Space for 2 kids in vRS? Pics please-Persuade me to keep the car!

Evening

Out of interest has anyone on here with a Fabia vRS Hatchback got two kids? I have this suspision that it will be to small.

How is it for room with a newborn babyseat in the back(Does the front seat need to move forward substantially) and how is the boot for space with a buggy etc?

Were looking at having another young un in the next year or so, and considering this car was only a temporary stand in, it might pay for me to trade in sooner rather than later, if its not going to be up to the job.

Evening

Out of interest has anyone on here with a Fabia vRS Hatchback got two kids? I have this suspision that it will be to small.

How is it for room with a newborn babyseat in the back(Does the front seat need to move forward substantially) and how is the boot for space with a buggy etc?

Were looking at having another young un in the next year or so, and considering this car was only a temporary stand in, it might pay for me to trade in sooner rather than later, if its not going to be up to the job.

I don't have kids myself (yet) but I have ferried a mate and his sprogs about in mine and was all groovy - nice to know seeing as I got the estate with just myself, misses and the dog in the car :)

Two baby seats fit with my seat far enough back - 6' 2'' and my dad fits in with a young kid/teenager behind - he's 6' 7'' ex rugby player lol

There will be more room in the boot of mine, not sure if leg space is identical to the hatch and estate.

I think i might have taken a step over the edge here. Ive had a few instances where ive needed/wanted more space(I came from an OCtavia vRS) and this car was only meant to vbe for the year until i got back from Afghan. Well im back from Afghanistan soon....

Im looking at all sorts of different motors now. Mazda 3/6 MPS, Meganne R26, Mk1 Focus RS, EVOs, Prodrive Imprezas. Pretty much anything thats larger and has potential for 280-300Hp on stock turbos, but also has either AWD or a LSD are on my radar right now. All will free me up with about 4-5k cash for mods. And thats before i sell any of the stuff on my car which of course would be sold stock.

I guess this means that the whole tuning project while never be completed the way it was meant to? It's a real pitty because I think even If many of us will never probably go further than a stage 1 remap, It was most interesting reading your adventures on the vrs plus you backed up nicely most steps you took, providing useful tips as to how one should go about serious but also proper power increase in these engines... Hope I'm wrong of course!

The tuning project will be complete. APR have my car until Novemeber as im out of the country, so all works will be complete. Ill just strip out.

Ive made my decision now. The car will go as soon as im back. Im going to budget £6000 for a car, £3000 for mods and the rest of my savings towardsa a house.

So start saving gentleman. There will be a hybrid, intercooler/rad, intake, coilovers, engine mounts, a big brake kit all for sale.

Also i have a deat OEM downpipe that i will swap(with cash) fora stock downpipe.

I have got two kids and use a mixture of boosters and full on seats in the back with no real issues, only minor point is the buckles are a bit difficult to get to with the seats in place, but the kids can manage it. Doubt that you would manage two kids and an adult in the middle, but maybe a third child.

Not tried a buggy in the boot of the hatch as got rid of them before getting the vRS. Buggy did fit in the back of the mk1 estate, just going to depend on the actual buggy and all the other stuff you have to carry with a baby. Only real way is to try but seems you've made your decision.

Not a VRS but standard Fabia with two kids in seats, lots of room in the back. Much better than the S60 Volvo I had before.

I am 6'2" and even with maxi cosi isofix baby carrier system it worked.

Remember the Fabia and all Skodas are built for eastern european markets, people dont have as much cash so they are built to be one size bigger.

Next size of car up does not always mean bigger in the back.

I regularly pick up my two grandkids ( 8 & 5) from son's ex partner. Plenty of room in rear with kids in booster. I've had daughter + 3yr old GS+15 year old GD in the rear, with no problems. Only problem comes with pushchair- Furby boot is almost too small for a proper pushchair, unless you can take whhel off pushchair. But then I'm old school- anyone try to fit three kids ( from months old to eight years old) plus a small GS + pushchair & kiddy bits into a Maxi( almost same size as a BMW Mini) .

