1.2Tsi recalls ..anything I should know?

kibby

If I have it right there appears to be lots of reports of petrol injector and turbo recalls as well as software updates and others I have missed.

Haven't heard anything from the dealer (our is a 1.2Tsi DSG Sept 2010 60 plate Yeti with

no problems other than white worm in second replaced badge) but soon going on an

extended trip so concerned to get any potential problems fixed beforehand.

Should I chase dealer up or are they only contacting affected cars rather than a general recall?

Not a lot of confidence in dealer so far. Reliability issues starting to be a concern for the longer

non warranty period although some way off.

Advice/experience appreciated.

Reading the various threads on here I don't think there is actually a recall on the 1.2. It appears from most peoples comments that the various items have been dealt with when the car has been in for something like a service. It is more a service bulletin.

It looks like the only actual "re-call" so far has been on a very few 170bhp diesels, and even that wasn't a full VOSA recall. Their web site show NO Yeti matters.

I believe the 1.2 has a recall on the turbo, which involves putting a shim on the turbo. There has also been a recall on the electric steering ecu , which involves a download (48j8). This is only subject to a certain batch of cars tho.....

Edited by fireblade

I bought my used Yeti 1.2 TSi on the 23rd March and when I was about to leave the garage asked me to bring it back in for a recall to the Turbo and Rear Skoda badge, took it back in on the following tuesday and they did it in and hour.

Asked the dealer about any recalls and yes there is 2.

Turbo modification (we do it when we do services or get it in was the response implying

not urgent??). Hard luck if it lets you down before that!!

Front and rear badges.

Why do I have to chase them up!!

My Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is due for it's 2 year service tomorrow, and the dealer just phoned to say they will need the car a bit longer to deal with a recall on the turbo.

While they're at it, have there been any software/firmware/ECU updates over the last 2 years that I should ask them to apply. I seem to remember there being an update for the DSG automatic gearbox, or did I just imagine that?

DSG ECU update and steering controls update done to a 1.2tsi DSG 2011 model year.

Vague info given as smoother pulling away (less snatch) and to prevent failure of steering wheel controls.

Also a Bolero firmware update not sure what for.

Edited by kibby

I have a 1.2 Octavia which had the recall/modification done yesterday. As far as I know its to do with getting a smoother get away and less snatch especially with the DSG. So far so good, does seem better in that respect.

Are 1.2 Tsi DSG's subject to a petrol injector and a powered steering control recall/service bulletin as they have been mentioned on this forum but my dealer is not aware of them? Not to be confused with a steering wheel controls update which my car has had.

It appears if dealers check the 'factory system' it often comes up with items not on the standard dealers

diagnostic enquiry system which to me seems illogical and leads to confusion. Sorry for any lack of

clarity as I am not up to speed with dealer systems.

Edited by kibby

I wonder if anyone else other than My_Yeti has noticed that the turbo shim reduces turbo lag. I must admit I find the turbo lag a bit unsettling if you suddenly have to accelerate in 2nd gear to overtake or get out of someone's way on a roundabout.

Hi

My May 2011 1.2 Tsi SE DSG is due a first service shortly.  As I live on an Island with no official Skoda dealer [former dealer appears to be acting as a "sub-agent" for Alex Lawrie, Liverpool] I contacted Alex Lawrie today to find out what "recalls", if any, were due on my vehicle.  Have been informed about the rear badge and turbo shim.  At first they informed me that both could be carried out on the Island but now I have had another e-nail from them saying Turbo shim needs a software update as well which can only be carried out at an official dealer with a computer connection to the factory.

As I won't be in the UK with the car for some time can anyone tell me:

[a] Is the turbo shim a vital update, or can it just be done next time I am able to get to an official dealer

How long does the "procedure" take, as obviously I would be "somewhat stranded" in the UK without a vehicle, if it was for any length of time

Cheers

Manxman

White marks under the plastic coating of the badge...that look a bit like white worms crawling in from the edge. My dealer calls it de-lamination. Presumably caused by dampness creeping under the edge of the badge. Supposed to be an automatic recall whenever the car next goes in to the dealer.

Hi

My May 2011 1.2 Tsi SE DSG is due a first service shortly. As I live on an Island with no official Skoda dealer [former dealer appears to be acting as a "sub-agent" for Alex Lawrie, Liverpool] I contacted Alex Lawrie today to find out what "recalls", if any, were due on my vehicle. Have been informed about the rear badge and turbo shim. At first they informed me that both could be carried out on the Island but now I have had another e-nail from them saying Turbo shim needs a software update as well which can only be carried out at an official dealer with a computer connection to the factory.

As I won't be in the UK with the car for some time can anyone tell me:

[a] Is the turbo shim a vital update, or can it just be done next time I am able to get to an official dealer

How long does the "procedure" take, as obviously I would be "somewhat stranded" in the UK without a vehicle, if it was for any length of time

Cheers

Manxman

I think the recall is only done when the car goes in for a service (like mine), they are not yet notifying owners directly, so I would thought it is not urgent.

It took about 2 hours overall for all the work.

White marks under the plastic coating of the badge...that look a bit like white worms crawling in from the edge. My dealer calls it de-lamination. Presumably caused by dampness creeping under the edge of the badge. Supposed to be an automatic recall whenever the car next goes in to the dealer.
thank you

I think the recall is only done when the car goes in for a service (like mine), they are not yet notifying owners directly, so I would thought it is not urgent.

It took about 2 hours overall for all the work.

Thanks for this info......will have to take a shopping trip to Liverpool in the not too distant future!!!

Re "White Worm". I saw an "R" plate Felica yesterday and both badges looked original and unblemished. What have Skoda done since then to make the badges so susceptible to this problem?

Fred

Changed supplier. They have had this problem for a few years now. My last few octavias have had this.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2