What's in your boot ?

jonny boy

What the hell, that is a right mess - you should be ashamed of yourself! That looks like the boot of the ex's old Volvo 340, that was just stuff stuffed full of cr@p!

Brilliant :giggle:

it's seriously been tidied - used to also have a set of ramps, a trolley jack and a wheel with a flat tyre (but not in the spare wheel well??) in there :S

Aside from the tools supplied with the car:

a full size winter tyre on a 16" rim in a bag mounted vertically

torque wrench

compressor

Tow rope & shackles

Fluorescent jacket

Jessops been bag

2l Bottle of water

VAG screenwash

Jump leads

Measuring wheel

Waterproof clipboard

BlackVue DR400HD (stuck to back window)

Autoglym window cleaner

Kitchen towel

Towbar

Shopping bags

2 small bottles of Pepsi max

Rainx

Rohan Shoe polisher

And other stuff as well that I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate's little brother was mouthing off today and Peter decided to be the responsible adult and lock the kid in my boot. He said that the boot of my Skoda would be worse punishment than his Audi S8. Well, it did shut him up in less than two minutes. Might have to try that more often. He's a cheeky little bugger, I tell ya. :rofl:

Box of stamps, jerry can of fuel, and a big box of pasties..... Don't panic!

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

Safe for a few weeks then - post us a pasty when you can!!

First Aid Kit,

Florescent Jacket

Safety Harness,

2X Boxes Cat5e.

EID Reader

Various tools

Test Equipment.

6pack of Mineral Water

Blanket

WickedLaser Torch

Boots

12v-240 converter

Emergency dolly/sports mixture and Kendal Mint cake. :thumbup:

Where did you get tne boot organiser from ? Is it any good ?

eBay. Comes from China.

Is it any good ? Look at the first post. That lot has gone somewhere. It's ace !

Apart from the norm skoda kit:

Extendable wheel brace

3 x torches

First aid kit

High viz

Umbrella

Blanket

Compressor

Caylume snap sticks

Screen wash

Bottle of water

Touch up paint

Various CDs and tapes.

All in a boot tidy bag or in the void next to the spare wheel.

Oh nooo decisions decisions. Shame you cant see the inside of that one

In all honesty, for the money, I'd have gone for this one. Looks really nice quality.

First Aid Kit,

Florescent Jacket

Safety Harness,

2X Boxes Cat5e.

EID Reader

Various tools

Test Equipment.

6pack of Mineral Water

Blanket

WickedLaser Torch

Boots

12v-240 converter

Emergency dolly/sports mixture and Kendal Mint cake.

Emergency dolly!

Of the inflatable kind?? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two worn-out Console Bushes, Two worn-out ARB bushes (And brackets) and an auxillary belt with micro cracks, all in a nice new Quantum bag put there by the dealer after he had removed them and replaced with new.

Pics to follow (As bellow):-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54474784@N05/6922900756/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54474784@N05/7068982887/in/photostream

As will a nice letter to Wolfsburg, Skoda GB and the Department of Transport enquiring whether VAG group are going backwards and why there hasn't been a recalll of aeffected vehicles - my Volkswagen Golf "N" model of 1981 vintage went on to 75,000 miles without requiring the replacement of any bushes

So far with the 100BHP petorol Fabia, i've had two sets of ARB bushes, one at 18,500 (under warranty) together with a new ARB and a second set of ARB bushes at 54,500 together with new console bushes. Not acceptable.

Skoda "Customer Service" declined to make any contribution to the cost of repair this time round.They instead relied on the fact the warranty cover for first time repair of the ARB in 2006 (18,500 miles) was outside the normal 2 year warranty period which applies to warranty repairs. That's despite the fact that the vehicle has only done 36,000 since the first repair of the ARB.

The improvement in the handling that's occurred since the console bushes were replaced is marked - prior to this the car had a tendency to wander in lane and this was most noticeable at speed on Motorways - requiring constant steering input. Cross winds were a nightmare.

Thinking back the steering wander started to manifest itself at about 20,000 i.e. the same time as the first ARB repair. But mraculously, the vehicle got past the MOT as part of the main dealer annual service each year since then.

This issue alone is IMHO worthy of a recall and when combined with my experience with the ARBs should have prompted any reasonable Customer Service Department to consider making a "Good will" offer.

And what's more this nice little present ( I left the dealers £500 ligther in the loafers) occurs just two months into my early retirement. This will be remembered att the time of my next car purchase.

Nick..

Edited by Clunkclick

The Bloody Wife if she carrys on, If I get stopped and they check the Boot I did not post here. She was not there Yesterday when I put my Works Hammer in covered in Red Paint.