current spec? With lead-times of up to 1 year, this is bound to happen. Wouldn't the dealer or SUK tell us?

Also, is it possible for a customer to delay one's factory build date?

Skoda Yeti Facelift

Looks like the headlamps are slightly different, as is the bonnet badge.

Apart from that looks the same. :think:

If such a change was to happen then the forthcoming Geneva motor show would be one to watch. A good time to introduce a facelift is the change from one model year to the next or close to that date. Skoda traditionally change model year WK22 beginning of June with any major mid year updates in WK45 (November). Other changes can and do happen in between if they are using up stocks.

If you have placed an order and it falls after any change then you will get the new spec, the only way to delay an order if your hoping for an update is cancel and reorder nearer the time.

Oh SUK tell you what's going on :rofl:

TP

It'll only be a minor facelift (bumpers, lights, grille) as the design has only been out for 3 years now. Still about 4 years to the Yeti mkII.

That will be when serious new tech will be introduced IMO.

The Superb does not have lane assit etc... yet. And that's the flagship.

There are a number of very speculative and amateur/Photoshop'd images around on the web with suggested timeframes out to 2015 and beyond. To the best of my knowledge, absolutely none of them seems to have been confirmed as being anything other than total and often wild speculation as yet (although possibly dealers have been given some intimation, but very probably under CDA). I would have thought that the time must be rapidly approaching when any suggestion of a 2012 FL model must be announced or, alternatively, will have been put off until the 2014 MY perhaps. Doesn't building of 2013 MY cars start mid-2012 - at least if the past timetable was any guide?

But if the image posted does have any credibility then I'd certainly welcome the simpler/less fussy (less 20th century continental to my eye even) treatment of the front. But yes what I'd very much be looking for too is a powerful but more economical petrol engine to replace the seriously ageing 1.8TSi, coupled also with being able to spec DSG with this. But I'm not aware of any speculation around the mechanics - it's all visuals.

If the Mission L is the new Octavia (which is likely to go on show in Geneva), then it is more than likely that the Yeti would carry the family face.

On another note, whilst browsing Google for Yeti 2012 Facelift, I found this:

6652121013_962320381c.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-at-Auto-Expo.jpg

No idea what this symbolises but it seems to be on an official Skoda stand at Audot Expo in India (http://www.autoexpo.in/)

Edited by My_Yeti

There are a number of very speculative and amateur/Photoshop'd images around on the web with suggested timeframes out to 2015 and beyond. To the best of my knowledge, absolutely none of them seems to have been confirmed as being anything other than total and often wild speculation as yet (although possibly dealers have been given some intimation, but very probably under CDA). I would have thought that the time must be rapidly approaching when any suggestion of a 2012 FL model must be announced or, alternatively, will have been put off until the 2014 MY perhaps. Doesn't building of 2013 MY cars start mid-2012 - at least if the past timetable was any guide?

But if the image posted does have any credibility then I'd certainly welcome the simpler/less fussy (less 20th century continental to my eye even) treatment of the front. But yes what I'd very much be looking for too is a powerful but more economical petrol engine to replace the seriously ageing 1.8TSi, coupled also with being able to spec DSG with this. But I'm not aware of any speculation around the mechanics - it's all visuals.

My build date is showing wk 30, after wk 22 so maybe I'll get an MY2013 vehicle.

My_Yeti, from your photo I struggle to see any difference from the current model.

My build date is showing wk 30, after wk 22 so maybe I'll get an MY2013 vehicle.

My_Yeti, from your photo I struggle to see any difference from the current model.

No maybe about it WK30 will be a MY13; hopefully your not superstitious :rofl:

The tenth letter of the chassis number will be a letter D

http://www.briskoda....tis-vin-number/

TP

I believe they are calling that the Rapide!

Was under the impression the D would possibly morff into the Octy III and the L a new smaller model to sit between the Octy and the Fabia; possibly bringing the Rapid name tag back to life in Europe.

Was very disappointed that Skoda used such an iconic name on that bland Indian Fabia style saloon. Mind the Felicia name tag was also associated with more sporting models as is Popular :wonder:

Be great to see Skoda building small and stylish coupés again but VW I'm sure won't allow it as with the Tudor prototype that became an Audi.

