What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

In no particular order, Merc drivers, Audi drivers, BMW drivers, old aged drivers. People having the inability to move a hand a few centimeters to use their indicators, people who cannot go round a roundabout ( the dividing lines are their for a reason).

N.b obviously not all the above makes are driven by selfish ignorant self important individuals, just seemed like it today

In no particular order, Merc drivers, Audi drivers, BMW drivers, old aged drivers. People having the inability to move a hand a few centimeters to use their indicators, people who cannot go round a roundabout ( the dividing lines are their for a reason).

N.b obviously not all the above makes are driven by selfish ignorant self important individuals, just seemed like it today

Does somebody need a......big-hug-smiley-face.gif

• Like 1

Much quieter roads due to half term meaning the rest of the year is spent fighting lazy pupils and parents clogging the roads unnecessarily. I live in a city with many many buses, trains and you can even cycle. Fine if you live in the country and you have 20 miles to school down country lanes but this is a city. Stop driving your idle kids to school. 

• Like 3

The girl walking on the pavement with the mighty fine ass. I was in a queue of traffic so kept pace with her. When the traffic cleared and I pulled ahead it turns out she had a face like a warthog. 

true-story-troll-smiley-emoticon.jpg                                                         ass-smiley-emoticon.gif

The twonk in a white Skoda Superb estate who I waved out of a side road while in traffic.  He came out of the side road, proceeded straight to the outside lane of the dual carriageway we were on for no apparent reason, drove slower than all the traffic in the nearside lane  :wonder:  and just to ice the cake nicely, turned left at the end of said dual carriageway.  Pillock  :@

Gaz

This thread along with an outstanding fraudulent whiplash claim, constant battle with drivers that shouldn't be allowed to push prams and trolleys let alone vehicles makes me feel like if you can't beat em, join em..... Now how do you drive like a moron? Oh yeah there's plenty of hints here. ; )

Edited by Andy ap

Joining a quiet dual carriageway, woman in pug estate cruised up the inside lane blocking me in and I had to brake to join the carriageway.

I'm aware I don't have right of way but the road was quiet and it would have been common courtesy for most drivers to move over and let the traffic merge from the slip lane smoothly.

It annoyed me.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

I have a Y reg Peugeot I catch up to every morning and pass where safe to. This happens most mornings and has gone on for weeks. Depending on where I am on the road I either see it's clear from a mile back so fly past or I catch up, wait until it's safe and pass. This week however when he sees me coming he wanders over the white line to put me off the overtake. I could understand if he was stopping me because he'd seen a hazard I hadn't seen but I only do overtakes like this if I can see is perfectly clear with no junctions. If I sit behind him then attempt to pull out he does the same again. The road is plenty wide enough but I have no idea why he thinking making an overtake dangerous is of any advantage to him.

I have a Y reg Peugeot I catch up to every morning and pass where safe to. This happens most mornings and has gone on for weeks. Depending on where I am on the road I either see it's clear from a mile back so fly past or I catch up, wait until it's safe and pass. This week however when he sees me coming he wanders over the white line to put me off the overtake. I could understand if he was stopping me because he'd seen a hazard I hadn't seen but I only do overtakes like this if I can see is perfectly clear with no junctions. If I sit behind him then attempt to pull out he does the same again. The road is plenty wide enough but I have no idea why he thinking making an overtake dangerous is of any advantage to him.

dash cam and Police 

• Like 1

Much the same on the way back from Bridgnorth to Ludlow yesterday, followed a roadworks truck with a Peugeot 3008 behind it for miles, he just would not overtake when clear, in a 60 zone with the truck was not exceeding 40mph.

In no rush, travelling with my Parents and 5yo on a trip out, I finally decided enough was enough and when clear overtook the both of them-or I would have done if the daft pensioner had not drifted out to overtake whilst I was alongside him with my headlights on-I braked and beeped and he drifted back in again making gestures and I pulled in behind him again.

Another couple of easy passes missed later, I assumed he'd given up on overtaking so waited and pulled out, lights on, to pass again.  This time he was watching me and deliberately tried to pull out as I was mirror to mirror so I carried on with hand on horn with him acting like a gorilla on acid, overtook both and pulled in, in front of the truck and resumed my 55mph cruise with the family.  He then did a hugely dangerous overtake to catch up and followed me for miles inches off the bumper gesturing and flashing.

