TFSI k04 OEMplus

mark_eire

Thanks lads, Darren, don't think I'll ever get it finished, always something on the list to do next!!

Then, when I have it how I want, I'll get bored and change it for a Golf R or mk3 vRS!!

I decided to try my 8mm H&R spacer's on the rear again yesterday, wasn't happy with the stance on the new wheel's, they are sitting perfectly now with them fitted, well in my eye's anyway!! 

I Made the trip today to the annual VAGE show and shine in Fermoy, Co. Cork, great day, weather was a bit dodgy this morning, but was a great sunny afternoon!

IMG_2029_zpscf7f6646.jpg

IMG_2031_zps474589bf.jpg

IMG_2036_zpsee431cac.jpg

IMG_2035_zpse0f6df6f.jpg

IMG_2015_zpscc7cc82c.jpgIMG_2020_zps89c2023f.jpgIMG_2032_zps1e1ab346.jpg

Won 2nd best in all Skoda class, happy with that considering apart from the exterior, I never bothered to clean the engine bay or interior, wasn't going to enter at all as when I seen the rain, I was expecting to head home early!

Nice to get some recognition, first in class was a very very clean oem+ tuned Fabia vRS, 

IMAG1686_zps8e33e701.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't been happy with the Audi centre caps on the new 19's, so I was trying to sort a way to change them,
The only problem is they are the same caps as I had before on my BBS CH028's, they are impossible to find another cap that will fit them, I had to get resin BBS stickers for my other wheels, this time though, I used an old set of oem Audi centre caps from a different set of Audi wheel's I had a while back, removed the Audi logo from them

IMAG1736_zps5ba6c843.jpg

I ordered a set of resin Skoda stickers on eBay a while back, 

IMAG1738_zps4003daa6.jpg

They are 60mm so they fit perfectly inside the chrome ring on the Audi centre caps

IMAG1739_zps7008b652.jpg

IMAG1739_zps7008b652.jpgIMAG1740_zps4ab2aac8.jpgIMAG1744_zps1805c598.jpgIMAG1750_zpscb1dcdaf.jpg

All done, they fit perfectly and you would never know they weren't oem caps even up close!
Pictures fitted on my filthy car...

IMAG1752_zpsd9d7debc.jpg

IMAG1756_zpse9cbc883.jpgIMAG1759_zpse9109002.jpg

I seen my first mk3 vRS a few days ago in work, really nice interior but the look's I'm still unsure of, I'm looking forward to seeing the hatch...

IMAG1717_zps6fe85c73.jpg

IMAG1713_zps3b50cec1.jpg

IMAG1711_zps4906a0a9.jpg

IMAG1709_zpsfcada1d3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have come to a bit of a standstill on the car recently, I'm being made redundant from my job at Christmas, so have had other things on my mind tbh!

I decided to cheer myself up today and make a full list of the car factory spec. and modifications on it....

Factory:

Dual Climate Control

Maxidot

Cruise Control

Jumbo Box

Rear Electric Windows

Rear Parking Sensors

Xenon Headlights

Auto Lights/Wipers

TPMS

Factory Alarm

Performance Modifications:

K04 Turbo

S3 Injectors

RS4 Red Coil Packs

Autotech Uprated Fuel Pump

Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System

Neuspeed Intercooler Hose

Forge Twintercooler

Evoms Intake System

VF Dogbone Mount

Rev G DV

Revo SPS+

Chassis:

Seat Cupra 345mm Brakes with Custom Golf R Pad Clips With vRS Logo

Aluminium Wishbones with S3 Bushes

H&R Twintube Coilovers

OEM+ Additions:

FL Climatronic Panel

OEM Rear LED Tail Lights

OEM Bluetooth

Columbus Navigation with v9 maps

Honeycomb Upper And Lower Grilles

Colour Coded Grille

Audi S Line Gearknob

Polar FIS+ Advanced

Superb Cat Vision Interior Light

Polo Stubby Antenna

OEM Rubber Mats

OEM Rubber Boot Liner

Wheel's & Spacers:

