Warm Weather = Better MPG Figures!

It really does seem that as the weather warms the air temperature the MPG fiures on my car just keep getting better and better.

Today on my way home from work on a 15 mile run on 'A' roads at a steady 45-55 mph in a smooth flowing traffic line it showed 45.4mpg!!!

Outstanding I say. (I know some will think... 'boring' speeds... but still, not bad for a powerful car on a daily commute).

Well done the sun :sun:

post-79498-0-99932500-1332454928_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yeh ive gone from low 40's to mid and even high 40's, loving it, but diesels just gone up a couple of pence which i didnt forecast grrr......

Damned fuel price rises all the time and, having been a diesel owner over many years previously, I pity those owners now, especially with large tanks costing over £100 to fill !! Where will this end man?

Don't forget that part of that good fuel economy is the fact that the warmer weather means that the engine warms up quicker so it doesn't run rich for as long, when you first start up.

Have you ever noticed your engine seems to pull really well when it's raining, the air is thicker so better compression. :rain::)

• Like 1

Damned fuel price rises all the time and, having been a diesel owner over many years previously, I pity those owners now, especially with large tanks costing over £100 to fill !! Where will this end man?

Filled up my Audi yesterday, total cost £110 of Tescos standard 95 ron unleaded. For my money I will get just over 400 miles before having to do it all over again, so that will be late April or early May before I need to go back.

Have you ever noticed your engine seems to pull really well when it's raining, the air is thicker so better compression. :rain::)

Denser & cooler; natures very own inter cooler!!!

(it's the same for when I'm running, I turn in better times on a cold,damp day!!)

• Like 1

Filled up my Audi yesterday, total cost £110 of Tescos standard 95 ron unleaded. For my money I will get just over 400 miles before having to do it all over again, so that will be late April or early May before I need to go back.

My 5 series was that price to fill with diesel, killed me everytime i went to the pump as the wife was doing a lot of miles for her work, still it got 600 miles to a tank going to and from Portsmouth a few years back.

Flippin 'eck !! The fun level must be worth it!

Flippin 'eck !! The fun level must be worth it!

Have you seen the s/h price of something like a VXR8 supercharged? Even with that much fun it's crippling... I was getting between 180 and 250 miles on a full tank costing £85 to fill

Fill Nelly up, just under £80, 700 miles on a tank. :) 8 days of to and from work too.

• Like 1

Have you seen the s/h price of something like a VXR8 supercharged? Even with that much fun it's crippling... I was getting between 180 and 250 miles on a full tank costing £85 to fill

B....dy hell. that's a 'leach' of a car! No quality of life there!

We've just sold a Jaguar XKR, and that was equally brutal on the wallet!!! (but impeccably mannered with it!)

A 'rolling (full-bore) start', in 'Sport', & foot firmly in the Wilton often saw 2MPG registering!!!!!!!

Mindst you, with the book figure of 30 - 70MPH (in 'Sport') coming up in under 5 seconds, you didn't spend much time on the wrong side of the road!, and yes it was very quick in that respect.

So it was a very safe car!!!!

• Like 1

It's still returning 44 mpg today and similar all week. Well done the sun indeed!!

I now promise not to speak about mpg again and just enjoy the car. Maybe even put my foot down a bit more eh?