How long to wait now?

Hi, just ordered a new Superb and have been told to expect delivery in December, 6+ months away.

I am based in the UK and got that delivery estimate from a couple of dealers.

Has anybody else put in a recent order, and did you get a delivery estimate?

My order is for a Elegance 1.8TSI manual estate, with a few factory options.

Thanks

Seems strange... I ordered my car (in Denmark), a 2.0 TDI combi manual Elegance with a lot of extras, on the 19. april (week 16) and the car got built in week 20, after only 4 weeks. Car will be ready for pickup in about 1-2 weeks.

If I remember correctly someone in Norway on the forum placed a order in week 17 and his car got built this week (21).

There is something strange with Skoda UK and it's dealers, or maybe it's because you drive on the wrong side of the road ;)

Edit:

There is also a tread from a guy in Bosnia ordering his car 2 weeks ago, and got build week 23.

Edited by McKajVah

My Superb SE Estate 1.8tsi 4X4 was delivered to my dealer in Inverness last week ,12 weeks from order being placed. So 6 months seems a long time,since mine was only 3 momths.

Did you go for the Panoramic Sunroof? It seems that some options may hold the car up for longer.

I think I got mine in 8 weeks from order to collection.

Seems strange. I ordered a 1.8T DSG Elegance Estate with 6 or 7 options including the Panoramic Sunroof on 12th March and it arrived at the dealers on 24th May, so 10.5 weeks. I guess specific supply issues can crop up for various reasons, so just because mine came through in that time doesn't mean another similar car would follow the same way.

Several other dealers told me that DSG was a leadtime problem (that might just be on the 6 speed wet clutch version) and others said a Panoramic Sunroof would cause delays, though I understood that Skoda sorted the sunroof issues out a long time ago.

Looking back it was probably that those dealers had used up their March (and even April) quota, so my order would have been sitting in the dealers ordering system for a while, before even getting to Skoda.

Edited by artichoke273

Thanks for your responses.

12-14 weeks is what I was originaly told, then I was told that it had pushed out to December.

I have yet to be told the build week and am due to get a call from the dealer on Monday or Tuesday. I will quiz him about the expected delivery date.

I am hoping that when they have the build week back from Skoda it will be sonner than what they thought.

Can't wait to get the car, so keen that I've already downloaded the manual, 264 pages!

I told my wife that if delivery does turn out to be December then she will have plenty of time to learn the manul, whith spot quizes starting in October. She was not amused! :giggle:

The main hold-ups seem to be the 170PS diesel and the 6 speed DSG and the panoramic sunroof doesn't help. Guess what I ordered...yep, all of that and a lot more but after 11.5 months of waiting I picked it up last Friday. What a car! Just trying to get used to all the toys at the moment, and trying to be gentle with it at the moment.

After a suggestion from a member on this forum (you know who you are, thanks!) I have approached Preston Motors Skoda in Forest Gate.

They can supply me what I want with an expected 12-14 weeks delivery. As the original dealer has cancelled my original order with no loss of deposit I will now be ordering my Superb from Preston Motors. I will be going in after work tomorrow to pay the deposit and do any necessary paperwork. :happy:

Very happy to be expecting a 12-14 week wait instead of a 6+ month wait!

Also happy that I was able to get some points clarified relating to towbar prep and the retractable shelp option.

I just put down a deposit on a new Superb Estate Elegance CR 170 DSG which should be with me in a week or so. I contacted drive the deal and they quoted December for a new order but then came back with a choice of 3 cars available now as long as I wasn't fussy about extras, which on the Elegance I wasn't.

Seems a good deal at £24,800 but not having bought a brand new car since 1989 am I missing something important ????

If you are not after particular extras then there is a higher chance of getting a ready to go car.

I wanted a particular set of extras, hence the need for a factory build and that was the reason for the delay.

My guess is that the dealer that quoted 6months have used up their quota of factory builds, hence the delay.

Maybe I was a bit too determined to get the extras, I added metallic paint, retractable parcel shelf, auto dim mirror, improved sound system, spare wheel, heated rear seats, rear side airbags, park assist, heated windscreen, heated washer nozzles and the rear/side sunscreens.

