Mildstone in my Ocys life

IMAG0279.jpg

She's had a lot of money spent making her 100% under my ownership.

Plans for this year....

Cambelt, tensioner and metal impeller water pump.

New performance front tyres (at last!!!!!!)

Polybushed ARB bushes

Refurbished rear brakes due to insane squealing.

I keep looking at newer cars, but it would pain me selling my VRS for so little so I think I'll keep her till she dies.

I don't think I'd still have it had it not been for this forum helping my iron out a few issues (none of which were expensive, just hard to diagnose)

Happy days

• Like 1

haha, I am 196700 now. I have halved my monthly commute these days so no longer clocking up the miles like I used to.

Edited by mbames

I only do 6k a year, it's never going to see 200k, at least under my ownership. The Mrs is getting a new car next year, then it's my turn 2-3 years later. Going to get a Mk2 VRS me thinks.

I only do 6k a year, it's never going to see 200k, at least under my ownership. The Mrs is getting a new car next year, then it's my turn 2-3 years later. Going to get a Mk2 VRS me thinks.

I would class that as down Grading lol

Please post a pic when it hits 200,000 thats epic!

How many clutches has it had? And suspension?

Mine had a new clutch when it I bought it (around the 70k mark), and one set of suspension at about 100k.

I think it really does depend on what the previous owners of the car have done to it. I think it would be worth factoring in the change of them shortly after purchase (worst case).

Mine was a lease car so had received some abuse and had signs of early clutch slippage when I viewed the car (got the dealer to sort it as part of the purchase).

That's pretty reassuring, I'm always tempted by Mk1 diesels but they're only cheap if they're over 100k and while I know the engine is capable of three or four times that I always worry about things like the suspension and clutch

Ive a mk 1 diesel up to 130K now, 04 plate. Only bought it at 125k, but flicking through the service history (dunno how complete it is tbh) its had no suspension work done. other than bushes from what i see. still feels pretty goddam tight too. though i reckon I'll treat it to something new when i hit 140k. thnakfully im only driving on decent roads lately so its not getting hammered like me old cordy.

:rofl: Good to see that other people haven't grown up too. :thumbup:

When stuff like that no longer gets a chortle from me I will probably have to end it. Hahaha.

• Like 2

When stuff like that no longer gets a chortle from me I will probably have to end it. Hahaha.

Fact. I always end up thinking about what number sequence is next on the odometer,

123456K that kinda thing, 131313k is next . 135791 is one im looking forward to....

That and constantly calculating how ive saved on fuel since i changed cars at xmas...

Thinking about it, i think i should seek professional help now!

I'm only on 53k on a 52 plate, so I've got a bit of catching up to do I reckon. I only do 3.5k a year in the octy so by the time it's on 100k I'll be retired lol.

Jonneh, your mileage is awesome! Didn't notice the hidden message at first, but now I have, memories of maths classes at school have come flooding back haha!

Refurbished rear brakes due to insane squealing.

Good luck with that - I've stripped, refurbed and rebuilt my Octy rear brakes numerous times and tried different pads and discs - still 'Mooing' away like a goodun in reverse, lol! It's a design fault, I think we're all stuck with it as a little 'idiosycracy' of our cars...

But with regard to mileage, these cars shrug it off.

I bought mine at 80k, now on 120k, still drives as tight as a drum. Chassis wise I've replaced the front ARB and the shocks / springs all round with new genuine Skoda units. I tried H&R springs and coilovers etc - urrgghh! Horrible for everyday driving. Can't beat the stock setup IMHO...

The thing that gets me is that despite being 120k miles up and 11 years old - there isn't a squeak, noise or rattle to be heard anywhere in the cabin - now THAT'S build quality eh?!