Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

Just been street-viewing that road.

Is the the road surface really as flat, smooth and pot-hole free as it appears on streetview ?

I'd like to take my car on that road - think it'd cost me a set of tyres though :rofl:

I'd wind the dampening down to near bottom setting (softer) on those KW (top adjuster), and start from there.

Yep it's pretty well looked after. There are a few edge bits where it's sinking but mostly it's as it appears. The middle white lines are a bit optimistic in places, if you met a log truck you'd be in trouble (there are signs saying beware, logging!)

Also there are usually several dead possums, none today though fortunately!

I painted up the rusty springs on my KWs :)

The KW springs are shorter than the VMAXX ones. And the VMAXX are all wonky, what's that about?

7696872226_f84ef296d1_c.jpg

I was a bit worried it would sit mega-low but the rear is about 2cm higher than before pre-adjustment, phew!

7696870126_333a861451_c.jpg

7696868336_73d5ee1bb1_c.jpg

Then I thought while I had the car jacked and wheels off I'd do the S3 steering rack. I got one side track rod end out easily with a quick tap of the hammer, tapped the other, no movement, tapped it harder, still nothing. Tapped it with some enthusiasm. Then realised I'd taken the nut off and had just damaged the thread. Fail, new track rod end needed. And it's still stuck there. Going to borrow a mate's ball joint spreader tomorrow, see if that moves it. At least I can get 90% of the job done then.

So I can't test drive the KWs yet, bummer!

• Like 1

Looking really nice, I've always had a soft spot for your car and IMO is the best Estate on here :thumbup:

332901_10151126119495901_591972509_o.jpg

After a test drive aorund some twisty roads in the pishing rain. The R32 wheel and rack with the KWv3s and the Shark stage 2 map are a fantastic combination. Really confidence inspiring. Loving it.

Just been for a 100km drive with SWMBO and baby. Baby has been sick all day and hasn't slept but she went to sleep in the car seat.

I should have skipped the VMAXX and bought these first :)

The ride is so much better. Still firm but you no longer feel road imperfections through the base of your spine.

There were certain bits of road where the car went over them and we both went "ooooh!" but nothing like that happened in the whole 100km despite going along a pretty ropey bit of highway.

Happy :)

• Like 1