It all added to the cost but I figure that I'll end up saving money by not actualy driving anywhere. I'll just sit in the car, read the manual and play with the gadgets. :happy:

@artichoke273, saw your car today.

It looks very nice, which is lucky as I have gone for the same colour and wheels :rofl:

Nice spec leWrat - enjoy, I went for a spare and sunset glass over and above the standard spec. Other choices were one with park assist and one with auto dim mirror.

Hi, just ordered a new Superb and have been told to expect delivery in December, 6+ months away.

I am based in the UK and got that delivery estimate from a couple of dealers.

Has anybody else put in a recent order, and did you get a delivery estimate?

My order is for a Elegance 1.8TSI manual estate, with a few factory options.

Thanks

I ordered mine (1.8 Tsi DSG Elegance Hatch with a number of extras) on 5th of May with a delivery estimate of 10 to 13 weeks. I contacted the dealer this morning and he said that as far as he knew nothing had changed from that estimate.

It is always an estimate until the order number code changes from a "10" to a "20" in the top left corner of the screen that then confirms that the factory has booked the order on the production line.

It is always an estimate until the order number code changes from a "10" to a "20" in the top left corner of the screen that then confirms that the factory has booked the order on the production line.

What `screen` are you refering to?

I think the dealer can logon to the Skoda ordering system and check your status. On his screen it will show an order status of 10 or 20.

At least thats how I believe it works.

I ordered my Greenline Elegance last Friday to replace Citroen C5 which goes back to Citroen (thank god) on September 9th, and was told there should not be a problem with delivery.

I confirmed my order on Wednesday 16th May 2012 for Greenline Elegance Hatch in Candy White, Park Assist, heated rear seats, auto dim mirror, Tow Bar prep (for bike rack and maybe motorcycle trailer), MDI, Sunset Glass, Hill Hold.and Wood Decor.

There was a peculiar delay in the order being accepted due to some issue over the Wood Decor (maybe it was intervention by the taste police :blush: ) but eventually Skoda UK confirmed the order with a provisional build of week beginning 13th August 2012.

So far it doesn't appear on the dealers 'Track my Skoda' system.

Jim

After the delays last year, it appears that Skoda are making a conscious effort to reduce Superb leadtimes however as others have said if you are after a 170 with DGS then there could be delays.

If you are not fussy on options, there could be some in stock.

I confirmed my order on Wednesday 16th May 2012 for Greenline Elegance Hatch in Candy White, Park Assist, heated rear seats, auto dim mirror, Tow Bar prep (for bike rack and maybe motorcycle trailer), MDI, Sunset Glass, Hill Hold.and Wood Decor.

There was a peculiar delay in the order being accepted due to some issue over the Wood Decor (maybe it was intervention by the taste police :blush: ) but eventually Skoda UK confirmed the order with a provisional build of week beginning 13th August 2012.

So far it doesn't appear on the dealers 'Track my Skoda' system.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Presume you've ordered through either Rainworth or Bickerton? The 'Track My Skoda' website only works for these 2 dealers and the info on it can be horribly out of date, and is not to be relied upon. It does not have an automatic feed from the main Skoda system and cars have been known to arrive before 'Track My Skoda' reports them as being built.

As for the towbar prep,I was advised against it by a Skoda dealer. I think it only makes sense if you're going to spend a King's ransom on the factory towbar and although the accessory costs seem reasonable they don't include labour charges for installation.

Simon

PS. The wood decor looks great. I have it and it's a lot nicer than in my wife's A-class, which somewhat annoyed her.

Thanks for that Simon....I'm glad the wood decor looks good (I thought I'd get my comment in first in case there might be flack coming re that decision.

You are correct, I ordered through Bickerton in Sheffield and I'm not holding my breath regarding seeing anything useful on their tracking system.

Re the tow bar prep, I made the decision to order it after reading a load of stuff earlier in the thread you posted in re Derby. although Having read your message relating to your own fitting I re-enter my semi permanent state of confusion on the subject.

The salesman at Bickerton Skoda initially told me not to order the towbar prep but he did admit that he was by no means an expert on the subject.

I'm not fitting the Skoda tow bar, the dealer said they use an independant fiiter but he (the salesman) didn't know if he used vehicle specific wiring kits or reprogrammed the canbus.I'm not sure which way to go with that at the moment.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by Claymore