biggy7's mk1 Fabia vRS

biggy7

Thought id start a new topic of my car

better late then never!

Bought the car from a member here last year (aug i think!) after owning a Clio 172 for a year i wanted a diesel and this fitted the bill nicely!

everything standard apart from Shark Stage 1 remap and Cruise control.

it was due a Cambelt service when i bought it so booked it in at Awesome GTI for the full works and also a whiteline RARB - not cheap! lol

shortly after this got a mufflerectomy and a powerflow twin end piper which i thought looks pretty good.

also changed the front discs and pads to OEM pagid ones and did the CCv hose mode (http://www.briskoda....-catch-can-mod/)

since then ive not done any modding until recently lol

fitted some Weitec GT Hicon coilovers and polybushed the front, console bush is from a cupra and Meyle Hd drop links

link to parts and discussion of this here: http://www.briskoda....-the-end-o/

car as it stands now

img0470aq.jpg

img0466ac.jpg

dscf1277v.jpg

dscf1276a.jpg

dscf1279z.jpg

dscf1275c.jpg

dscf1280o.jpg

dscf1278i.jpg

dscf1274q.jpg

future mods:

cupra splitter - have this just waiting on self tappers in the post

Xenon Headlights - still deciding about this?

Colour code door handles - anyone do these around manchester area?

Lamin-x subtle ting front fog lights

not as extravagant as some, i like subtle mods.

very happy at where its at, at the moment, car looks sooo much better lowered,

thanks for reading

Thanks mate

Fitted splitter today. Took the bumper off, took my time on it, seems straight enough!

Pics tomorrow

Front looks even lower now lol

Washed the car today so took some pics, car is gleaming but pics make it look dull :( wish was good at photoshop lol

Products used

2 bucket method

very cherry for alloys

Magifoam snow foam

dodo juice born to be mild shampoo with lambs wool wash mitt

i4detailing drying towel

FK 425 quick detailer

i4detailing high gloss for tyres

dscf1306f.jpg

dscf1305fb.jpg

dscf1304f.jpg

dscf1303r.jpg

dscf1302fz.jpg

dscf1301f.jpg

dscf1300f.jpg

dscf1299f.jpg

dscf1298f.jpg

dscf1297w.jpg

dscf1307l.jpg

Thanks for looking

Another nice clean example of a Red vRS and your fairly local to myself aswell. How do you rate the exhaust does it sound nice?Who did it for you and how much if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks mate

I do get the owl sound from the exhaust but not as much as others other than that it sounds awesome!

Got it done by these guy in leek: http://www.silver-systems.co.uk/

£80 fitted.

He did a few before me so he knows how to do the mufflerectomy :)

Don't mind meeting up if you want to hear it

Cheer's for the offer, will most likely take you up on it sometime soon, just not at this moment in time spent/spending enough money already in the form of a FMIC so could do without the temptation of spending any more haha

Has your's been de-catted aswell?

• Like 1

Cheer's for the offer, will most likely take you up on it sometime soon, just not at this moment in time spent/spending enough money already in the form of a FMIC so could do without the temptation of spending any more haha

Has your's been de-catted aswell?

no problem mate, give us a shout anytime

no not decatted, i had a decat on my clio sport and was a pain come mot time so not bothering on the vrs

Looks like aa very clean example!

LCR splitters looks great, think I need to invest.

Whats the ride like with the Coiloverss fitted?

thanks mate

i had it down to 6 threads from the bottom on the fronts and it caught the speed bumps

ive moved it up to 8 threads from bottom now at the front and all the way down on back and tbh its a much better drive, i feel bumps but the car sticks to the ground now lol

much improved definitely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive been experiencing some knocking noise and after changing all the bushes its still there

its come apparent that its actually the Steering Rack :sweat: that is making the knocking noise, so have ordered a new one from a steering rack dealer on ebay, this should arrive tomorrow.

in the mean time ive got me some

20120701_181827.jpg

gave them a good clean as they were a bit on the dirty side and just gave them some spot touch up with some hammerite smooth green

DSCF1318.jpg

DSCF1319.jpg

DSCF1320.jpg

in preparation of the steering rack and 312mm brake upgrade i ordered some ATE Super Blue Dot 4 brake fluid, power steering fluid and track rod ends

DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

DSCF1317.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Steering rack and 312mm brakes fitted today along with brake fluid, track rod ends and new power steering fluid.

Brakes = Awesome

Steering amazing now lol

yeh il try do this tonight mate

recent changes:

changed the dogbone gear box mount to new OEM one, gear changing much much nicer now

Thanks mate

Future plans I'd like, money permitting of course:

seat sport front strut brace

Xenon head lights

Boost gauge/egr delete

Alloy vRS foot rest

Having had most of the front bushes changed very recently the car drives like new and really loving driving it

• 1 month later...

Nice looking fab mate .. I think my rack is knocking too :( what where your synptons ? Mine just clokns mainly wen i reverse off the drive In the mornings , with my wheels pointing at a certain angle ?

hi mate, mine used to knock when going around corners when road was bumpy/uneven

the mechanic took the wheel off and had the track rod in his hand was pushing it in to the rack body and it was loose and knocking too, thats when we knew it needed changing

Did you experience the knocking all the time

Hi mate, used to knock when going around corners when road was bumpy/uneven

Update on progress, nothing much apart from seat sport front strut brace :)