TP

Previously we have only seen colour coded plastic trim on after market cars. This is the first time that it has been officially colour coded. So it may be possible that it is the only (or one of many) facelift element?

Previously we have only seen colour coded plastic trim on after market cars. This is the first time that it has been officially colour coded. So it may be possible that it is the only (or one of many) facelift element?

As per my prediction. Colour coded bumpers and valances. Maybe that and the new badge is all they do?

BUT remember the Yeti is build in CKD form in India. So I guess they paint them there as well.

Has anyone seen a spy shot or anything definitive about a facelifted Yeti? There have been spy shots of the Superb facelift as well as spy shots of the facelifted Freelander etc. but I have yet to see anything in the real motoring press about a facelifted Yeti. Is the facelift a reality or are we just conjecturing here? It is only 3 years since the Yeti was launched and Skoda usually wait longer than that before making any cosmetic changes.

Is the facelift a reality or are we just conjecturing here?

I've not seen anything that was founded in hard news so yes it all seems totally to be conjecture and speculation. And I agree that it would be unsurprising for the Yeti to continue in its present cosmetic form for at least another Model Year round. But overall and for UK buyers a Yeti specification that was even slightly revised could include any one of the following change categories:

1. External styling

2. Drive train

3 Skoda equipment options

4 SUK equipment options

So [2] could include eg a more economical or powerful petrol engine or making DSG an option with more powerful engines;

[3] could include things like DAB radio, reversing camera etc

[4] is I suppose not strictly speaking any sort of FL change, but would go down the same road for UK buyers and broadly would cover making available certain standard Yeti options which we're currently denied in the UK. eg 16" wheels as an option, MDI for ipods/iphones etc, alcantara seats as an option.

I've not seen anything that was founded in hard news so yes it all seems totally to be conjecture and speculation. And I agree that it would be unsurprising for the Yeti to continue in its present cosmetic form for at least another Model Year round. But overall and for UK buyers a Yeti specification that was even slightly revised could include any one of the following change categories:

1. External styling

2. Drive train

3 Skoda equipment options

4 SUK equipment options

So [2] could include eg a more economical or powerful petrol engine or making DSG an option with more powerful engines;

[3] could include things like DAB radio, reversing camera etc

[4] is I suppose not strictly speaking any sort of FL change, but would go down the same road for UK buyers and broadly would cover making available certain standard Yeti options which we're currently denied in the UK. eg 16" wheels as an option, MDI for ipods/iphones etc, alcantara seats as an option.

2, 3 & 4 are all ongoing developments that you would expect to be introduced as a product matures. In fact the Yeti has had several under-the-skin changes since it was introduced as well as the addition of the 1.4 TSi engine and DSG variant with a diesel engine.

Isn't the definition of a Facelift that it includes noticeable cosmetic updates to the external appearance?

Isn't the definition of a Facelift that it includes noticeable cosmetic updates to the external appearance?

I'm sure you're right - that would be a perfectly logical meaning to Facelift. All I was thinking was that there could be a set of changes introduced at one time that would amount to more than the one-by-one incremental changes of eg the 1.4TSi engines or introduction of electric chairs, but without being a major external styling or eg dashboard revamp. And it might be surprising if this wasn't accompanied by at least some subtle external cosmetic change just to distinguish the cars with the significant spec upgrade from previous models.

Adaptive damping would be a nice option for the Yeti, as I see it's available on the Tiguan.

As well as the cosmetics would be nice if they sorted out a few of the minor niggles that have been raised on here.

Poxy boot light, rear seat straps to hold seat folded and impossible to change indicator bulbs (without a mortgage) for instance.

I could go on.

Colour coded body moulding would be nice considering the amount of energy I waste cleaning the current monstrosities (to clean I mean).

Maybe coming up for a new order so ever hopeful.

3 weeks since placing my order. Prod date as been reduced from wk 33 to wk 30 and checking today, production has been reduced further to wk24. A 9 wk lead-time reduction in 3 weeks. Is that heard of?

If anything, maybe this indicates that VAG are sorting out their 4wd and automatic gearbox shortages in the supply chain.

If history noted on this site is anything to go by then the build date will go up and down like a yoyo until you have a confirmed build week, usually about 2 weeks before actual production of your car starts.

Ian