Lowering Options - MK2 Fabia vRS

But yours will be weighted better won't they sy? As in springs/shocks not just springs?

I looked at Weitec 30mm springs for my estate, only £143.20! :)

Hmm...

Btw : mine got the Weitec GT damper + springs-kit ;).

241122-2722939.jpg

241122-2722941.jpg

Weitec GT, 30 mm lower.

However, the top-mounts is sticking up a couple off centimeters...

Gonna see if it sits down properly with stock-suspension later today!

Are these springs and shocks or coilovers mate?

Original post updated :)

I've driven cars with KW V1/2&3 fitted and imo all were crashy. I've also tried the V3s back to back with the AST equivalent and the KW were terrible imo. Hurdy has also had KW previously and reckons he'd never go back after having his Bilstein coilovers.

As far as I can tell most of the guys who have the KWs and love them havent tried a car with alternatives. Andthe guys I know who have tried other options have either changed or want to.

Also VWRacing used to be a KW dealer and fit them to the race cars but they chose to move away from them on a quality and performance basis.

IMO KW are like miltek. They get kits out to the market first which then means they then dominate the forums, so whenever someone says which kit should they buy, the first answer is 'KW'.

• Like 1

I was only considering getting the B16 coilovers or B12 spring/damper kit, but then I tried the ASTs that VWRacing now use and they converted me.  The car is now in with them as I speak for them to develop new parts.  they will be developing this range on mine http://www.goapr.com/news/2012/04/03/apr-presents-exclusive-distribution-of-volkswagen-racing-uks-performance-product-line/

The more I read the more I can't make up my mind. Seems that KW are the best option but the most expensive one too :(

It all got to do with what you want to do with the kit!

If you need to lower the car 90 mm (that's how much the blue Fabia vRS is lowered) or if 30 mm is enough (like I have).

EDIT : am I blind or can't I just see my Fabia in the original post xD?

Edited by Confide

I would drop it the most 40mm - this is my daily car so I have to compromise.

I also don't want to spend more than 800Euros - more then that and it will be a waste of money as I don't use the car in the track that much to really enjoy and benefit from coilovers of the 1200 and 1800Euros range which I expect to be better than the range I'm looking at.

What is interesting is that I find many coilovers for MKI Fabia rather than MKII.

Do the MKI coilovers fit the MKII even if the company doesn't mention it?

For now I can find these online:

http://www.europerformancedirect.co.uk/parts/car/sub_category.mhtml?root_category=suspension;sub_category=coilover-kits;car=skodafabia

I just got my car back from the dealer this afternoon after having eibachs fitted.

I've only done a few miles so far, but the difference in ride was immediately apparent, no more crashing over crappy road surfaces :-)

I'll report back with some pics & a more considered opinion next week after its done a few hundred miles & settled down a little

• Like 1

Skoda made a hash of the VRS suspension IMO.

All the guys who have lowered their cars are pleased and report a better ride overall.

Just look at the 4x4 look of the standard car, it's awful. Compare it to the Ibiza and Audi. Just what were they thinking. :drunk:

Coupled with the silly body height being able to wear a Tophat whilst driving ..... Hope the next Fabia has a decent designer.

Completely agree re the quality of the stock suspension ride

However I've been keeping an eye on other cars while sat in traffic recently & once you start looking for it you'd be surprised how many other cars have a similarly large gap under the arches but get away with it. For example the Focus ST has a similar 4x4 high stance but at first sight it doesn't stand out as much as the fabia vrs unless you take a closer look at the car. I think it's exacerbated on the fabia & your eye is immediatly drawn to the high stance due to the body shape & the wheel/tyre combo

I've only done a few miles so far, but the difference in ride was immediately apparent, no more crashing over crappy road surfaces :-)

Honestly? I'm sure mine creaks and rattles much more now :-/ it hates hitting the deep pot holes!

Just like the standard car.....

The only reason I'm not keen on lowering is making any creaking worse. Most of the time it's fine but I go over cobbles everyday to work and it rattles a lot on that bit but overall it's pretty good apart from my arm rest. You can't just blame the car. The real and more serious issue is that 90% of the roads are crap. Driven a few cars this year so far and all will creak on certain roads.

Honestly? I'm sure mine creaks and rattles much more now :-/ it hates hitting the deep pot holes!

I've not noticed it making any more noise than before (yet) but tbh mine wasn't too bad before, the main noises seemed to be fue to the contents of the glovebox or one of the rear seatbelts.

Having done my normal commute this morning I can certainly feel its firmer than it was before, but there is also more control & it doesn't feel like it crashes around over potholes in the way it did before

• 2 weeks later...

people using the Skoda approved eibach 20mm springs just a quick question, on my previous cars fitted with lowering springs on standard shocks, both tend to bounce awhile after hitting a dip/bump in the road, I was wondering if the eibach springs fitted to the mkII Fabia vrs do the same?