Radio volume increasing with speed

It's been driving me mad since last year, thought it was my ears playing tricks with me!

Finally got round to reading the manual and was pleased (for the sake of my sanity) to see the Gala setting mentioned.

Apparantly it increases the radio's volume with the cars speed to compensate for road/wind/engine noise etc. however I found myself constantly adjusting the volume back down.

Anyway pleased to know it wasn't me going mad and I've been able to turn this 'feature' off!

• Like 1

Lol. Mine does this too. I keep meaning to turn it down a bit (I can adjust the levels of how much it turns up by) to see if it's better as I do the same and turn it down. Think they over estimated the ammount of extra noise in the car when they programmed it!

Lol. Mine does this too. I keep meaning to turn it down a bit (I can adjust the levels of how much it turns up by) to see if it's better as I do the same and turn it down. Think they over estimated the ammount of extra noise in the car when they programmed it!

Probably calibrated it on an Octy with dodgy rear suspension geometry :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Can't get this to work on mine!

What end of the slider is max volumne to compensate for road/wind/engine noise?

This worked for a while on my 4x4 then packed up. I assumed a fault code needed clearing on the radio.

u can reduce the "sensitivity" of the speed dependant volume.

in the "tones" menu, u can adjust this.

A higher setting value results in a stronger volume increase.

• Like 1

I have mine on the Nagging setting, Wife starts and the radio automatically goes to full volume :yes:

At what point does the ejector seart kick in? ;)

Apparantly it increases the radio's volume with the cars speed to compensate for road/wind/engine noise etc. however I found myself constantly adjusting the volume back down.

Anyway pleased to know it wasn't me going mad and I've been able to turn this 'feature' off!

Unless your car makes the same level of noise at 70mph as at 0mph, it's a useful feature. You just need to find the level that is appropriate to your car (which won't be either of those at opposite ends of the scale).

I always found this a great feature on my old Passat and missed it when I had the Saab, it had a similar setting but never seemed to do anything no matter what I set it on. Very happy to have it again on the Octavia.