Move&Fun or PID

tda2806

Six weeks, that is impressive. Went to our local dealer yesterday and was told that orders placed last week are showing week 36 build with delivery in second half of September!

Estimated 6 weeks, firmer date to follow, perhaps we should start a delivery thread as found on other forums.

Thanks.

Just about ok for me Sept, although unloading my current car may need to be sooner. Tyres, tax, MOT all due.

Mick

Six weeks, that is impressive. Went to our local dealer yesterday and was told that orders placed last week are showing week 36 build with delivery in second half of September!

I was told that expected delivery of our 3 door 60 elegance should be mid July when I ordered 2 weeks ago.

Was also told that they would not be starting to build the 5 door for a couple of months. ?

Had a quick check and there are a good handful of SE and Elegance models including some 5 doors avaiable immediately (transport company permitting), numerous colours and some with varying spec.

The 5 door should have gone in to full production last week, it's the ASG's that are not being built for a couple of months.

just with the hamlet you get the cheesy 80s adverts :)

And with the Cubans you obviously get a larger bottom which girates to music ! ;)

How did we get from PID manuals to cigars and wiggly women?? :think:

Slightly off topic :rofl:

:D so if I wondered if I would get a cigar on collection, would that help?

Too much to hope for a wiggly woman?:giggle:

OK I know... The norty corner beckons

I feel I must pass comment as I started this thread. :rofl:

btw has anyone looked at the manual?

Yup. I have it as a PDF. Thanx for the link :)

Loads of stuff to play with in that little box of tricks. The satnav has a bucketload of features. I doubt my daughter will use any but the get me from here to here though?

The Bluetooth interface is comprehensive too. :)

The trip computer is well laid out and all on one screen, unlike most in dash jobs, so it should be easy to read and use.

As I said elsewhere, I had a quick play with the unit fitted to the car I test drove, and found it intuitive to use and even with my old mans eyesight, easy to read?

I like it :)

Yup. I have it as a PDF. Thanx for the link :)

Loads of stuff to play with in that little box of tricks. The satnav has a bucketload of features. I doubt my daughter will use any but the get me from here to here though?

The Bluetooth interface is comprehensive too. :)

The trip computer is well laid out and all on one screen, unlike most in dash jobs, so it should be easy to read and use.

As I said elsewhere, I had a quick play with the unit fitted to the car I test drove, and found it intuitive to use and even with my old mans eyesight, easy to read?

I like it :)

CFB,

Did you try using the satnav ? Early reviews complain about a terrible refresh rate, meaning you can miss turns, but from a recent video on You Tube it looks like a software update has fixed this. I''d be interested to hear your view.

Thank you.

Little demo of the tester using the phone functions on the PID in this video:

Think the car looks pretty good in the red/black combo. Wonder whether we'll get a Citigo Monte Carlo eventually?

CFB,

Did you try using the satnav ? Early reviews complain about a terrible refresh rate, meaning you can miss turns, but from a recent video on You Tube it looks like a software update has fixed this. I''d be interested to hear your view.

Thank you.

I didn't set a route, but there was one in progress on the unit when we started off from the forecourt. The salesmen had been playing earlier in the day.

We had to follow the route for a bit as it is the only way out of the estate where the dealer is.

AFAIR the instructions were in good time, clear and I didn't notice any difference in performance between this and my usual garmin Zumo.

I do know that early navigon units (before PiD) did suffer from poor refresh rates but that was a few years ago though.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked ours up on monday.

the dealer had fitted the Pid and the box was in the boot.

Open the box!

USB cable and a voucher code for 2 years map and software updates for £20 (normally £100) inside. :)

i guess you'll find out when yours arrives.

according to the blurb you have to redeem the voucher within 30 days of the Pid being turned on for first time and before 31/12/13

Thanks for putting up the manual pdf, tda2806.

If you look at the manual for the VW Maps + More, which I was directed to from the VW up! Owners Club Forums:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/common/Download/Manual/PNA/MapsMore/maps_x_more_UK.pdf

it is virtually identical (by which I mean literally, word for word) to the Move & Fun manual, except that there is an extra section 11.6, on pages 99-104, about the "Think Blue. Trainer". This is a series of screens that give you various targets for gear changing, accelerating, braking etc to teach you to drive for economy.

This is accessed from the Car Info screen, and I was wondering - is it just not there on the Move & Fun, or is it there and not mentioned in the manual? If it's not there, I wonder what the possibility would be of activating the functionality?

Can anybody who's already got one comment at all? (My Citigo comes on 1st Sep.)