VRS TDI - How many miles?

Just wondering how many miles your VRS Fabia's are currently showing.... Wonder who has the highest milage?

Mine has 134500miles - I only bought this example as it's a one owner non abused VRS with a full Skoda history. So glad I did :)

I had a Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130 a few years back which was a great car apart from the 17'' alloys made the ride very uncomfortable. The Ibiza had covered 30k miles but the Fabia drives every bit as good, even though it's covered 100k more.

Edited by VRSD30

Well, mines not the VRS but the TDI so almost the same ;) I'm on 149k at the moment, but mines been garaged for the past three months as I've had a company van to drive around. Just getting it all sorted to get it back on the road, with a 100mile a day round trip commute and a fair amount of business miles I imagine I'll hit the 200k mark by the end of the year/mid next year.

I got the car at about 100k and the previous owner used it mostly motorways and used to take it to a Skoda dealership and just say "do whatever it needs" - Had a couple of thousand spent on it over its life with her just on (pointless) maintainance. Myself, I've replaced tie rods, trackrod ends, front springs, ARB bushes and drop links and wishbone bushes and tbh it drives like new.

Well so far matt1chelski is in the lead with 163k and I thought mine was high lol .......EDIT Brun747 has taken the lead 171k :)

So how many of you have reached these milages with just routine maintenance and little or no problems?

Mine had an EGR unit replacment and clutch fitted as it was just starting to slip at 134k, also a cam belt and water pump change before i picked it up last week.

Edited by VRSD30

Owned the car since 31k miles. It gets a service every 15k-18k. It's had a new rad and steering rack. Brakes are only the second set all round and the battery and exhaust is original.

It was my Wife's but we got her a new one last year (56 plate with 17k miles) so with the miles i do, with any luck, the old girl will see 200k at some point next year :)

• Like 1

Excellent mate, mine has barely been run in! lol I'd love to see it hit 200k, and hopefully without any major problems due to worn engine internals like bearing and rings etc... Sweet as a nut the engine and as smooth as a car with a fraction of the mileage.

My 04 VRS on 145,000. Its been well maintained but has had:

console bushes - replaced at 70k

headgasket problem - skimmed and fixed

turbo boost pipe clip - easy fix

new turbo being fitted now

new discs and pads all round at 140k

plus:

lots of tyres

lots of bulbs

I'll be running it until 200k over the next 18mths, then its time for a new car.

Edited by iamrcb
  • Like 1

Mines a lot less than all yours :-) but im glad all yours are reaching 150k ish as i plan on having it for a while!

46k 06 Reg.

Shark Remapped

Only problems has been resealing the rear doors and new powerflex console bushes yesterday to fix an annoying squeek.

Oh and a new rear windscreen wiper arm as some **** snapped mine off

Adam

• Like 1

I feel upset by the fact that my car has nearly hit 48k after doing roughly 13k since I bought it last may and here are some of you guys doing 18k+ a year and your cars are on 150k+ miles lol

• Like 1

Mine is a 56 plate vRS on 113k miles. One previous owner who did 98k miles since new, non-abused motorway miles, full Skoda service history, oil changes every 10k miles. Since owning it i've done all work myself - I've only had to do standard service stuff and i've replaced the A/C rad (stone damaged). Console bushes and drop links need doing before next MOT. I hope she goes on til 200k like the rest of you guys :happy:

Edited by piggoy
  • Like 1