Rear sun blinds - easy to fit?

I bought some of these a few weeks ago and have finally put them up in my car now the sun has come out. They were very easy to install took a couple of minutes. Best thing is the privacy it gives from the outside looking in but a fairly unobscured view looking out.

They supply 4 clips per window. You just pull back the rubber surround and these attatch to the door frame. The sunblind then attatches to the clips mounted on the frame.

I bought from the same seller a month ago, I got mine well packed a few days after paying. It's all in skoda packaging and are easy to fit. Once fitted you can remove them easily leaving the retention clips in but as Superbrex as stated they enhance the car IMHO.

The only difference been yours if you buy them and mine is that they will cost you £29, I paid £41 on eBay from same guy and was happy at that price, what's the cost of a King Prawn Vindaloo with garlic naan takeaway between friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair last week. Easy to fit!

Want to keep them on all the time, as they are so nice.

The only problem with that is when the rear windows steam up on a rainy day.

I bought a pair last week. Easy to fit!

Want to keep them on all the time, as they are so nice.

The only problem with that is when the rear windows steam up on a rainy day.

That is what you a/c is for. :happy:

yes, but slightly slower than usual as the screen has some blocking effect on the airflow.

BTW, the rear windows can be opened when slower than 40mph with the screen on without any noise issues. This is fantastic!

That is what you a/c is for. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant item. I found some from a VAG dealer on Ebay at £21.

Even at £29 (massively discounted) well recommended.

Easy to fit and quality product

Can't view the link but suspect these are like the OESunshades / Vanstyle ones which clip into the rubber window surround.

Had a full set on the Octavia for 4 years and they were brilliant, definately worth the money. Have sunset on the Superb so don't need them.

Excellent product and well worth it if you haven't got sunset and want to protect kiddies or prevent people from looking in.

Don't know about individually but perhaps as part of a set (best part of £90 tho)

I have the side blinds but could do with a rear one to keep the dog cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of side blinds for 19.90 from the bay few days ago. Fitted them this morning, 1 minute job, but the result is simply fantastic!!

Be interesting to see how the rear blind fares over time - the reason OESunshades/Vanstyle do the rear one in 2 pieces is to prevent it sagging over time. For such a large piece of material, constantly in the sun, it is inevitable that it will change shape.

• 2 months later...

Here's some pics of the VanStyle blinds from here http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/privacy-shades-skoda-superb-p-4498.html. Went to pick them up yesterday as there was some confusion over how many blinds were in the pack - the web page said six, but it also said six for the twindoor, which confused me a bit! Turned out that the pdf instructions on their site was for Superb I, which has one blind for the rear passenger window and another one for the quarterlight, plus two across the back making six in total. The blinds for the Superb II have a single blind for the whole of the rear passenger window including its quarterlight.

Initially disappointed to have only a single blind per window, but then realised that it doesn't matter a jot in the real world. The blinds are pretty expensive really considering they're just bits of mesh, but in the flesh they look very classy and professional - unfortunately my pictures don't do them justice as the backdrop isn't exactly aesthetic (sorry, that's where the car was this morning when I had the camera handy!). Fit is very snug, so much so that I didn't even bother putting the clips in for the rear quarter windows, they just 'popped' into place.

Kids said last night that it was a bit dark back there, but to be honest I don't think so - it is after all a light coloured interior. Might be a bit gloomy for those with black leather though, something to think about at least. They do have some security aspect - its much harder to see through them unless you actually peer in, certainly couldn't see what's on the seat from just walking past.

Snug fit makes the passenger window ones fine to drive with window open, at sensible speeds anyway - airflow without bugs. Fitted in three minutes while I waited, although to be honest having seen them in I felt a bit daft asking them to put them in for me, it really is a piece of cake. Very happy with them, but could do with being a little cheaper 8/10.

DSCF5898.jpg

DSCF5899.jpg

DSCF5900.jpg

DSCF5901.jpg

DSCF5902.jpg

DSCF5903.jpg

DSCF5896.jpg

DSCF5897.jpg

• Like 1

Here's some pics of the VanStyle blinds from here http://www.vanstyle....erb-p-4498.html. Went to pick them up yesterday as there was some confusion over how many blinds were in the pack - the web page said six, but it also said six for the twindoor, which confused me a bit! Turned out that the pdf instructions on their site was for Superb I, which has one blind for the rear passenger window and another one for the quarterlight, plus two across the back making six in total. The blinds for the Superb II have a single blind for the whole of the rear passenger window including its quarterlight.