OEM Octavia Zenith 7.5x18 ET51

OEM Audi Calera 8.5x19 ET48, custom Skoda caps

Genuine BBS CH028 8x18 ET43, custom red BBS caps

H&R Various Spacers depending what wheel's fitted

8mm, 10mm, 2x15mm, 20mm DRA

Other Modifications:

Blackvue 380G HD Dash Cam

Number Plate LEDs

Stainless vRS Seat Inserts

Stainless vRS Footrest

Black Coolant and Washer Caps

Overall, this give's a really nice car with 324BHP and just over 300lb/ft on tap, 

The car has 140k miles on it now and is as fresh as the day it came out of the showroom!

Hopefully I can get a new job close to home as I'd hate to have to sell this if I have a long commute everyday....

Anyway that's all for now, car is back in winter mode now, with the BBS fitted once again, not winter tyre's but the 19's would be a nightmare on Irish roads in the winter tbh.

Here's a quick old picture of how it's looking now

IMAG0955_zpse8621d08.jpg

feel your pain mate, I had the exact same thing happen to me, Im back in part time work, but funds for mods are non existant, especially with kids in the house at this time of year!
hope you get sorted, really love that car though! did you have many further plans for it?

Thanks lads, yeah I'm hoping to get sorted with a new job soon after Christmas, 

Had some minor plans but nothing too drastic, hopefully I'll get to them in the future at some stage!!

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got a chance to get the car into winter mode recently.

Back on the BBS again, got some new Hankook ventus S1 evo2 front tyres

I have some other bit's I'd like to get, but waiting to hear when I'm starting my new job before spending anymore money!

Other than that, it will be serviced next weekend and getting a new cam follower fitted.

IMAG2077_zps7302a31f.jpg

IMAG2072_zps0adca62c.jpg

IMAG2074_zpsf59cea27.jpg

This is the first car I've had in a long time that I'm not bored with after a few month's, still loving every minute of it.

I was afraid I'd have to sell it in the new year if I got a job with too much of a commute, but it's looking good on that front now!!

• Like 1

looking good Mark, glad you are sorted with employment too, not too bad a wait!
Have you looked into the revised Revo map for your car, you should consider it when you fancy doing something, lots of good reports on it.

Thanks a lot fella's,

John, I'm contemplating squeezing some more power from it, but it has 140k miles on it now, and if I do get it mapped for more power I'll probably need a new uprated clutch and possibly an LSD too, not sure if I want to put that kind of money into it at the moment!

I've a new job starting in early January, so decided to spend a few quid on more than just this   :D

OEM Porsche oil cap

IMAG2136_zps0561684a.jpg

IMAG2139_zps4a750d49.jpg

Look's much tidier than the original.

I also bought this VF engineering adjustable short shift.

I tried it in both setting's, but with the missus driving the car the odd time, I left it at the easiest setting, it's still miles shorter than the oem shift, and is shorter than the TTS short shift I had on my other vRS in the past.

IMAG2144_zpsff9c9998.jpg

Really make's a nice difference.

I had to get a new Revo SPS switch recently too.

Sent my old one over to the UK as it stopped working properly, turned out it needed a repair, so instead I ordered a new one at a reduced rate from Revo HQ,

IMAG2099_zps055d83b0.jpg

IMAG2097_zps52935f12.jpg

Great bit of kit....

I have some other thing's lined up in the new year also, getting the car data logged in January so will see how it's going then

While I was at it, I decided to replace my wife's car and get her a nice Christmas present, she deserve's it!!

Her old 2004 A4 Avant Sport

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

The new car!

2007 VW Touran 1.4 TSI DSG 140bhp Highline

I was looking to get a 2.0 TDI Sport, however, here in Ireland the TSI was a big seller due to the lower tax as all cars were taxed based on their CC up until 2008, after that it was based on C02, so now diesel car's are more popular.

Here, in 2007 the Highline was the top of the range model, there was never a Sport version released in Ireland.

Anyway, back to this!

The spec on it was such, that I had to buy it, I'd find it very hard to get one like it again!

