Which colour VRS diesel will sell best?

Hello,

I'm looking to buy an 11 plate VRS diesel. I'm looking at silver, black or white. Is any of these a no no when looking to sell on eventually? I currently have a 07 VRS petrol in blue, so am looking for a change of colour.

Thanks in advance.

If they are your only choices i would personally go for white of all colours, i would of never thought that it would work on a vrs but having seen a few it works very well.

Regards

• Like 1

Not silver (my Octavia is silver and I like it, but it's not a Vrs) and I don't like the blue just because there are too many out there.

I'd go for black, but wouldn't say 'no' to a white one.

As for selling them on, I don't think that any of the choices are going to stop the car from being sold or reduce it's asking price - it will just make ot appealing to more people if you have a sensible colour choice (not silver on a Vrs).

Why are you worrying about selling a car that you haven't even bought yet?

Just buy which car you like and enjoy it, worry about selling it at a later stage!!

As Mark said, don't worry overly about the resale before you've even got it!

I imagine that the only colours would be more difficult to sell would be the yellow (though I saw one this week and really quite liked it), red (doesn't work on the VRs for me) and possibly the white (a fashion colour?)

My VRs is black and it looks really good IMHO especially when it's clean. On that note, it is a right pain in the posterior to keep clean! I'm not really a fan of the silver - it really doesn't show the car off to it's best. So, black it is for me, followed by white.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Mark_eire not worried, just interested in people's thoughts .............

KBPhoto - could you elaborate on why not silver for a VRS? Is it too subtle a colour for the VRS?

From those choices I would pick the white then black the white suits it so well. Black is stunning but unless your into very good cleaning practices with regards to micro scratches it could look a state after a while, white hides that a lot more and to me it looks better in the VRS anyway. Have you considered the anthracite its a very good colour too!

As a household with a white VRS I can provide the reality check that its a total PITA to keep it looking good. I may be a little obsessive about cleaning but that thing is a nightmare. Admittedly it looks great freshly buffed but the minute it moves I can forget all my hard work. Can you imagine what a white car is going to look like in bug season!!!

A freind has a black VRS and for me the colour absorbs the design lines of the car. Having owned black cars in the past they fall into the same cleaning catagory as the white and show every last speck.

When I set out looking for my VRS there was only one colour even worthy of consideration as the epitomy of the VRS... Yep, race blue for the win!

(with a confession that the latest anthracite grey looks the dogs danglies too!)

• Like 2

Either

DSCF0471.jpg

or

DSCF0367.jpg

would be my choice. I'd also seriously consider the silver or anthracite.

Edited by Paul007

As a household with a white VRS I can provide the reality check that its a total PITA to keep it looking good. I may be a little obsessive about cleaning but that thing is a nightmare. Admittedly it looks great freshly buffed but the minute it moves I can forget all my hard work. Can you imagine what a white car is going to look like in bug season!!!

A freind has a black VRS and for me the colour absorbs the design lines of the car. Having owned black cars in the past they fall into the same cleaning catagory as the white and show every last speck.

When I set out looking for my VRS there was only one colour even worthy of consideration as the epitomy of the VRS... Yep, race blue for the win!

(with a confession that the latest anthracite grey looks the dogs danglies too!)

I've got one on order v excited!

KBPhoto - could you elaborate on why not silver for a VRS? Is it too subtle a colour for the VRS?

It's only my opinion remember - but I I think that silver always reminds me of a company reps car, which rather devalues the Vrs status in my mind.

It does look good on a family estate (I have one), but I don't think that it really suits the Vrs.

I know you are looking at a 2011 car, but the Rallye Green is really nice, but I can see that becoming the Vrs colour of choice pretty soon and being as common as the blue ones. Don't get me wrong anyone, I like the blue, but it seems to be that the majority or Vrs's are that colour.

I agree with the comments about keeping black and white car clean (I've had both in the past) though. I think a dark grey / anthracite would be a great colour to have, but don't even know if Skoda did that colour in 2011.

Mine's black which looks great when clean.

I also think that any of the silver, blue or white suit the vRS well, as long as they've got the sunset glass and as many options as you can afford to make you happy and it desirable when selling on.

post-79498-0-02127800-1333813850_thumb.jpg

buy a siver one, they will be the most rare colour on a vrs going by the posts on here, so in turn will stand out come selling time. But at the end of the day buy the colour you like most.

That's the problem with colour related questions on forums, it's like asking who you voted for - however you answer it'll generate pages and pages of debate with the question never really getting answered!

To own a vRS is a privilage, to be in a position to buy one makes you a lucky guy. Forget the resale potential and spec the colour the wife you most prefer.

• Like 1