Yep thats kind of the thing how does it calculate HP and Torque is it any where near accurate and

Wheres boost Pressure. Is it the Vacum guage? Can't make out the smaller guages on your photo.

Yep thats kind of the thing how does it calculate HP and Torque is it any where near accurate and

Wheres boost Pressure. Is it the Vacum guage? Can't make out the smaller guages on your photo.

Not sure how it calculates it but I never have managed to get it near the 130bhp my car should have so seems more of a gimmick. Boost pressure is one of the dials at the bottom along with volts, revs, timing advance etc

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Not sure how it calculates it but I never have managed to get it near the 130bhp my car should have so seems more of a gimmick. Boost pressure is one of the dials at the bottom along with volts, revs, timing advance etc

You can change the values in the advanced settings to calibrate it to suit your cars actual output for boost so maybe this affects HP and torque also. Also it could be hp at the fly wheel not at the wheels.

You can change the values in the advanced settings to calibrate it to suit your cars actual output for boost so maybe this affects HP and torque also. Also it could be hp at the fly wheel not at the wheels.

Yer I've set the boost and that seems pretty spot on. Think I remember reading it's at the wheels.

Yer I've set the boost and that seems pretty spot on. Think I remember reading it's at the wheels.

What have you adjusted the boost to? and any suggestions at a default value I can use for the Octy VRS

What have you adjusted the boost to? and any suggestions at a default value I can use for the Octy VRS

I have boost adjusted to -14.7 in the vehicle profile, I don't know if this would be the same for an Octy 2, maybe best to ask someone else with a 2.0 CR derv. I have also just seen that the vehicle weight is used to calculate torque and BHP so its worth getting that right in the vehicle profile. Need to find me a lorry weighbridge lol.

I have boost adjusted to -14.7 in the vehicle profile, I don't know if this would be the same for an Octy 2, maybe best to ask someone else with a 2.0 CR derv. I have also just seen that the vehicle weight is used to calculate torque and BHP so its worth getting that right in the vehicle profile. Need to find me a lorry weighbridge lol.

Yes i have updated the weight for the vehicle to include me aswell +80kg honest :think:  :whew:

I am also using the -14.7 adjusted figure as suggested by the program although im using it on my 2.0 tfsi not the 2.0CR.

im only getting about 0.5 - 1 bar do you think that sounds about right for standard? although the hp is maxing out at 200 so might have to change the upper limit :rofl:

Yes i have updated the weight for the vehicle to include me aswell +80kg honest :think:  :whew:

I am also using the -14.7 adjusted figure as suggested by the program although im using it on my 2.0 tfsi not the 2.0CR.

im only getting about 0.5 - 1 bar do you think that sounds about right for standard? although the hp is maxing out at 200 so might have to change the upper limit :rofl:

Sounds about right for a petrol as they run lower boost than a diesel. Can always plug in vcds lite if you have it and do some logging of the boost figures on a brisk drive and see what the max value is you get. I know thats what I did with mine to see if it was mapped or not. Haha sounds like you might have too! WIsh I had over 200 bhp!

• 6 months later...

<Resurrect>

Using a pikey coat hanger mount I've used Torque Lite over the weekend. Have used it before... Just not with the phone mounted where I can see it whilst driving.

I set up a screen with GPS speed and OBD2 speed. Was expecting a 6-7% difference in the values but wasn't expecting the speedometer to not match either of them.

J.

<Resurrect>

Using a pikey coat hanger mount I've used Torque Lite over the weekend. Have used it before... Just not with the phone mounted where I can see it whilst driving.

I set up a screen with GPS speed and OBD2 speed. Was expecting a 6-7% difference in the values but wasn't expecting the speedometer to not match either of them.

J.

Speedo needles are notoriously inaccurate usually they say your going faster than what you actually are. It also gets more inaccurate the faster you go.

Speedo needles are notoriously inaccurate usually they say your going faster than what you actually are. It also gets more inaccurate the faster you go.

Yep, was the reason for setting up speed vs speed dials on the screen. Thought on a modern car the speedo might at least match what the ECU thought was happening. Was always expecting the GPS value to be lower.

This is why people really don't have a leg to stand on when they get caught speeding because if they get done for doing say 35 in a 30 zone then they were probably indicated on the instrument cluster 40mph and even worse if they got caught doing 74mph it was probably indicating 80mph on the speedo.

Although that said the police force don't regularly calibrate their instrumentation it gets knocked about in the vehicles so there is an argument for asking to see the calibration certificate. As an ISO 9001 / 9002 Company we are required to regularly have tested our testing and measuring equipment to ensure its accurate I would think It should be no different for the Police. Equipment can't give inaccurate readings overtime and there is always a tolerance.

With regard to the Speedo im not sure how it works out the speed I know it used to be a cable that went into the gearbox and measured the number of revolutions. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge of it can clarify its probably 'by wire' now from a sensor .

wouldnt be a great idea to ask to see calibration etc where i live. they'd have a field day with ya then mate.id rather have a speeding ticket than a loada points for various other things(as soon as you 'd mentioned any dispute with calibration of their equipment,they'd dig you right out,theyd go over your car with a bloody magnifying glass etc)

ps:99.9% of all bluetooth elm327 adaptors are ALL the same adaptor. same gubbins,different sticker. i have 3 here all different but all 3 have the same internals

Edited by crapcable

Cops regularly have a spy round my cars at meets to have a play with it- most love it and one admitted to running it on his patrol car coz he couldn't see the speedo properly (same reason it runs on my phone next to the dash).

I;m still waiting on a new pro clip to mount my tablet down in the centre console but it's a great app and a real time saver for allsorts of things. It might take some setting up to get it working exactly how you want it but once it's set i's great and I'm now running it in my 3rd car lol

• Like 1

has anyone tried the app with this odb reader??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-Bluetooth-OBD2-Auto-Diagnostics-Scanner-Power-Switch-for-Android-/161026483994?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item257ded271a

Been able to switch it off avoids having to unplug it each time i guess??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-Bluetooth-OBD2-Auto-Diagnostics-Scanner-Power-Switch-for-Android-/161026483994?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item257ded271a

Yep got that exact one last week from that seller. Works fine altho the delivery took about 4days, so apart from that don't hesitate :)

I've got one of the un-switch-off-able ones and it lives in the car 24x7. It's only powered when the engine is running (or maybe when the ignition's on, but most importantly it's only on when I'm using the car)

That's the way it is on the Yeti and the Missus' Mitsubishi and was the same on the Furby, Octy I and Octy II.

They work in so many motors. Only bother I've had was with older vauxhalls. Oh, and r32,33,34 skylines where Nissan use their own funny lookin connection (pass on the name of it).

Might have a spy at the switched one though. Saves me pulling the adapter when the car's not going to moving for a week or 2.