Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

I have a bit of a tricky reverse out of my garage as it drops and turns, but have done it hundreds of times!

I was so amused by my two year-old daughter grinning and saying "Oooooooooo!! Noisy!!" when I started the car today that I reversed into the garage door frame.

Somehow I managed to avoid any bodywork touching anything but I hit the wooden frame with my back wheel.

Will get a pic later, phone camera pic doesn't show the detail but it looks like mostly paint transfer on the spokes and scratches around the rim.

Bugger. Back to that wheel refurb I was thinking about...

DSC04479.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The fronts are 225s no not really any stretch. It's the tread wear - they're just about in the wear markers but still legal by NZ law. I think the reason he commented is that people here seem to think that if a tyre is worn but legal it's okay to leave for another six months to the next WOF and change when it's definitely illegal.

I see cars all the time with tyres worn smooth or even banding showing through! It's scary.

The S3 rack turns about 20% quicker than the standard one.

I highly recommend the lumpy R32 wheel, I love mine.

I see, sounds like a good choice :-) thanks for the link to the r32 wheel. Will be paying for it on payday :-)

• Like 1

It's about $50 - 25 quid.

It does seem to come around quickly.

I think it's a good thing. Most (non car enthusiast) people here seem to use it as a trigger to perform maintenance. Wait until the car fails on tyres, brakes or whatever then do the work because you have to.

A friend got an advisory on tyres on her V6 SUV and assumed that meant they could be left another 6 months. Even though she does a couple of thousand k's a month. Scary.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those are the things. But you'd only put them on when changing the tire.

yes, and they'll cause the tyre not to seal properly - tried those PoS on two different alloy/tyre combo - fitted neither

The company back then had a "no quibble" money back guarantee - which they refused to honour - many other have found the same

There was a thread from a few years ago ... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/222471-alloygator/