Swing and Bluetooth

I gave this a go last night. I failed in many places :)

- i could not get the interior light fitting off or the glasses holder

- i could not get the pillar cover off

- i could not get the side dash panel off

- i struggled to find where to put the unit (not under the seat)

I think i was being extremely cautious when trying to remove things so they don't snap! overly cautious it seems lol

Does anyone have any pics of how it is done? I really dont want to snap anything

maybe i should be bold and use force, but then the cost of replacing things springs to mind :'(

1. Remove light cover (prise off with flat blade screw driver). Then remove the two (I think) screws, may have to remove bulbs.

2. Pillar cover needs a bit of force, see other posts in this thread.

3. Dash panel prises of again with flat blade screw driver.

4. The unit will either go under the seat, although the foam it should go into is too big for the Fabia. Sure someone in this thread has mounted it there with no foam. I have slotted mine into the vertical hole behind the radio unit. It will go in with gentle pressure and works fine.

Just ordered the module, just looking for the cables now. Does anyone know a part number for the mic and loom that allows a MDI connection so that I can still use the MDI?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Edited by Gregs79

You can still use the MDI - just need to pop the section out of the car loom and put it into the gap in the conversion cable. Fiddly, but if I'd got the right cable, probably not needed! Didn't check if its the same cable the reversing sensors came through or not (might be the other connector section?).

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm a french guy and i have a fabia 2010 with swing radio.

I have a find a bluetooth module ref 1K0 035 730 D, but carsystem say it's not the good reference.

But i see Arnold have put this reference and that seem working.

What is the true?

Thanks for your response.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have make a mistake, the number of the bluetooth module is 5k0 035 730 D.

I have install this module on my car and the half working : I can activate the phone on the swing but i don't have the phone menu on the maxidot. I can activate the BT audio on the swing menu but i don't have the BT audio button on the media menu.

My VAG COM cable is too old to have access of the bluetooth module.

Do you think it's coding problem?

totochups ,

You must go to the installation list in VCDS to enable 'Telephone' in the list for it to appear in Maxidot. If you do not have a licenced VCDS cable and software, there are some very helpful people on here who may do it for you. Have a look in the Diagnostics and VCDS forum :)

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I have already the module BT on the VCDS. It's appear.

But i don't have acces of the long coding helper and do not parameter the module because my VCDS have no information for this module.

It's the 11.11 FR version and i try to contact the seller. Before i have a 908 version of VCDS and it the same problem.

Can anyone of you give me the coding of the swing radio and the coding of the telephone?

Hello,

Today was a good day. I have find the solution for my problem.

I make connexion to my car with other laptop and that working.

I just enable the module 77 telephone on the menu can gateway, and the telephone menu appear on the maxidot. I have the BT-audio too.

If anyone need some information, you can mp me.

• 5 months later...

Following a request for how I did it, here's a quick resume from what I can remember (and without pulling the car to bits to replicate it):

Swing Stereo - flip the outer cover off using a thin, blunt tool (I have a set of plastic trim removal tool - Laser brand, about a tenner). Several clips around the periphery but be gentle and it comes off reasonably easy. 4 Torx screws hold the Stereo unit in; undo these and it slides out. From memory, the one large multiplug and aerial.

Roof console - Ultrasonic housing (and sunglasses holder if fitted) pops out of the roof liner, rear (not windscreen end) end first. Maybe not essential, but easy to remove and makes access so much easier.

Light unit - which is where the microphone will live. I didn't remove mine and whilst fiddly, you can still work with it in situ.

Other access:

Upper glovebox - I removed this to help with access to route the cables

Under dash panel (passenger side)

Side panel of dash - passenger side. Removed again to aid with cable routing.

Not sure which way I routed the cables exactly, but down the back of the dash, with the bluetooth module sitting up the side of the side panel (close to the A pillar. Microphone cable went along the back of the dash, and tucked up behind the windscreen pillar trim (pulling the door seal off from the hinge up and all the way across the top of the door). Cable then goes over the roof liner and eventually with some fiddling (I used my thin arms, but you could use something to guide it) came out of the panel in the roof.

In the small grille in the lamp panel, its filled in with a piece of foam the same size as the microphone (about 2 sugar cubes side by side). I think its held in with some adhesive tape but it came out with just finger pressure. Microphone then clips into this (4 clips on the lamp panel), then connect to the cable you've just routed through the headlining void.

At this point, I have the BT module and microphone connected, so now time for the head unit.

The cables I bought and my setup meant that the MDI connector wasn't "passed through" (there was a blue and black auxiliary connector in the car loom side of the block, but only the one on the new loom that goes between them. With a small screwdriver, I unclipped it from the car loom plug, fitted the two mating halves of the BT loom to the car and head unit, and then manually fitted the (now floating) connector directly into the plug which now is plugged into the head unit. There's no latch on mine, so its held in by the friction of the pins only. It's been like that for over 20,000 miles an no issues yet. Don't forget the aerial..

Now the reassembly; all of a sudden there's a lot of stuff on the back of the head unit, so it takes some jiggling to get the cables and connectors to find a new home behind there but IIRC there is a natural gap which they can be teased into.

Try it out before putting it all back together again, just in case. BT menu was visible on the maxidot but that may have been just what my car/Swing had preset into it. Mute/Answer on the MFSW doesn't work, but that is, I believe, a coding fix. If yours needs full coding to enable the BT, then you can get it done at the same time.

Sorry If I've missed anything out but its several months since I did it, so may have missed some bits out. Apparently the BT module and cables are such that it can sit under the passenger seat by default but it sits under the dash in mine fine and saved rooting under the carpet and all the trim removal that may have required!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My GF has just picked up her Fabia today and I'm looking to fit Bluetooth hands free for her as she needs it for work really (community nurse) so will be in the car quite a bit, I took the Parrot out of her old car but have found this thread and was just wondering two things.

1. Can the abouve retrofit be fitted without the MFSW?

2. If I fit a Parrot will the reverse sensor display still work or will I need a special harness?

Lastly when you say maxidot is this the display in the center of the cluster with the MPG, temp etc on? My phone is displayed here on my 5.1 transporter but uses the right hand stork to control it, guessing this may be the same on the fabia.

I have a button on the under side of the right stork to answer and confirm selections, haven't checked if this is the same in the skoda but guess so.

Edited by Appletree
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I bought the bluetooth module with following spec

PART NO.:1K8 035 730 D

for my skoda swing radio. Unfortunately, the connector in the harness provided with the bluetooth module does not match with the pins in swing audio.

Is there any possibilty to find an adapter connector or another harness which can connect this part with audio swing.?

The seller is kind enough to refund on return of the item if the part is not matching.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by revving