Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

Because I am a.) Bored on a Bank Holiday and b.) a fussy anal git I decided that today would be the day I'd change the "Skoda" emblems on my vRS.

I don't like the new style badging on the older cars (personal preference and all that...) so I ordered a pair of emblems from TPS, took about 3 weeks to come as they were on back order. Same part numbers for the front and rear emblem.

The old original ones were delaminating and looked generally grotty,

IMG_7766_zpsc875e0d7.jpg

IMG_7767_zpsb963e752.jpg

Removing the rear badge left a tiny bit of glue behind, soon dealt with a hit of Tardis, then G101'd the dirt off

IMG_7768_zps574ac7ac.jpg

The lower area of the badge and just underneath had got some light scratches on so I broke out the wet sanding stuff and wet sanded the whole area, then machine polished it up with 3M compounds.

New badge just drops into the locating holes and looks 100% better. Gave the tailgate a good waxing then a coat of wet glaze 2.0 sealant.

IMG_7769_zps8f5c5bcd.jpg

Et Voila!!

IMG_7770_zps1ebb86f2.jpg

IMG_7771_zpsa1462ccd.jpg

I also did the front badge as well but you're probably bored enough by now....

Matt

• Like 4

Nice you old buffty tart :)

You really need a work thread on your car,knowing your quality of bodging ;)

For anyone that liked Matt's steering wheel and gearknob I've seen them in the flesh and the pics don't do them justice  B)

I had a feel of the steering wheel, but as much as Matt tried to force my hand onto his knob I managed to not touch it............

• Like 1

IMG_7771_zpsa1462ccd.jpg

Good lad i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that really prefers the old style badge over that new "style" one.! Last week i renewed mine through warranty .

014_zps1069e6a4.jpg

015_zpsf3ae51e2.jpg

• Like 2

esy5yheq.jpg

So this is our work van. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For real .....I wish i was a white van man, that wagon is as cool as fek.! Any chance of more pics ?

Good lad i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that really prefers the old style badge over that new "style" one.! Last week i renewed mine through warranty .

I had the same lengthy discussion with a good mate of mine who's got a working class concours Golf Mk2 G60, I think the new style badging just looks out of place on the Mk1 Fabia.

Each to their own though!

• Like 1

Washed car yesterday and found a nice dent In the roof :(

6E88C944-CE8D-4F14-84F1-435CA306AE5F_zps

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet!

That's strange - it's EXACTLY the same dent in the roof I got last week. And the same spot - really strange? What did that?

Oh dear, I am going to have to replace the badges on my car now ;)

Me too. The green bits on my badges have gone blue. Haha

I had the same lengthy discussion with a good mate of mine who's got a working class concours Golf Mk2 G60, I think the new style badging just looks out of place on the Mk1 Fabia.

Each to their own though!

I think the new style badges suit the black magic better than any other colour for sure

That's strange - it's EXACTLY the same dent in the roof I got last week. And the same spot - really strange? What did that?

I don't know mate I really don't I was in Dublin on the weekend and came back it was there ...

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet!