Lowering Options - MK2 Fabia vRS

Are those lowered heights compared to a vrs or non vrs?

The vrs irrc is 15mm lower than a non vrs. so 40mm lowering springs is how many mm lower than what? 40mm lower than non vrs or 40 mm lower than vrs? if it's 40mm lower than a non vrs it's actually 25mm lower than a vrs...it would be good to know for non vrs owners looking at pictures

To my understanding, it should be -40mm from wherever you start. So in order for a non-vrs to get as low as a -40mm lowered vrs it would need to be -55mm lowered.

Edited by newbie69

To my understanding, it should be -40mm from wherever you start. So in order for a non-vrs to get as low as a -40mm lowered vrs it would need to be -55mm lowered.

Correct.

I was parked next to a standard VRS in Liverpool and it really did look like an off roader !

So you'd say that the KW variant 1 coilovers improved handling (apparently) and increased ride comfort at the same time? Interesting...

What about the Weitecs you currently have on and their effect on the comfort alone? Better? Worse? Same as stock?

My mate has the KW V3s on his car and the ride quality is bone shaking on anything other than a smooth road.  Ive driven a fair few cars now with the KWs and i think they are a bit crashy tbh, was considering them temporarily.  Ive been talking myself into and out of fitting coilovers again as on the last car i removed them when i returned to the UK because it was so crashy.  However i had APRs Golf R demo car for a while last month which was running AST adjustable coilovers, and the ride quality was unlike any coilover kit ive tried.  Handled like a dream as well and was smnoother than the stock fabia setup!!.So ive asked them to make me a set, and ill get them to give me a dry and wet setting so i can adjust it for trackdaysthe Bilsteion B16s are also very good. That said if your not after a coilover, i think the B12 Bilstein kits are fantastic.

• Like 1

These were the basic v1 street comfort kit and i found it more comfortable as it didnt roll around so much it was by no means luxurious and over big bumps it was very stiff but miles better than any other kit ive driven for balance.

My weitecs handle the same but are crashy over rough surfaces in my eyes having said that the kws were on a polo 6r and the weitecs are on my fabia so may not be a 100% fair comparison

Who's doing the adjustments ?

Getting the fitted at the vw dealer my dad works for so the guys doing it quite cheap and il get him to plug in the vcds and see what he can fiddle about with. The stupid single door unlock things getting changed aswell

Getting the fitted at the vw dealer my dad works for so the guys doing it quite cheap and il get him to plug in the vcds and see what he can fiddle about with. The stupid single door unlock things getting changed aswell

Nice one mate, exactly what I want.

Thanks for the comments on the post guys :) would love it if a mod could make it a sticky so people can find it easier!

Added a few more updated pics to the first post, will add further once more become available :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Ive lowered mine around 70mm at the minute whilst my summer wheels are on and theres still loads of room before the roll bar will hit anything.

Also im not sure if all coilovers have them but my weitecs and kws have brackets that extend upward to near what standard height would be

70mm !!! Christ.

Ive asked VWR to leave me 2 fingers above each wheel for clearance, any lower and ill ground out on the humps leading up to my house. Also getting them to set it up so i have a pre-set dry and wet track setting for the dampers and a road setup.

Ive lowered mine around 70mm at the minute whilst my summer wheels are on and theres still loads of room before the roll bar will hit anything.

Also im not sure if all coilovers have them but my weitecs and kws have brackets that extend upward to near what standard height would be

70mm?!

Hmmm, I've just lowered mine 55/40 springs and shocks and it's knocking.... mechanic said I just need new arm bushes...but I'm not sure!

i think that looks far to low. I think as soon as you lower the car so wheels are basically in the arches it shouts 'LOOK AT ME'. If you leave a 1 or 2 finger gap between the wheel and arch it looks purposeful but doesnt shout out at everyone that its on lowered suspension. Just blends in and looks just as it should have from the factory. I like the drops you guys on the H&Rs and Eibachs are running. Perfect