What are you expecting from Superb III (now missing in S-II)

My shortlist is as follows:

- front camera capable of performing videoregister (is it correct term?) functions in full HD, road sign recognition as option

- next generation "Columbus" - say, Android-based multimedia, Internet enabled

- a (slightly) better cabin noise insulation

- a slightly more comfortable suspension (I know, I know, handling will suffer :)

What else?

• Moveable head rest and pull out leg rest bits like I had in my BMW's, great for support on the back of the leg.
  • A sportier VRS version similar to M sport or Sline models ;o))
  • Sat Nav is not too bad, however could do with an update - I stream media from my Galaxy Note over Bluetooth.
  • Auto Start/Stop on all versions.
  • Reversing camera - Cool gadget (my wife has it on her Kia Sportage)
  • A good Hybrid version ( I know the tech is not quite there yet but it maybe in a couple of years)

When's the new one due anyway?

Edited by Sw1

Will there ever be a Superb 3?

Reasoning follows.... if Octavia 3 is in the Mondeo / Insignia size bracket (C/D segment?), wouldn't that be selling in the same market segment as the current Superb?

Unless VW thinks there is a viable market for a really large Skoda saloon / wagon, (& allows Skoda to develope such a vehicle), might Skoda have more success with a bigger SUV than the Yeti or perhaps a people carrier?

DC

Will there ever be a Superb 3?

Reasoning follows.... if Octavia 3 is in the Mondeo / Insignia size bracket (C/D segment?), wouldn't that be selling in the same market segment as the current Superb?

Unless VW thinks there is a viable market for a really large Skoda saloon / wagon, (& allows Skoda to develope such a vehicle), might Skoda have more success with a bigger SUV than the Yeti or perhaps a people carrier?

DC

I don't believe that VW´s vanity will extend that far. You don't say no to good money.

Passat will probably grow a bit, as will the Superb.

That said. I would like 3G/4G in the car along with a refreshed satnav, slightly larger diesel engine, Heads Up Display and Dynamic Cruise control & city safety stop feature.

Edited by tomcatdk

How about a sliding rear seat bench? Picked some people up yesterday and although I got all the luggage in, could just have done with a little bit more as I had to stand suitcases upright. If the rear bench could have slide forwad slightly that would have been useful.

Colleague at work has this function in his Q5 (albeit an optional one!)

Sliding rear seats now that would be a good i would be able to put 4 sets of golf clubs in long ways without having to take the woods out off the bags and 4 golf trolleys.just 4 inches will do and there would still be plenty of leg room in the back.

please take note SKODA.

bill

A serious redesign of the rear end - it reminds me too much of that stupid Renault Megan shakin' it's arse.

A serious redesign of the rear end - it reminds me too much of that stupid Renault Megan shakin' it's arse.

By the way (in case of hatch) just imagine the rear with inner lights (those placed on 5th door) covered with body paint (or just removed) - wouldn't looks be more attractive?

I'd like the next one to be a bit wider so rear seat passengers have shoulder space to match legroom. Some extra width in the boot wouldn't go amiss either. Other than that a vRS version with a tasteful but aggresive bodykit would be good.

Foot operated handbrake and for the estate without the electric tailgate I'd like soft closing please.

My dealer tells me the next serious revamp of the Superb will be 2014.

Foot operated handbrake and for the estate without the electric tailgate I'd like soft closing please.

The twin door has that.

My dealer told me pretty much the same today.

He said they were doing new releases/updates/facelifts every 6 months (~ June/Nov) and listed about 4 to come down the pipeline before the Superb gets any attention. So it could even be late 2014.

What about active noise reduction system (feeding internal hum&noise in reverse phase via car sound system)? They say, next US Mondeo is going to have such as option.

Also double glazed as option?

Edited by ste2000

Yes, hopefully VAG will filter through some of the BMT/Ecomotive engines from VW/SEAT into the Skoda range thereby making the Superb a genuine contender as a company car (excluding the existing GL specs obviously)

V6 diesel 4x4, please!

Audi 3.0Tdi quattro has lower emissions than Superb 2.0Tdi CR170

The one thing holding back the engine torque is the 350Nm rating on the gearbox. VAG are behind the power/torque wars in transverse cars for this reason and I'm sure they know it.

Big diesel!! or twinscroll turbo on V6 petrol engine. Active suspension (sport gears=sport suspension). Assisted opening/shutting of the doors. Bigger cup holders so a 500ml bottle fits.

2 stage ECU for town and country.

The one thing holding back the engine torque is the 350Nm rating on the gearbox. VAG are behind the power/torque wars in transverse cars for this reason and I'm sure they know it.

They have the gearboxes in the Audi range. No need to be restricted by existing gearbox.