Initially disappointed to have only a single blind per window, but then realised that it doesn't matter a jot in the real world. The blinds are pretty expensive really considering they're just bits of mesh, but in the flesh they look very classy and professional - unfortunately my pictures don't do them justice as the backdrop isn't exactly aesthetic (sorry, that's where the car was this morning when I had the camera handy!). Fit is very snug, so much so that I didn't even bother putting the clips in for the rear quarter windows, they just 'popped' into place.

Kids said last night that it was a bit dark back there, but to be honest I don't think so - it is after all a light coloured interior. Might be a bit gloomy for those with black leather though, something to think about at least. They do have some security aspect - its much harder to see through them unless you actually peer in, certainly couldn't see what's on the seat from just walking past.

Snug fit makes the passenger window ones fine to drive with window open, at sensible speeds anyway - airflow without bugs. Fitted in three minutes while I waited, although to be honest having seen them in I felt a bit daft asking them to put them in for me, it really is a piece of cake. Very happy with them, but could do with being a little cheaper 8/10.

Hi ex750

I used to have these or similar blinds for my last Jag Xf and then my Xj and they IMO were very good value for money and they didn't damage the interior of the car and they were easily removed if required, only I was a little dissappointed with the rear blind as since it came in two pieces, you tended to get a large ridge down the centre of the rear view through the mirror, but I would still say that they are an excellent purchase and I probably will buy them for my new Superb.

I was wondering could you do me a favour and take a few pictures of your drivers area and the dash and post them on here please, as I like you have opted for the "non wooden finish" on the dash and I was wondering what it would look like, as the salesman was clueless with regards pictures and I had no point of referance, I just want to make sure I've made the right decision before I get any build details from skoda and then it's too late..?

Regards

Rod

Edited by RoDM

I was wondering could you do me a favour and take a few pictures of your drivers area and the dash and post them on here please, as I like you have opted for the "non wooden finish" on the dash and I was wondering what it would look like, as the salesman was clueless with regards pictures and I had no point of referance, I just want to make sure I've made the right decision before I get any build details from skoda and then it's too late..?

Regards

Rod

I didn't 'choose' the non-wood finish, it just happened to be in the car I bought. Personally I'm a bit more trad, and would have had wood had I been given the option. Anyway, here's what my dash looks like:

DSCF5957.jpg

DSCF5953.jpgDSCF5954.jpgDSCF5955.jpgDSCF5956.jpg

• Like 1

Many thanks ex750

Gratefully appreciated, I'm fine and happy with the finish looks good, I had wood finish in my Rover 75, then my Jag XF and in the Jag Xj but with the Ivory leather interior it looks okay, one thing I have to mention did you stipulate black carpets ? as I was never given an option of that and it's going to be a surprise when it does materialise if Ivory or Black carpets fitted lol...

so many decicions so little time to make them all in eh ...lol

Thanks again :-)

I'm sure theres a post on here somewhere saying that there isn't a cream carpet option and cream leather will always come with black carpets. Have a search and if you don't find it drop me a line and I'll see if I can dig it up

• Like 1

Many thanks for posting this, very helpful and informative. Could I be a pain please and request one further pic - a close up of the rear window, in particular the overlap/central vertical bar?

DSCF5958.jpg

From inside the car - the tiny dot of light at the top is where each blind curves round the corner, leaving literally less than a millimetre gap. The two tabs you can see are to allow easy removal of the blinds, and are unbranded.

DSCF5960.jpg

Looking through the blinds from the outside (but with the hatch up so you can see through them)

DSCF5961.jpg

The trimmed edges are maybe 4 or 5mm thick, so a total of possibly 10mm for the stip down the middle where the two meet

DSCF5962.jpg

Closeup of the fixing (it looks metallic there but its just shiny plastic). Two are supplied but the guy only fitted one, he said it doesn't really need any at all really.

Edited by ex750
  • Like 1