mk 2 vrs very ill. could be new engine.

well guys the news isnt looking good... fill you in driving down the bypass 70 go to over take, drop gear to 6th then loud bang, and epc and eimision light and a few other lights on the dash. pull over and the message on the maxi dot was engine failed.

rac turn up under skoda warranty and plugged in various messages on dash.

from

break's vacuum failure

cylinder failure in 1 2 3 and 4

car got towed to garage and its still there.

20120305_114239.jpg

20120305_121841.jpg

will keep u posted....

well guys the news isnt looking good... fill you in driving down the bypass 70 go to over take, drop gear to 6th then loud bang, and epc and eimision light and a few other lights on the dash. pull over and the message on the maxi dot was engine failed.

rac turn up under skoda warranty and plugged in various messages on dash.

from

break's vacuum failure

cylinder failure in 1 2 3 and 4

car got towed to garage and its still there.

20120305_114239.jpg

20120305_121841.jpg

will keep u posted....

Sorry m8 hope it's not terminal, all the best

Not good. Hopefully they'll sort it quickly. I drive pretty briskly once it's all warmed up as it should be. Don't know whether to peg back or not now and save it or Castle Combe

Sorry about your car mate, hope it's all sorted out properly.

The maxidot message made me laugh though. WORKSHOP ! As if you didn't know ! :notme:

If only it shout "VERKSHOP" in an arnie schwatzaname style accent then it would be perfect :)

What worries me is your car has done over 16,000 miles and you've described an every day situation for most of us. Error message as well as all 4 cylinders failing sounds worse.

Hope it gets fixed mate. Keep us posted.

What worries me is your car has done over 16,000 miles and you've described an every day situation for most of us. Error message as well as all 4 cylinders failing sounds worse.

Hope it gets fixed mate. Keep us posted.

mmm, all four cylinders?! whats that? timing chain snapped?!

all the best, and keep us updated

well guys the news isn't good the dealers have been on the phone 3 or 4 times. the car has got a major engine failure i have a miss fire across the engine and the spark plugs in number 2 and 4 have been destroyed to the point off ware, the bottom off the sparks have blown in to the engine. which is to the point the engine is dead as the dodo, they tried telling they were going to just replace the sparks. i have told them not a chance and i will reject the car on that basis..

i am off to have a strong drink :(

what on earth causes a failure like that? i don't think i have ever heard of such an issue.

Totally right on rejecting any repair made that does not include a new engine in my opinion. i assume the engine still turned following the catastrophic failure mashing the broken spark plug all around the combustion chamber.

I was thinking of upgrading to a mark 2 fab vRS.

No so sure now, but I hope you get it sorted.

Because one car has engine failure? :giggle:

You need a Micra..They are very reliable says my mates grandmother!! :hi::giggle:

• Like 1

what on earth causes a failure like that? i don't think i have ever heard of such an issue.

Totally right on rejecting any repair made that does not include a new engine in my opinion. i assume the engine still turned following the catastrophic failure mashing the broken spark plug all around the combustion chamber.

yes it was considering i was 60 ish and then its been driven by skoda today on a road test, :(