K04 converted Octavia VRS - lots of mods **SOLD**

muckipup

My new Octavia VRS will be arriving soon which means it is time for me to part company with my current modified and K04 converted Octavia TFSI VRS on a 57 plate in black magic pearlescent paint.

The car has just under 84,000 miles but has had a new K04 turbo and clutch (and Quaife LSD) between 50 and 60k. It has been fully looked after and serviced by JKM. A recent service also included a health check and a compression test on cylinders showed almost 'as new' results. The gearbox is also fine as confirmed when the clutch/Quaife was fitted. Body work is excellent although shows signs of mild road rash that would be expected on an 84k car. The interior is also in great condition; it has jumbo box with dual zone climate control and heated front seats. This car has been meticulously looked after and serviced. I would be happy for an independent health check.

Modification on the car are:

• Full K04 conversion with Revo software
  • Quaife ATB diff
  • Sachs clutch (fitted with new flywheel)
  • APR HPFP (been on for last 30k miles)
  • RS4 fuel valve
  • ITG cold air intake
  • Twintercooler
  • Porsche 4-pot front brake calipers with RS4-2 pads
  • Pipewerx downpipe (200 cel cat) with Piper cat-back exhaust
  • Eibach RARB
  • WALK and poly torque arm insert
  • Koni FSDs with Eibach springs
  • Goodyear Eagle Asymetric 2 tyres (plenty left on the rears although fronts will need changed in a few months)
  • 'Blackened' headlamp units
  • Alloys professionally refurbished to a dark anthracite colour

It is taxed and MOT'd to end July but I may end up putting another 6 months on it myself and getting it MOT'd. The earliest I can present the car for MOT is 28 June.

The car has all the usual VRS options plus Maxidot, jumbo box with dual zone climate and spare wheel.

DSC_3162.JPG

DSC_3143.JPG

DSC_3139.JPG

DSC_3161.JPG

DSC_3157.JPG

DSC_3149.JPG

DSC_3148.JPG

DSC_3165.JPG

February rolling road day showed 328 bhp on JKMs rollers:

RRDay%252011Feb12.jpg

The car has been absolutely perfect. The only troble that I EVER had with it was when a HPFP with Autotech internals failed thus the APR HPFP and the usual failing coil pack which was swapped immediately.

I have not seen a second had TFSI VRS with similar mileage advertised for less than £5500 (unless there was a problem) and most seem to go for around the £6k mark. Additionally, the modifications listed above must be at least £6000 and that is not counting labour costs for fitting. I am looking for £7500 £7000 o.v.n.o. for the car with all these modifications. I think this represents a great bargain for anyone in the market for this!

I say o.v.n.o. because offers that are much less than this will mean that it is more cost-effective for me to return the car to standard and sell the modifications separately. I would hate to do this as the car is simply stunning in its current state. Therefore, please note, I would like to give the car a chance to sell in its current state and am not looking for offers on any of the modifications/parts separately from the sale of the car at this stage; that may come in the next 3 or 4 weeks if I have not had a buyer for the car.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Might want to stick some non mod boring stuff in there Dave - tax, MOT, whether all the standard kit is included, climate, stereo etc.

And I can probably borrow 4k off my Dad so there's a fall back plan for you :)

Might want to stick some non mod boring stuff in there Dave - tax, MOT, whether all the standard kit is included, climate, stereo etc.

And I can probably borrow 4k off my Dad so there's a fall back plan for you :)

Good point Tim :happy:

My original post will be amended.

very very nice car i will spk to the better half when i get home from work if she likes wants i will put a deposit on this tonight !!!!

lovely well modded car

Wow, that was quick and thanks for the interest! The car is well known on this forum and there are a lot of folks on Briskoda and Mk5gti.co.uk who can vouch for me and the car. I also think JKM will be happy to confirm everything that I mentioned in my ad.

This car really is a delight to own and a pleasure to drive; so much so that I am getting another VRS and doing it all again!!

Good luck with the other half :thumbup:

Nice spec :) if it was an estate I could have been tempted but do like the 4x4 octavia :p

In fact other than the intake, exhaust and cooling its the same spec I have just put into a VX220 - running 375bhp though, great engine! In sub 900kg and RWD it will be a bit special

Good luck with the sale

DG

Cheers, it really is a great car. Sure there is some mileage on it but the K04, clutch and Quaife have only done about 30k. I wrote elsewhere that I am making a loss versus selling the mods and a standard car because i would love to see it go 'as is'. In fact, I am asking for £2k more than the lowest price I have seen for a standard car of this age/miles....the Quaife and clutch alone cost nearly that never mind the other mods!!

