Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

Bought a second hand headlight adjuster from Ebay for $28 delivered to NZ - worth getting before I pull the light apart.

I still haven't had time to have a proper enthusiastic drive - whenever I've had time it has been raining and cold, humph.

But it definitely feels good at low speeds, mini roundabouts, corners etc.

Also I've sourced some rear leather Recaros in Christchurch - waiting for payday to pay for those :D

On another note the cost of fitting the LSD has pushed my car costs spreadsheet over another milestone.

This is mods, replacements, tools and servicing parts plus associated fitting costs, no petrol, insurance etc

It has just nudged over $30k in 6 years :o Shh don't tell SWMBO.

• Like 1

On another note the cost of fitting the LSD has pushed my car costs spreadsheet over another milestone.

This is mods, replacements, tools and servicing parts plus associated fitting costs, no petrol, insurance etc

It has just nudged over $30k in 6 years :o Shh don't tell SWMBO.

Thats only about £500 in real money though right.... ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fail - I did much Googling and confirmed what my headlight adjuster was. Should have just pulled it out and had a look.

The one I bought is on the right:

1239178_10151849220905901_1990700768_o.j

Nothing like it! Different number of connector pins and everything!

Fortunately it's a Bosch unit used on Mercs, Range Rovers and all sorts. Ordered one off Ebay. Light refitted for now. Doh.

• OEM AUTO LEVELING MOTOR
  • FITS 00-06 MERCEDES S CLASS
  • FITS 01-07 MERCEDES C CLASS
  • FITS BOTH SIDES
  • MERCEDES PART # 140 820 19 08
  • BOSCH PART # 0 307 860 001

Haha - taking it out and putting it back has fixed it for now :D

Ordered some small shinies from Milotec.

Also called at the local hotrod place to get a price for replacing the white cloth trim in the doors. I was thinking leather but that will be a bit too hard apparently with all the curves and stuff but they have some vinyl that looks good and is the same colour as the headlining. Might just have to do it.

It's my cat! She has worked out how to get into the garage, the little bugger. Then taught one of our other cats to do it too.

I did realise, otherwise I'd have suggest an electric fence generator attached to the bodywork :happy:

On a more serious note (I wouldn't really electrocute a cat) - the ultra sonic devices are an effective method of keeping animals away from a small area - in my case an area of 4mx3m of pee shingle

Could just as easily be setup to point at the front of a car to keep them off the bonnet alone - after a short while they'll associate the bonnet with an annoying noise and wander off to  find somewhere more comfy for a snooze

No different to those devices they put in bus stops to annoy folks with fully working hearing, assuming it'll only annoy teenagers

• 2 weeks later...

Shineeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy

And rob looks like you have the extra family edition ...... The one with the kid holder in the boot to stop the inevitable stick finger drawings on the rear for windows....... Now I want an estate:)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...