Seats whats the deal with them?

...and no this isn't a thread set to bash our Spanish automotive cousins :D

Whats the main reason behind not fitting different seats to a Fabia?

We know the light colour is a bitch and the seats aren't that comfy but whilst browsing the bay of E i stuck is bucket seat and ther are loads out there; ok most are manky but even still.

I know subframes don't often fit but is there any reason that a seat couldn't be simply "made to fit"?

Can you remove the subframe from the car and affix the one on the other seats instead assuming your handy with a welder?

Is there some sort of MOT reason is can' be done?

Or Is it simply far far too much work?

Complete pie in the sky but i think something like these would look good in the front of my Fabia ;)

$(KGrHqNHJCEE9EBQ(O4qBPYeftGm1g~~60_12.JPG

or these

$(KGrHqVHJBEE8+gQM(39BPT33YjUJ!~~60_12.JPG

I don't know how to help you, but if it had been a bash at your Spanish cousins (our cars have much more flair might I add ;)) then I'd have hurled a shed load of abuse your way ;) (cause your car's a shed. Geddit? :p)

You may occasionally soil them too.

I don't like the original seats if im honest, type r ones are very comfortable and supportive iirc. I would go for those, Im sure its simply matching hole to hole with a plate in the middle, I just dont trust my skills enough and fear I'll fly towards the windscreen (with the seat) after some hard braking :think:.

• Like 1

If it's just the covering that you don't like why not get them changed to leather? I have seen people fit R32 seats but they've reported it wasn't too easy.

But is there anything that stops it being legal or a straight forward albeit time comusing and tricky job?

I'm assuming the subframes are fixed to the floor or the car so can you not just take them out and fix new subrames?

I don't know why it's not more popular with Fabias, but in the Polo community it's very popular to weld to sub frames together to get other seats to fit.

The funny thing is, it's even easier with the fabia platform, because the seats carry all the mechanism and simply bolt to the floor (in older polos the sliding mech was split into two parts).

All you have to do is make up some brackets that bolts into the existing holes, then bolt your new subframes to the new brackets.

Legal or similar.... Do our cars have seatbelt pre-tensioners? If so, what do people do? I assume anything VAG "could be made to fit OK" but what about the aforementioned Subaru seats? I've had mine out complete with frames to do some ICE. No wiring got in the way of doing that job.

J.

People usually leave the rears stock. I know I always did. Then again, nobody is back there anyway.

I couldn't live with that, would look odd as hell.

My rears would have to match my fronts, that's why I'm not really a fan of buckets.

• Like 1

just got tt fronts fitted still need to sort the rears as its doing my head in with the different colours, i went for tt as they comfy sit low and easy to fit.

what about mk2 fabia vrs seats? after speaking to tech1e i bought a set for the wifes vrs.....quite like the look of em.

if it stops raining i will be fitting them tomorrow.

402626660.jpg

just put em in........dead easy job.

added bonus.....the cd changer and the storage box under the seats fit and both seats are height adjustable.

Sweet :) how much did they set you back dare I ask ?