VRS TDI - How many miles?

'54 plate VRS, just turned 65K. Two rear shocks, two rear tyres, front ARB bushes. I've owned it for almost 1K.

Oops! forgot the wee things, two rear parcel shelf straps, two alloy wheel centre caps, one H7 bulb and all the nuts and bolts needed to do the mechanical work..

Edited by Coffin Dodger

Not a VRS but TDI and 160K - runs very smoothly.. Having said that we should expect 200K plus from a modern diesel if properly maintained. My 1995 Corsa had an Isuzu 1.5 engine (which was noisy!) and was sold with over 250K and still going strong.

• Like 1

i could have this in the bag here! just over 178,000 on my little vrs... stil on original engine and box too,

• Like 1

Ok, serious question time. For people doing relatively high mileage, the Fabia tdi and vrs models make sense. Cheap to run and can still be entertaining. But for those doing lower mileage, what's the appeal?

Just the way it's panned out in my case, I usually do most of my

mileage in my van. I've had my vRS for about 3 years and when I bought it it had

above average mileage. It's below average mileage now.

When it's sold my new car won't be as economical to run but I doubt I'll

feel the need to spend thousands on it modding it either. It should balance out

in the end. But realising how little I drive my car has helped me to decide to

replace it.

only 113500 miles on my 04 VRS,

no reverse lamps currently

brake switch fitted last weekend

Eibach springs fitted at 32k on original shocks still

Ibiza cupra consoles fitted at 48k

drop links fitted at 48k

original rear discs, although very worn

original front discs, although had 312s fitted from 48k for 30k, before refitting originals

2 cambelt changes, original water pump

when i'm fit and well (currently recovering from major op to remove cancerous growth) i will get on top of the maintainance, then it should be good for another few years

Not a Vrs (a Seat 1.9tdi FR) but just taken a 54 plate to 90k and no problems (other than the normal aesthetic yellow fade)!

Not a Vrs (a Seat 1.9tdi FR) but just taken a 54 plate to 90k and no problems (other than the normal aesthetic yellow fade)!

Thats cos its a pup :rofl:

In my cars 162,000 miles it has had a Turbo at around 120,000 miles. It was still standard at that point. When it was mapped the clutch started to slip a little, so that was replaced, gearbox went at 150,000 (lost 1st & 2nd). Apart from those it's just been th? usual brakes, bushes & other consumables. Drivers seat it pretty mullered, mainly due to my fat arse no doubt lol.

Currently running 200 odd bhp, gets used everyday for work & gets a good thrashing weekly, Santa pod etc