Waiting List

vegit8

My 1.4 TSi SE Plus will be built on Feb 21 and should be at the dealers (Marlborough) by mid March - can't wait! :-)

Andy you remember mine was built on the 21st Jan....err still at the bloody port!!!

I think they're waiting for the boat to be built.......

JeZ

Andy you remember mine was built on the 21st Jan....err still at the bloody port!!!

I think they're waiting for the boat to be built.......

JeZ

They're waiting for mine to roll of the line and go and join yours at the port :rofl:

They're waiting for mine to roll of the line and go and join yours at the port :rofl:

Very best of luck....I think the real delay is caused by the production volumes. It was built early which probably indicates low volumes. I think the delays in shipping is caused by the lack of cars waiting to be shipped i.e. no point shipping if the boat isn't full :-(

Br

JeZ

Grrr just got an update on the order it is at the port it could be shipped in the next two weeks. I think I may get the record for the slowest delivery of a car after the thing is built. Now looks like a My13 number plate for me....A trip to the DVLA store for a private plate may be in order :bandit:

BR

JeZ

But probably worth waiting for the new registration start now - might be worth a few quid when you come to trade it in (and, as you say, you can always get a personal plate if you don't like the idea of 13).

I invested £250 in a DVLA plate S100 YET as I though I'd had enough bad luck with my order already - hope they don't leave them at the port too long - with no car now I don't want to find I've forgotten how to drive when it does turn up :think:

I invested £250 in a DVLA plate S100 YET as I though I'd had enough bad luck with my order already - hope they don't leave them at the port too long - with no car now I don't want to find I've forgotten how to drive when it does turn up :think:

Yeah I've been looking at the dvla site too...

JeZ

Went to Simpsons of Preston's VIP weekend yesterday and swopped my 30k mile SE for an SE+. They gave me an immediate choice of either Rosso Brunello with heated winsdcreen or Shark Blue with silver roof rails and full size spare - both available now ex factory.

The Shark Blue has my name on it , delivery is anticipated in 3/4 weeks. I presume the factory has spare capacity now , I remember waiting 5 months for my last one with no options!

Hi vegit8,

can you add mine to the list,

ernieb, 140 L&K, DSG, Steel Grey, 4X4, unconfirmed was week 14, confirmed week 17, delivery end May/early June, Progress Skoda Letchworth, no 16" option

Holding my breath about the confirmed build date :giggle:

Cheers

Hi vegit8,

ernieb, 140 L&K, DSG, Steel Grey, 4X4, unconfirmed was week 14, confirmed week 17, delivery end May/early June, Progress Skoda Letchworth, no 16" option

Cheers

Don't worry too much about the build date. We had a VW "confirmed" build date (VW UP!) of WK 8 (w/c today 18/2) but car was build 2 weeks ago and is now "in transit".

Went to Simpsons of Preston's VIP weekend yesterday and swopped my 30k mile SE for an SE+. They gave me an immediate choice of either Rosso Brunello with heated winsdcreen or Shark Blue with silver roof rails and full size spare - both available now ex factory.

The Shark Blue has my name on it , delivery is anticipated in 3/4 weeks. I presume the factory has spare capacity now , I remember waiting 5 months for my last one with no options!

Probably my one ;-) No seriously mine is now in the UK :whew: :whew: :whew: :whew:

Shame actually because I took existing Yeti to liverpool last week, when I took my son to watch the match, sorry Swansea ;-)

BR

Jerry

Don't worry too much about the build date. We had a VW "confirmed" build date (VW UP!) of WK 8 (w/c today 18/2) but car was build 2 weeks ago and is now "in transit".

OK mine took a month from this date if it helps to arrive in the UK. I'm guessing then two weeks from now till delivery.

BR

Jerry

Hi vegit8,

Cheers

Added... Can I have the actual (or thereabouts) order date - it helps to calculate the lead time to delivery.

Build Dates can be useful, most yetis that I know of have been delivered within 2-3 weeks of their build. Ours sat at Emden for a week waiting for a boat, but was still just 3 weeks from build to delivery!

Once you have a confimed build week it rarely goes away from that, they have been known to get closer however.

Steel Grey is a great colour, even with all the road dirt around at the moment the car still looks clean, more than can be said of our white Citigo!

One more for the list as we've only just had the initial build week through in the last few days:

Yeti L&K

TDI CR 140 4x4 DSG

Steel Grey

Spare Wheel Option

12 Speaker Upgrade

Tyre Pressure Monitor

Rough Road Package

Mudflaps (don't know if these are factory fitted or at the dealers?!)

Build Week 15- I estimate delivery perhaps mid-May?

Apologies if I should be posting this elsewhere but just seen the above post!

Hi Guys,

Brief update Dealer (Garland Skoda) helped greatly for me and managed to get my car registered before the dreaded 13 number plate. Wooohoooo so I avoided the 13 number plate ;-) Anyway I'll keep you informed when it arrives. I hope this will be in the next few weeks now, but who cares I won't be driving the equivalent of car equivalent of the "Doomed"....

Best Regards

JeZ

Hi Everyone,

I ordered an L&K 170 in Rosso Brunello (TPM, Towbar Prep and Spare) on 8th Feb. I was expecting to get a delivery date end of May. Dealer contacted me today, to say they had been told it will arrive, with them, mid April.

This surprised me, as I have not been pressing the dealer for quick delivery. I was at pains to assure him I understood the issues of car manufacture - batch production, the supply problems of small number high spec components like top end DAB radios/sat navs, etc etc.

Maybe the reduced demand/sales in the European market means we Brits are moving up the queue.

Regards

Silverhead

Hi Everyone,

I ordered an L&K 170 in Rosso Brunello (TPM, Towbar Prep and Spare) on 8th Feb. I was expecting to get a delivery date end of May. Dealer contacted me today, to say they had been told it will arrive, with them, mid April.

This surprised me, as I have not been pressing the dealer for quick delivery. I was at pains to assure him I understood the issues of car manufacture - batch production, the supply problems of small number high spec components like top end DAB radios/sat navs, etc etc.

Maybe the reduced demand/sales in the European market means we Brits are moving up the queue.

Regards

Silverhead

That's exactly the reason. I have the same on the expected early delivery with the wife's VW Up on order. Anyway, good news all round.

Hi vegit8 and everyone

Please put our order on the database.

In imminent expectation of a delivery for 1st March after ordering our green (malachite, not environmentally friendly) 140 diesel automatic SE+ 4x4 (ORB, tow bar, elec screen/seats, spare wheel) end October from David Ian, Morecambe.

Recently advised it's 'in the country' after latest build given was week 3, but DI are still filtering delivery Feb despatches to their showroom.

Perhaps not so oddly last year we were advised there might be a choice of reg year nos between '13' and last year's '62' continuing into 2013 as an option for a suspected sizable minority being superstitious of buying a '13' reg car. (apparently some won't even buy a car where the digits add up to 13 or show '666'). But very recently we read DVLA were not pandering to that one - so with a green and '13' car, I guess we'll solidly be in the "2-percenters" of colour poll ratings and popularity - but hey, we'll not be alone.

Thanks everyone for a great site - super chit-chat and a lot of really useful experience/information.

GeoffCk