VRS TSI - Zero to K04 (and more!) in 3 weeks

muckipup

My new toy arrived last weekend - a new TSI VRS in candy white which will eventually replace my TFSI VRS which also is a K04 convert. Here is a picture of the happy couple and a few of the new car

DSC_3511.JPGDSC_3474.JPG

DSC_3475.JPGDSC_3482.JPG

Got black Neptune alloys as an option:

DSC_3477.JPGDSC_3488.JPG

...and alcantara black/red interior:

DSC_3489.JPGDSC_3493.JPG

Modding plans:

K04, Revo software, Blueflame turbo back exhaust, Quaife ATB diff, Sachs clutch, ITG intake, Airtec intercooler, Bilstein B12 kit, Porsche 4-pot calipers, THS engine mounts and a bit of cosmetic stuff.

So on to the modding....

• Like 2

After 20mins on the driveway it was clear that the chrome grille surround had to go so that was in to the garage and the following day...

DSC_3474.JPGDSC_3518.JPG

Badges courtesy of Pastyboy on here:

DSC_3519.JPGDSC_3529.JPG

On Monday morning it was down to the tyre fitters to swap the tyres from the black Neptunes for Ronal R41s

DSC_3479.JPG  DSC_3527.JPG  

Maybe not everyones cup of tea but it works for me.

Still to come this weekend, sill protectors on rear doors, adventurous eh?

Still in the garage is a Blueflame turbo back exhaust, Quaife ATB diff, Airtec intercooler, ITG intake, Bilstein B12 kit, Porsche 4-pot calipers :happy:

Going to drive it for another week or so to make sure everything is running tickety boo and then it is booked in to JKM for some serious stuff.

welcome to the TSI club Muckipup, theres a lot of us white TSI VRS on here now, lol

ps, are you going to do mirrors etc black to match grill and wheels?

Edited by daz_pd

are you going to do mirrors etc black to match grill and wheels?

I think I will need to see a few before I do that. At the moment I am not too convinced. I have always liked the idea of car that looks nearly OEM but with a surprise under the bonnet ;)

Folks, my car is still going in next week but forgive me if I do not update this thread as often as I would wish....my 19 year old son died yesterday. I hope you can understand my priorities.

Thanks chaps, it has been pretty awful.

The details are still sketchy but it appears that he was at an end of term party and took something which is described as 'a legal high' and had a massive physiological reaction to it. So, if anything positive can come from this, it is for anyone else with kids who think that just because something is legal that it is safe. If you hear any kid saying that, feel free to direct them to me and I will describe what the aftermath can look like!

I was going to comment on your lovely interior and grille, but holly cow, what a shock about your son, I cannot imagine the grief you are feeling now, my dads sudden death was a shocker but a son only that age , my girls are both at uni 19 and 21, my heartfelt deepest sympathies go out to you and your family