revo stage 2 :)

im really tempted to go stage two but do i need a new intercooler and a tbe? 'cause a fairly expensive remap for me will end up costing a lot more of the 'cooler and tbe are needed.

or wait for the new turbo issues to be sorted

I've been telling everyone this for ages. Stock cars are SLOW. This engine its great when mapped and just as economic.

Faster and more efficient. No brainer imo

But this is all relative. A Lamborghini is slow to a Saturn V rocket. So far I haven't got to a point yet where I think I need more power on a public road. I drive fast but I'm not silly with it.

I'm thinking about a map in a few years but no need yet, I'll let you lot finish working out who the best tuner is first.

But this is all relative. A Lamborghini is slow to a Saturn V rocket. So far I haven't got to a point yet where I think I need more power on a public road. I drive fast but I'm not silly with it.

I'm thinking about a map in a few years but no need yet, I'll let you lot finish working out who the best tuner is first.

I agree.

The stock car is in no way slow for my like. If you mean that you'd like to know you are faster than almost everything else you see out on the road then yes, I agree that it will be faster than maybe 60% - 70% of the cars (always depending on where you live at) but you'll certainly see faster cars on a usual day driving by.

If you mean that you really need more power then I can only see it reasonable If we are talking track days. Otherwise where the h%&* can you/we enjoy our cars without being a danger for everybody else? As I've said in the past, it's almost frustrating realizing that you can only rarely exploit the car's power If you want to be as "sensible" as possible at the same time. Yes, I drive through a big round-about in to a large highway every day and that is probably the only point that I can floor it and feel good about it, but then I reach 100 mph (which is already above limits) and I feel I have to let go as anyway I will shortly find someone doing 50 on the left lane and will have to brake.

The other possibility is to take the car to some country roads on the weekend and I've done that a few times but with work and all, you 'd like to do some other stuff as well in your free time so again, you can't be setting out for this every Sunday. I imagine the situation would be a lot worse If I lived in a purely urban area as I did a few years ago.

So given the fact I am not really into spending the weekends on track, I ended up thinking that If was to go down the power increase road, meaning remap + other power mods, that would mainly boost my ego and confidence about having a damn fast car, (which is important in its own way) but not much room to enjoy it. Therefore since I am still feeling ok with myself I am yet postponing it for some time in the future. Now handling improvements I see that as something different because you can feel and appreciate a nice, sporty behaviour far more easily and even in your everyday drive without being extreme.

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

The main reason I bought my mk2 vrs was to have a nippy car and make it quicker. But as its only got a few miles on it still I'm holding out to give it a good running in (new gearbox and mechatronics at ~ 900miles) let the problems get out first and know the engines running fine before proper fiddling with it that's my new plan. I can't see the engine being more economical though I just can't. I'd need hard evidence before believing that....

The main reason I bought my mk2 vrs was to have a nippy car and make it quicker. But as its only got a few miles on it still I'm holding out to give it a good running in (new gearbox and mechatronics at ~ 900miles) let the problems get out first and know the engines running fine before proper fiddling with it that's my new plan. I can't see the engine being more economical though I just can't. I'd need hard evidence before believing that....

Mine's stage 1+ (TMC Box and ITG Filter) and achieved the below driving normally from town to town with no roads above 40 MPH on a 6 mile journey :

20120227_130114.jpg

Edited by VRS-Powered

Surely the on board computer can't be correct when remapped or has a tuning box before it? Where does it get the figures from?

Why wouldn't it get correct info? it just collects info from all sensors, remap or not they are still there feeding the ecu and the ecu just provides the info.

It might be providing with info, but it's corrupted tho.

A friend off mine got a mk1 fab vrs and it said something like 2 liters per 100 km...

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2