Clarkey's 56 Plate Fabia vRS

Clarkey666

The seats look bang on Squire. Made up for you buddy.

As for the detailing, Seems like yesterday I sold you that tin of colinite. We've both come a long way since that day. The finish on that is exquisite, great skill and attention to detail Bro!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, I've fitted the new style vRS badges and I actually quite like them. I'm not generally a fan of putting newer badges on an older model, but they now match the Mk2 seats I fitted.

I washed it yesterday and applied a layer of Collinite 476s this morning, planning on popping another layer or two on in the next week or so for winter then topping it up with GTechniq C2v3 every now and then. Needles to say I took the opportunity to take a few snaps of the paintwork whilst the light was good, and before/after of the old/new badges.

Still very pleased with the way it looks at the moment.

So, the old vRS badge:

P9230121.jpg

The new one:

P9230127-1.jpg

I obviously changed the grille badge too but one of the images didn't upload, and Photobucket has claimed enough of my life today already.

Then some shameless reflection shots. I do find myself admiring the car and the finish, I must admit. I do enjoy the results- though sometimes the process involved to acquire them can be tedious. Still, makes it worthwhile. All in my opinion of course.

P9240156.jpg

P9240156-1.jpg

P9240130.jpg

P9240131.jpg

P9240133.jpg

P9240148.jpg

P9240143.jpg

P9240135.jpg

P9240154.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good, I used Collinite 476s as my go-to wax for what must've been close to 8 years. Great, but yes a tedious process.

I ran out recently so gave Dodo Juice a try; it's so much easier to apply and remove! Would've made the switch ages ago had I known.

Still early days with how long the coat lasts, Collinite was average at that so I'm sure this will be in there, no or less. The effort I save I could double up on ever coat.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Yes Tim I know there are better regarded waxes out there, but I have a large pot of Collinite and have found it very durable in my experience. Is it the Supernatural Hybrid you use? A good mate of mine rates that very highly. I'm going to get some Sonax BSD too, heard nothing but glowing reviews about that stuff.

Coskev, I don't mind the door handles to be fair, I think along with the bump strips, mudflaps and splitter they break the car up nicely. Had a butchers at your thread the other day, looks lovely on those silver alloys. I'll PM you about the seats mate.

Really does look great Bro! A credit to your eye for detail.

Popped a layer of SNH over the top of some wekstat acrylic prime on the focus the other day, not applied a paste wax for ages, or a polish by hand. It took a while and was hard work for the guns. Enjoyable, but prefer the Sonax liquid wax for an easy life.

Let me know when you're about for a catch up and you can grab a bottle of BSD.

• Like 1

She's looking well mate. I'm still gutted I didn't go for them seats, but I think they suit the red better than they would my black. I have however acquired a decent set of leathers for mine... they just need some work to tease them into place. I'm gonna have to let you loose on mine when I've got some spare time and money. I saw how well your mates came up... Well impressed. Keep up the good work fella.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

It has been a fair while since I updated this thread so I thought I'd share some recent photos of the car captured on my new camera after a fairly hefty few days of detailing. I've come across a few different products of late (cheers Hunty!) and needed an excuse to sample the quality of the camera. I'll pop a few before and after photos up in the car care section to show the difference; these are just to update this thread.

Cheers, Clarkey.

20.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

18.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good. :thumbup:

Quick question, were the seats a straight swap or did anything need to be adjusted, thinking of the rears??

Thank you. Straight fit, no alterations or anything required. They suit the car so well in my opinion, well worth it.

• Like 1

Thank you. Straight fit, no alterations or anything required. They suit the car so well in my opinion, well worth it.

Cool, good to know. B)

I've managed to get my hands on some myself with the white instead of red. Wanted them for years. :)