mk 7 Golf GTi - 217bhp

suppose it should have more but put a remap on it and probably be running around 260bhp

If it's the same tsi engine as current gti and vrs it will remap to about 250 - 255bhp so not really moving things on is it? The above will all remap to nearly 300bhp.

suppose it should have more but put a remap on it and probably be running around 260bhp

Ye are mad for remapping cars in the uk, there still not actually that much fast afterwords so I don't understand why.

Put an actual 130bhp golf beside a 110 mapped to say 140 and the factory 130 is still faster.

Ye are mad for remapping cars in the uk, there still not actually that much fast afterwords so I don't understand why.

Put an actual 130bhp golf beside a 110 mapped to say 140 and the factory 130 is still faster.

You don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid, the difference is like night and day. A stage 1 on a tsi vrs will mean you can destroy focus st's, astra vxr's, and seriously hassle S4's. A standard vRS won't do that, not even close.

You're mad for believing the contrary.

I have to comment as a 250 rs megane owner, soon to be replaced by a vrs

My 250 is a rocket, I have to say that there was a big fuss about 0 60 times, and I have to agree

I would love, not argumentative, but to see a re map vrs against a rs megane

Put a mapped vRS against a non mapped vRS and the mapped is faster. Put a mapped 1.8tsi against a standard vRS and it will be at least as quick if not quicker. Similarily my mapped PD140 was as quick as a standard PD170.

Maybe you should do some research or find a better mapper :giggle:

Still say the Vrs and golf gti are slow compared to the ST and VXR its time to step up to the plate, the new Astra VXR is going to be cracking.

Maybe slightly slower but a damn sight better in quality, build and ride comfort. :p

Luv ewe xxxx ;)

• Like 1

You don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid, the difference is like night and day. A stage 1 on a tsi vrs will mean you can destroy focus st's, astra vxr's, and seriously hassle S4's. A standard vRS won't do that, not even close.

Don't know what I'm talking about,iv had more sports cars than hot dinners and am a mechanic for the last 12 year s!

I'm basically saying that tuners tend to give u false figures in Ireland.

I think ye are missing my point,take a 140 octavia mapped to 170 and put it beside a 170 vrs,what's going to be quicker or have more torque?

Edited by Davidsr20

Don't know what I'm talking about,iv had more sports cars than hot dinners and am a mechanic for the last 12 year s!

I'm basically saying that tuners tend to give u false figures in Ireland.

I think ye are missing my point,take a 140 octavia mapped to 170 and put it beside a 170 vrs,what's going to be quicker or have more torque?

You haven't really made a point and are really just showing that you don't know very much about tuning cars.

My mate's remapped 140bhp golf was quicker than my last cr vrs 170 when standard and they were similar when I ran stage 1.

Edited by Guest

Why we are on the subject about re map

How much faster is a mapped vrs, 0 60?

I have looked and a blue fin is £500?

No idea really but 0 to 60 is meaningless. For that money go Revo.

217bhp and around 200kg lighter thanks to new platform.

It's not all about figures

don't remember reading that but 200kg is a massive amount to lose, can't see it myself.

217bhp and around 200kg lighter thanks to new platform.

It's not all about figures

200kg! What on earth have they done to loose that amount?

You haven't really made a point and are really just showing that you don't know very much about tuning cars.

My mate's remapped 140bhp golf was quicker than my last cr vrs 170 when standard and they were similar when I ran stage 1.

I'm new to tuning diesels to be honest but I'm talking from driving mates cars that were remapped.

As for not know much about tuning cars ur very wrong there,iv had skylines,silvias,mr2s and so on!

I think the fact of having a higher degree in mechanics and vehical testing might help too mate ;)

I'm new to tuning diesels to be honest but I'm talking from driving mates cars that were remapped.

As for not know much about tuning cars ur very wrong there,iv had skylines,silvias,mr2s and so on!

I think the fact of having a higher degree in mechanics and vehical testing might help too mate ;)

Owning fast cars and being a mechanic doesn't make you an expert in tuning. Your comments undermine your credability.

Might be a bit wrong there however. It will be around same weight as a 1997 mk4 golf. But i reckon it will be less

I would love that to be true but cars just seem to get bigger and heavier

Owning fast cars and being a mechanic doesn't make you an expert in tuning. Your comments undermine your credability.

I never said I was an expert tuner and yes being a mechanic might help!

Is there anything else u want to get of ur chest while ur on a roll?

I was simply comparing tuning companys in Ireland can be a bit of a joke that's it!

Rant over :)

Anyway u were saying about the 140 golf mapped,was it impressive compared to ur vrs?