Yeti vs Tiguan

jlwah

Hi, I know this has got off Topic.

Looked at Tiguan, Subaru Forrestor,GM Captiva,Suzuki Vitara etc.

In all you seemed to sit down & down, but Yeti you just climbed into and it felt Good, My Old Man used to have a saying,

"If it feels good it usually is good", plus if you close the door and it sounds solid, it means it's well made.

45 years later that advice is still remarkably accurate.

• Like 2

My Old Man used to have a saying,

"If it feels good it usually is good", plus if you close the door and it sounds solid, it means it's well made.

I'd add one to that; If it looks good it usually is. Yeti qualifies on all points for me. :thumbup: 

Fred

My Old Man used to have a saying,

Up to a point, I'd agree with you, but VW are well aware of that, and I swear they put more effort into the reliability of that solid sounding VW door-close than they do into any other part of their cars.

If only everything in life were as reliable as VW false advertising claims..........

• Like 1

Personally, I don't see the point of paying more for a Tiguan than a Yeti, when they are both essentially the same underneath, and the Tiguan just looks so dull...

Doesn't look hideous to me..... :nerd:

06.jpg

Cant say ive seen too many press/brochure shots that do tbh but those round vents everywhere just look too many generations too old. The upholstery is far better than what Skoda allow us to have mind! :)

Cant say ive seen too many press/brochure shots that do tbh but those round vents everywhere just look too many generations too old. The upholstery is far better than what Skoda VAG allow us to have mind! :)

Corrected that for you!

It is a group decision, not Skoda's.

Corrected that for you!

It is a group decision, not Skoda's.

Thanks but without being a pedant I think most know what I was suggesting... At the end of the day you are never going to find a better all round Skoda model compared to the VW or Audi equivalent but the Tiguan is one I just can't stomach unfortunately. It's more the design than the quality of the dash but the upholstery and carpets on Skodas lack outright quality IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Collected a Vovo XC60 D5 SE Nav Geartronic ... seriously considered another Yeti 170 but it simply isn't heavy enough for our current caravan.

How are you getting on with the XC60? I'm amazed at the published efficiency. Within a few years the tax and lower fuel use would pay for the difference in price to the 170 Yeti.