If I can overtake him and the truck in absolute safety in a slow 1.6 people carrier whilst carrying my Parents and kids, why is he getting wound up when he had every chance to overtake many times in his more powerful car?  What is wrong with people?  I could understand if I was being crazy, but all I was doing was making 55mph progress along a main road, using road positioning and sight lines to safely overtake.

Unfortunately, my dash cam is awaiting fitment in the new Zafira, damn it.  It would have made a great post on here  :@

• Like 3

The 1.2 Corsa that I've been given whilst the vRS is in the shop being repaired after a rear ending :(

Put my foot down, make a brew, read a book and watch a film before it starts to have any power..

Seriously - my mothers Suzuki Alto is faster...

I recall building a go-karts from pram wheels and timber as a child, which were faster..

To make matters worse - I thought I'd be getting the vRS back today - it won't be back until Tuesday now  :'(

• Like 2

I feel your pain. This afternoon, on my way to the dealers, I was stuck behind a couple of cars doing 40 on an open NSL stretch and knew the courtesy Rapid had no chance of getting up enough speed in time to overtake safely. Even more annoyed when I reviewed the drivecam footage after collecting my Yeti a little later on, to find it had been parked, finished, in VW's compound since Tuesday afternoon.

At least with the 1.2 TDI Greenline Roomster I had a fortnight ago I knew overtaking would be a rare opportunity (though I did manage it once). It was a nicer place to be than the Rapid - I think I've been spoiled by the Yeti...

I feel your pain. This afternoon, on my way to the dealers, I was stuck behind a couple of cars doing 40 on an open NSL stretch and knew the courtesy Rapid had no chance of getting up enough speed in time to overtake safely. Even more annoyed when I reviewed the drivecam footage after collecting my Yeti a little later on, to find it had been parked, finished, in VW's compound since Tuesday afternoon.

At least with the 1.2 TDI Greenline Roomster I had a fortnight ago I knew overtaking would be a rare opportunity (though I did manage it once). It was a nicer place to be than the Rapid - I think I've been spoiled by the Yeti...

Thanks - I'll be reviewing the in car footage on Tuesday to see when they completed work :)

Van driver today phone in one hand, cigarette in the other (holding the wheel) turned looking at his mate whilst driving.

Why is using a phone when driving still socially acceptable by lots of idiots, particularly those who rely on having a licence for their jobs?

Van driver today phone in one hand, cigarette in the other (holding the wheel) turned looking at his mate whilst driving.

Why is using a phone when driving still socially acceptable by lots of idiots, particularly those who rely on having a licence for their jobs?

Because speed cameras and more speed cameras are not the answer!

Because you cant base statistics on it. There is a record of how many people cant use a phone and drive at the same time (accidents) but there is not record of how many are perfectly capable of driving while talking on a phone. Because they aren't the ones that get into accidents.

Until they can prove that being on the phone, as opposed to driving with one hand (which I do 99% of the time) and talking to a passenger, is more dangerous, I call bull****.

That said, Sweden does not have a mobile phone ban. So I'm not breaking any laws. Though to be honest, I know I can safely drive a car (only auto though) while on a phone, so I probably wouldn't give a damn either way.

• Like 1

Because you cant base statistics on it. There is a record of how many people cant use a phone and drive at the same time (accidents) but there is not record of how many are perfectly capable of driving while talking on a phone. Because they aren't the ones that get into accidents.

Until they can prove that being on the phone, as opposed to driving with one hand (which I do 99% of the time) and talking to a passenger, is more dangerous, I call bull****.

That said, Sweden does not have a mobile phone ban. So I'm not breaking any laws. Though to be honest, I know I can safely drive a car (only auto though) while on a phone, so I probably wouldn't give a damn either way.

I can't accept this based on my own experiences of seeing ****heads driving whilst on the phone and the behaviour that gives them away before even seeing the phone pressed to their ear. I'm talking about erratic side to side movements, sudden extreme slowdowns on fast roads etc. Talking on a phone is one thing, but how about the eyes-off-the-road concentration required to find and dial a number? Driving demands utmost concentration in most situations - if you have a phone pressed to your ear, how do you turn to check blind-spots before overtaking etc? Incidentally, what are your opinions on texting whilst driving?

• Like 2

I have a friend who spent 8 weeks in hospital thanks to a ****head who was too busy on the phone, instead of concentrating on driving. No excuses for drivers who in this day and age with the technology available still disregard this law. The punishment in most cases does not fit the crime