Hybrid turbo owners, worth it?

Turbo Technics have a Hybrid PD150 listed as £500 (S211)

I know typically their turbos are on an exchange basis so not sure if you'll have an extra depost or something. Might be worth emailing them?

Turbo Technics have a Hybrid PD150 listed as £500 (S211)

I know typically their turbos are on an exchange basis so not sure if you'll have an extra depost or something. Might be worth emailing them?

Ive emailed them before no reply, same with turbo technics. Only people that replied were CR Turbo's. I rang up Turbo Centre UK their version of a hybrid using a saab compressor wheel or something but still pd150 casing but costs £625 + vat plus your old turbo.

Well, gob smacked!

Just met fellow brisky member 'Max132' and he took me for a great drive for about an hour unleashing the monster hybrid pd150. Just truly is a beast of a thing, i couldn't believe how well it pulled. It just kept going and going and going lol...There wasn't any lag that i noticed, all he done if he wanted to over take was drop it down a cog like i usually do and boom instant hit and a nice smooth (but hard) pull all the way! I've got to say the Map on it is very impressive big thumb up to Will at P torque.

The difference is night and day, big thanks again dude, will deffo meet up again hopefully in May at that meet =]

My pleasure mate - your car looks great by the way (clearly well looked after) - hope you decide to go for the hybrid - with everything else you have it's the last peice of the puzzle - check out your insurance first though to make sure they'll still cover you.

Will let you know about the meet in May - hope to make it but not sure about commitments yet.

Thanks mate I clean it every week but haven't washed it in a while because of work! I'd like to go out in a pd130 hybrid to see what the difference is like, so if anybody near ish hereford wudnt mind me coming to meet u for a quick spin I'm more than happy to travel! I just wanna make the right choice as its a lot of money to spend lol.

• 2 years later...

Ive emailed them before no reply, same with turbo technics. Only people that replied were CR Turbo's. I rang up Turbo Centre UK their version of a hybrid using a saab compressor wheel or something but still pd150 casing but costs £625 + vat plus your old turbo

Hi everyone, My fabia vrs tdi130 turbo went bang so sent it to CR and asked for a hybrid in return (£625) and a claimed 200bhp... im guesing this is the one they quoted you deadmau5, the only other they offer was a 260bhp unit. its ariving tomorow... which leads me to my next questions :-)

Im in the guildford-surry-hants area and need a trusted place for re-mapping my fabia after ive fitted the hybrid (seen and heard a few horror stories and watched one place detonate my mates r32 lol ) also can i wind the boost down with a bleed valve until its been done?dont want to do any damage running round with the stock map. any help will be much appreciated, also when its done i will be happy to get some pics and do a write up on the turbo and how it performs if you like.Thanks in advance

The Cr turbos 200bhp hybrid arived today, have some pics if anyones interested, Im not fitting it till next week now and the closest most reputable chip tuners who specialize in VAG are "The Phirm" heard a couple of horror stories but on the whole they seem to know there stuff, they using revo maps apparently, if anyone has any better sugestions feel free to pipe up :-D the next closest place to me was rising sun performance, and from looking on driftworks there good at blowing up and keeping peoples cars for months. last pic is my std 130 turbo, totaly wrecked

post-104590-0-64634600-1403714582_thumb.jpg

post-104590-0-16636300-1403714591_thumb.jpg

post-104590-0-60638800-1403714601_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary, you can happily run around on the standard map no problem and when you want it mapped you don't have to go for the peak figures

Thanks mate i was told to trailer it and not drive until re-mapped, i guess there just covering there asses :-) ive taken the whole boost track and intercooler out as i found turbo impeller treasure in there lol. been doing mechanics for the last 15 years but only the last few years got into VAG and PD and totally fallen in love with the fabia

Lads! need some advice on your experiences with the hybrid turbo. I cant decide whether to stick to the standard pd150 or go all out on the hybrid pd150. I dont want high figures of 230-240, ideally im after 220bhp as its my daily driver ( i do 15- 20k a year) i dont want to hamper reliability toooo much.

Ive got my uprated sachs clutch ready to be fitted, once that is done, its turbo time.

So, main question, was it worth the money? ive seen descriptions of it being ''fabia on steroids'' which sounds class haha. Any problems after going hybrid?

Any help always appreciated!

Dan

i was running 216bhp on pd150 turbo when it gave it i bought a brandnew garrett pd150 it lasted 5 weeks got my money back under warrenty (3 month later) bought a mdx hybrid from turbo dynamics and a yr later she's still going strong

Guest BigJase88

Standard map is fine on a hybrid

Its a stronger turbo so no issues running low boost whatsoever

I've not fitted a front mount yet dark as the turbo has skinted me for the Mo, its high on the to do list tho :-) what's your views on solid flywheels? As a rule I bin the dmf as I've seen to many come apart on stock motors let alone tuned, I know mine isn't great so gonna go for that before the ic

I've not fitted a front mount yet dark as the turbo has skinted me for the Mo, its high on the to do list tho :-) what's your views on solid flywheels? As a rule I bin the dmf as I've seen to many come apart on stock motors let alone tuned, I know mine isn't great so gonna go for that before the ic

if you don't mind the noise they are fit and forget.

the rattle from the 6 speed gearbox is bad though, horrible sound :(