Surely a focus rs and Megane r26 wouldn't give you anymore space then the vrs???? Our vrs is plenty big enough and can still get plenty of bags in the boot along with the buggy.

Do what I did. Buy a Roomster. Unfortunatelly rear seats (type, space, etc) in estate are identical to hatch. Simply estate offers more boot space.

Me

Height 192 cm, weight ~97Kg

Wife

Height 160cm, weight ~50Kg

Kids

Two males 5 and 2.5 yo

Cars

Octavia MK1 Hatch (traded)

Two by Britax First Class Si and wife was almost sitting between them. Her shoulder had to be against baby seat's side.

Son's feet was pushing my seat's back (3 yo)

Baby son's seat was fitted backwards. Passenger's and baby's seats were in touch.

Boot was able to fit a foldable stroller and a summer stroller plus luggages.

Fabia MK1 Hatch (traded)

Two by Britax First Class Si. No way to sit between them. Not even a kitten could.

Son's feet was pushing my seat's back (3 yo)

Baby son's seat was fitted backwards. Passenger's and baby's seats seats were in touch.

Boot hardly was abe to fit foldable stroller.

Roomster

Two by Britax First Class Si. Wife was able to sit between them better than in Octavia.

One by Britax First Class Si and one by Britax Roemer KidFix Sict. Wife can sit between them just as above

Soon to be two by Britax Roemer KidFix Sict. Time will show, but I think it will be less possible to sit between them except if rear seats are going to be placed one full back and one full front. I bet on Varioflex.

Both child seats are facing forward. No one can reach driver's or passanger's seat's back. Plenty of room and plenty of light due to big rear windows.

Boot was able (currently we don't use any) to fit a foldable stroller and a summer stroller and luggages. Varioflex is great!!

Pics

Britax First Class Si britax-first-class-si-car-seat-city-silver.jpg

Britax Roemer KidFix Sict britax-kidfix-sict-seat-colour-15769-12146_medium.jpg

Foldable Stroller Baby_Stroller.jpg

Summer Stroller chicco-stroller-blue-utah-slc.jpg

Edited by stratosg

There is not a chance of me buying a roomster. I do around 10-12 trackdays a year normally and also like to modify my cars to work well on track and make good power. I dont think the roomster will cut the mustard there!!! I always go for hot hatches/saloons.

Surely a focus rs and Megane r26 wouldn't give you anymore space then the vrs???? Our vrs is plenty big enough and can still get plenty of bags in the boot along with the buggy.

They are a bigger car, even if it is only marginal. The Fabia is a super mini, the meganne/focus are medium sized hatchbacks. Im also looking at others cars which are bigger as well.

That said, when i bought the car(read my initial reviews) this car was an impulse purchase, completely off the cuff, and only planned on having it for about a year.

Plus with the discount i got on the vRS, ill only have lost out about £1500 in depreciation over 18 months, which is more than acceptable IMO, and the capital it frees up is going to a house purchase. I fancy a change from the VAG scene.

There is not a chance of me buying a roomster. I do around 10-12 trackdays a year normally and also like to modify my cars to work well on track and make good power. I dont think the roomster will cut the mustard there!!! I always go for hot hatches/saloons.

They are a bigger car, even if it is only marginal. The Fabia is a super mini, the meganne/focus are medium sized hatchbacks. Im also looking at others cars which are bigger as well.

That said, when i bought the car(read my initial reviews) this car was an impulse purchase, completely off the cuff, and only planned on having it for about a year.

Plus with the discount i got on the vRS, ill only have lost out about £1500 in depreciation over 18 months, which is more than acceptable IMO, and the capital it frees up is going to a house purchase. I fancy a change from the VAG scene.

Go EVO :rock:

Oh! Sorry I didn't know it. Then yes Roomster definetly is not for you.

Fair enough and as you say the car was temporary. I may have my eye on a few pieces so I'll keep an eye on the For Sale section.

BossFox's Yeti handled well at Castle Combe. That might be worth a look