However, the reality is that we see more cars getting stripped back and sold as standard than sold 'mods and all'. Oh well.

Great car and great price. GLWTS

For some reason people want to buy the mods but dont want to buy a modded car. Which is crazy because as a buyer you are in a win win situation and as the seller you make the biggest loss.

I dont get it but reality is you might have to go back to standard just to sell it - madness.

P.S. if you were a little closer I would be seriously considering this. I susspect a test drive would make my mind up 100%. As it is know i'm semi considering it, lol.

duncan can spend a day in your garage please lol you have got some bits of kit !!!

yeah the 330d is the one not to much power and nice to drive the 335 is a bit to much of a beast !!

Which garage :) have 3 lol - its more of a hobbie / obsession and not my full time job just lucky to have good friends and contacts which further fuels my madness

I just have issues and always feel the need to build something a bit diferent. Hence why I put the Audi TT 20V turbo lump in my old Renault 5 turbo many years ago (great car and more than 100 laps of the ring and never missed a beat, or at Spa, the euro trips and load of uk track days. was also daily drive for work, always made the office smile seeing the boss getting out of a caged R5 in a suit) best time BTG was 8:31 suspect I would go quicker now if I still had it, managed a 8:03 few years back in my VX with Astra VXR / 6 speed conversion and few DG tweaks

Have a lot of VX220 fun going on and custom parts which I test on the RR and next year is a big one for me as finally going to fit the RS4 V8 into my VX220 even though I am a turbo boy should be interesting and sound great, maybe I will measure the RS6 (older V8 twin turbo)

The race car is out this year also caterham 7 style car which I put the SR20DET engine and box in and detuned to 600bhp per ton

Do love machining stuff from solid alloy billet :D - maybe when I get time......if I ever get time...will do a thread with some links to some of my work

Oh and of course have the octavia 4x4's

DG

Sorry for the slightly off topic reply, hope it sells soon. Great buy imo

Good luck with the sale.

It makes me sad to think that you're only selling the car as is for £7500, what an absolute steal for someone. Definitely confirms my plans to keep mine and run it into the ground to make the most out of my investment in the mods.

Dave if this was still available in Novemeber i would take this off your hands!!!!! The Fabias going because i need a bigger car. to be fair i wish i never sold mine.

typical lol

To be honest Sy, it may still be here in November with the way things are going. I have been listening to a friend today who thinks that I should stop being an old man, SORN it and track it!...problem is that I have never had track day tuition and I drive like an old man!

Good luck with the sale.

It makes me sad to think that you're only selling the car as is for £7500, what an absolute steal for someone. Definitely confirms my plans to keep mine and run it into the ground to make the most o ut of my investment in the mods.

Harry, I feel that we have been through this together with the k04 stuff....the only difference being that my engine is as sweet as a nut and you blew yours up. Lol

Seriously Harry, my new car arrived on Saturday and despite being standard and shiny and new and unmodded, I still want to jump in the older K04 TFSI on my driveway....it is just a tonne of fun! With hindsight, I have made a big mistake and you clearly have more brains than me...l should have thought about running this car for a long time yet given the investment. I can say with all honesty that you are definitely doing the right thing with yours!!

I am taking the new TSI car in for a K04 conversion in two weeks. Currently it is tame, quiet, refined and as dull as ditch water compared to the TFSI. The mods are nearly identical but I will hang on to this car until the wheels fall off...I am not making the same mistake twice by selling a car for a fraction of the cost of the investment!

Mine isn't the only one to f*ck itself over. Simon's car went bang too, but he now has an S3 engine, and a GT3071R turbo to go with it LMFAO. Jealous doesn't cut it.

If I were in your shoes, without doubt I'd go bigger than k04. Been there, done that. I'd rather spend the money on an existing car than lose thousands, and yet again spend more thousands for the same outcome, only with a newer motor. Your choice though mate.

Shame my mod fund has run a bit dry, as I'd be next to step up to the plate and go big turbo (BT) in the quest for 500bhp :)

Enjoy the new car, I think the FLs look nearly as mean as a matte black pre-FL ;)