Lowering Options - MK2 Fabia vRS

3rd year apprentice at my dads work (VW dealer) for 40quids which aint bad :) was going todo it myself but our workshop is in the middle of being painted so its out of action for weeks.....plus some dropped the ramps off a forklift when moving them out the workshop :giggle: h17(cant rember the rest of his username) has a good guide on how to fit them yourself on here some where im sure.

Best place to buy them from would be awesome gti or dpm performance of you speak to them on here youl get a bit of a discount :)

Best place to buy them from would be awesome gti or dpm performance of you speak to them on here youl get a bit of a discount :)

Awesome are pretty close to me, quoted £300 for springs, fitment and alignment.

Does anybody else find the stock dampers/suspension quite hard even If you go over relatively small potholes/curbs? (yes I've checked, transport blocks are not on!)

I had read before I bought it, that the vRS was the softest out of the three (and that was one of the reasons I went for it) so I dare not imagine how hard the ride should be on the Polo or the Cupra :sweat: . My question is If this is down to the dampers, the bushes, the springs or whatever. And also, If there are any solutions out there that can offer a height reduction and an improvement in confort at the same time. If that is possible I may cancel the H&Rs and wait a little more so that I can go for a complete uprated set. I pass from 1 railroad track and several hard speed bumps during my daily commute and I really feel I'm killing it early...

Edited by newbie69

I go over cobbles in Swansea most days and it is jarring. It's a lot better than many cars I've been in but I am having second thoughts about lowering. Provided it actually improved handling and didn't wear out my tyres unevenly I'd either go for the Skoda Eibachs or H&R's

• Like 1

I go over cobbles in Swansea most days and it is jarring. It's a lot better than many cars I've been in but I am having second thoughts about lowering. Provided it actually improved handling and didn't wear out my tyres unevenly I'd either go for the Skoda Eibachs or H&R's

Improves handling ? Absolutely.

Wears the tyres ? Not if the alignement is sorted properly. Suppose that means them spending more than 10 minutes on it.

Awesome GTi took ages on the alignment and I remember thinking, WTF takes so long to align ?

They obviously took X time because as they said later, 'it's a very important job'.

Can't comment on the estate, but if I had the estate (and without the missus moaning about it) I would have got one. Then, even just for the looks, I would lower it straight away.

Really like the estate.

I had kw v1 coilovers on my polo 6r and could not believe how comfortable they were i only wish id have spent the extra on them for my fab.

It was actually better than standard in every way but they did cost £700+

I had kw v1 coilovers on my polo 6r and could not believe how comfortable they were i only wish id have spent the extra on them for my fab.

It was actually better than standard in every way but they did cost £700+

So you'd say that the KW variant 1 coilovers improved handling (apparently) and increased ride comfort at the same time? Interesting...

What about the Weitecs you currently have on and their effect on the comfort alone? Better? Worse? Same as stock?

I'm convinced that Skoda (to save a couple of pennies) fitted the VRS with some obscure springs from 'Ping Ho Iron Works' in China or something. :think:

They got a massive group buy and passed these wonderful springs onto us VRS owners.

No wonder owners who have changed to anything other than standard are having an improvement all round.

Are those lowered heights compared to a vrs or non vrs?

The vrs irrc is 15mm lower than a non vrs. so 40mm lowering springs is how many mm lower than what? 40mm lower than non vrs or 40 mm lower than vrs? if it's 40mm lower than a non vrs it's actually 25mm lower than a vrs...it would be good to know for non vrs owners looking at pictures