Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

I LOVE the diff - should be standard.

The turbo - it has more power but it's still not tuned properly - a combination of Ben being really busy and me not having time/balls to do 3rd gear logging runs :)

Just floored it past a Jag from the lights and it set off, held back, traction control flashed, big bang and it set off like a rocket.

Not sure if that was the traction control getting confused and cutting power or the turbo stalling or something :( I couldn't repeat it anyway.

I stand by earlier comments. I think the only bit of you car that is still a Skoda is the badge and even then I'm not sure it's still OE :D

Hope all this whizz bang doesn't scare the baby Kiwis :)

• Like 1

Result! I just discovered that there's a local place (36km from me) who can tune my ECU, have a dyno and seem to know what they're doing.

I would love to stick with Shark if possible and really appreciate Ben's time and effort but this is a much more practical option given time zones, legality of logging runs etc.

Went and had a good chat with them today. Snapped this on the way:

1425343_10151949976625901_761494897_o.jp

• Like 2

I LOVE the diff - should be standard.

The turbo - it has more power but it's still not tuned properly - a combination of Ben being really busy and me not having time/balls to do 3rd gear logging runs :)

Just floored it past a Jag from the lights and it set off, held back, traction control flashed, big bang and it set off like a rocket.

Not sure if that was the traction control getting confused and cutting power or the turbo stalling or something :( I couldn't repeat it anyway.

ive done tht a few times when i forget to hit the asr button lol bang is massive lol so normal

and some good new on the mapping :rock:

• Like 1

i never noticed your fake wide mouth before :wonder: looks amazing why am i jealous mines red to :think:

Yeah I had to take my Germanplates.com Euro plates off as they're fining people for having them. Basically NZ Plates have a monopoly and you have to go to them and pay about 250 quid just to get your plate in a European style (it costs them 25 quid to have them made).

It didn't look right half red and half black:

DSC01902.jpg

Yeah I had to take my Germanplates.com Euro plates off as they're fining people for having them. Basically NZ Plates have a monopoly and you have to go to them and pay about 250 quid just to get your plate in a European style (it costs them 25 quid to have them made).

It didn't look right half red and half black:

DSC01902.jpg

ah ok, looks good

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound a bit weird, but when I first saw the picture on my teeny laptop screen I though I was looking at 3 bags of a certain herbal substance :D Where's me glasses?

Haha yeah I can totally see that, looking at it again on my laptop screen.

• Like 1

New rear seats arrived today. They're Recaros out of a V6 4Motion Golf. Only disadvantage is that they have a lap belt in the centre instead of a 3 point belt.

10922104694_14c1218017_b.jpg

When I opened the package I was a bit concerned.

10921982755_ea5ffaaf20_b.jpg

10922282413_e013b2fe0a_b.jpg

I broke out the old IKEA leather cleaning and feeding kit.

10922139154_b369f4118c_b.jpg

The came up lovely!

10922101276_277227e4fa_b.jpg

10922027546_f8bb1d1273_b.jpg

• Like 2

Ohhh this is hilarious. A mate is looking to get some LCR Brembos and has found some with no discs or carriers.

He got these prices from the local dealer:

I've heard back from spain and they are ridiculously priced.

The prices are retail excluding gst. I can give 15% off these only as we don't get much to work with

on seat parts. They must be super special.

Disc 1ML615301     $3927.00 ea

Carrier 1ML615421     $3535.80 ea

Disc 1ML615301     $3927.00 ea = 2027 GBP (100 GBP each at Euro Car Parts)

Carrier 1ML615421     $3535.80 ea = 1,825 GBP (300 quid a pair on Ebay)

What are they smoking?

• Like 1