79k kms (approx 50k miles)

DSG gearbox with sport and winter mode's

Leather interior with heated seats

Sunroof

Bi-Xenon headlights

Dual climate control

Highline MFD

Cruise control

Rear PDC

Factory tints from B pillar

Auto lights/wiper's

Auto dim mirror

17'' wheels

Basically every extra possible apart from front PDC and MFSW, but I'm working on those!!

Here's a quick pic

IMAG2102_zpsacbbae00.jpg

IMAG2100_zps6e7f6624.jpg

IMAG2103_zpse536ebf1.jpg

Was a great surprise yesterday, car sitting at the front door with a big bow on it, my missus is still in shock tbh!! LOL 

In the good book's for a long time now hopefully!

So far, I've already bought a version C LED RNS 510, a MFSW DSG paddle steering wheel, highline steering control module, MFSW airbag loom and some new replacement interior trim as the car has a few war wound's from the previous owner's children!!

Other than that it will be probably a Fiscon BT kit and some tidying for now......
  • Like 3

Is yours essentially a stage 1 K04 the Mark? I would have said you're running at least stage 2 mods and you'd get a fair amount more power.

My clutch (at 372 lb ft) seems to be holding up ok at 82k. The car would benefit from a diff but with a linear throttle and power delivery it's not essential.

It's running Revo stage 2+ software John, however it has been running k04 since 2009, so I'm sure the newer Revo software would yield much better result's than what they achieved back then, the car was specifically setup to run with torque around 300lb/ft by the previous owner, he wasn't keen on having spiked power delivery, but I know the newer map's would get much higher than 320ish BHP from the supporting mods on this one, 

I'm getting the car data logged in the new year by a Revo dealer in NI, so if there is any scope to improve it's capability's then, I'll give it a go....

It's running Revo stage 2+ software John, however it has been running k04 since 2009, so I'm sure the newer Revo software would yield much better result's than what they achieved back then, the car was specifically setup to run with torque around 300lb/ft by the previous owner, he wasn't keen on having spiked power delivery, but I know the newer map's would get much higher than 320ish BHP from the supporting mods on this one,

I'm getting the car data logged in the new year by a Revo dealer in NI, so if there is any scope to improve it's capability's then, I'll give it a go....

It should do Mark - am I right in thinking that most Stage 1 K04 cars are somewhere between 305 and 315bhp? I'm pretty sure that's what R Tech are seeing and Russ at MCC had a stage 1 ED30 dyno'd at 310. R Tech recently gave a stage 2 map to an 8P S3 that saw 344bhp - I have to admit I was pretty chuffed at the 320 my hybrid K03 (should that be a K03.5?) was putting out.

Yeah that was a good result, I have to say though, I'm really happy with how the car goes and the way it's setup, the dyno run of 324bhp was on JKM's roller which is meant to be a tough test for any car, so I'm unsure how it would perform on another dyno.

I'll see how the data logging goes in January, I'm not really too fussed with figure's, but it would be good I suppose to see what it could put out at it's full potential.....

You're right - the numbers aren't important, it's how the car uses the power that is.

Apparently JKM's rollers do under read, I was collecting my car from R Tech on a big RR meet at JKM and Nick was getting inundated with texts and Facebook messages from people whose cars didn't make anywhere near what they were expecting. Apparently there's nothing fundamentally wrong with their dyno but the way the calculations are made for the final figs makes it under read.

Or something....:)

Thanks man!

Here's a few pictures for Darren to show the different boost displays, looks like dead pixel's in the picture's, but it was just the camera!

IMAG1643_zps376956f5.jpg

IMAG1648_zps6e71fe90.jpg

IMAG1651_zpsfec877c0.jpg

How did you get your maxidot to do this?!

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated this in age's, The car is up for sale now.

It will probably be sold without certain part's like OEM LED tail lights, Polar FIS+, short shift, FL climatronic and surround, cat vision interior light, probably the 19'' Audi wheels and BBS CH, there may be other parts, nothing will be available until the car sells and I know what the buyer wants.

Will be sad to see it go, has been a great car and the power is immense but it is wasted recently as I'm working very close to my home now.

• Like 1