Hurrah! Picked up the new Octy Today!

Picked up the new Octavia today - very pleased with it even on the short drive from the dealer's home. Going from a 140

PD to the 1.6CR is not unpleasant and the engine noise / cabin noise is definitely quieter. Cruise control is fabby. When we ordered it the dealer had it pencilled in for 30th April delivery and here we are on 30th April picking it up! That new-car feeling is great. :D Here's to another seven years (that's what we got out of the old one!).

Here's some piccy's to enjoy (and yes, that stunning camper in the background is a Mazda Bongo AFT):

NewCarFront.jpg

2012-04-30142953.jpg

• Like 1

Niiiiiiiiiice!

Trouble with white, (as with black), is that they look terrific when clean, then 5 minutes after setting out...

Enjoy your new toy! :sun:

When did you order it out of interest. Ordered mine lat week and was told 10-12 weeks but not given a date.

Ordered around 21st of Feb so that's pretty much ten weeks from order to delivery.

Here's some piccy's to enjoy (and yes, that stunning camper in the background is a Mazda Bongo AFT):

Very nice. :)

Mazda Bongo........what a wicked name!

Nice motor!

I've never understood the white/dirty car comments, I ran a white car for almost 100,000 miles and it didn't look any dirtier than any of my previous cars. If anything it's easier to clean, it doesn't need drying either as the water marks can't be seen!

The silver roof rails are a little lost against the white paint but I like the premium look they offer.

The sunset privacy glass works well on white though!

Its hard to tell but the front mudflaps you've had fitted, are they round in profile like the standard rears or are they square in profile?

I hope the DRL's are now activated from the factory?

Its hard to tell but the front mudflaps you've had fitted, are they round in profile like the standard rears or are they square in profile?

I hope the DRL's are now activated from the factory?

The front mudflaps are square in profile - I believe Skoda haven't bothered updating them although it's not really noticeable.

Not sure about DRL's - will have to check.

Also got Maxidot (which looks much better than the half LCD on the old Octy) and heated front seats.

Whether the DRL's are activated or not is a bit hit and miss. The early facelift Octavia's with front foglights had them fitted but they weren't 'activated', hopefully they are now on the MY12 Octavia's!

If they aren't 'activated' from the factory it can be done by your dealer or someone with VCDS.

This then enables the procedure that allows you to manually turn them on and off yourself (in Maxidot or using the procedure using the indicator stalk detailed in the manual on non-Maxidot cars).

I think they look quite smart and are quite effective too, I reckon they'll look even better on a white Octavia.

Big wheels on the list?

Definitely not - the last one had 17" wheels and I found the cost of tyres way too much.