TFSI k04 OEMplus

mark_eire

Just read this whole thread and wow. Both cars are gorgeous, hope to see them on the road some day

Thanks man!

Oh, and love the FL climate upgrade. Very neat and judging by your write up, simple to do? Plug and play?

Thanks, yeah it was plug and play, simple mod, but there is no memory on the climate, I think that might be the reason the fitting guide recommends a wire change, when I get into the car now, it is always set at 24deg and air flow to window and drivers face, no matter how you have it set when turning off the car, it will be on that setting when you start up again, not really a problem, just a twist of the knob!!

you can get a few more horses aswell from this when you get bored of power

people getting 360bhp 360ftlb with same setup ;-)

lovely car

Thanks, think I'll be staying where I am power-wise for now, the car is still on it's original clutch from new, and no sign of slipping yet, until I have the funds to upgrade it, power will be staying as is, but good to know more is achievable!!

Bit of a geeky update, but make's the interior look so much better imo!!

I picked up a newer FL climate control panel last week,

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

I also had to order a new dash fascia to fit around the new type climate panel

IMAG1125.jpg

Here is how I started out, the original climate control

IMAG1119.jpg

While I was taking it all out, I decided to fit my Kufatec basic plus kit, the car already had the oem bluetooth kit fitted, but it was the old 729A module and doesn't display on the maxidot screen, I might get a newer 729B module at a later stage, but for now I'm back to my kufatec kit, great job! old pictures from when I fitted it to my old vRS

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

Anyway, back to the climate control!

All removed and kufatec fitted behind where climate control panel fits,

IMAG1120.jpg

New panel fitted

IMAG1140.jpg

Here it is with the new surround

IMAG1141.jpg

Here's the cool part, it displays on the Columbus sat nav screen,

Look's so much better than the old climate panel

IMAG1147.jpg

The guide I read said that there needs to be a wire changed from one feed to another, but I didn't need to do that, straight swap.

The Columbus had to be upgraded from it's original SW to 2764 as most firmware before that won't display on the screen,

When I had upgraded the maxidot was stuck in the Audio/Navigation menu if I clicked into them, it wouldn't come back out unless I turned off the radio, but after upgrading the 27xx fix, it all works perfectly again.

Hey Mark - Where did you pick up the climate control panel & Sat Nav unit??

Cheers

Hey Mark - Where did you pick up the climate control panel & Sat Nav unit??

Cheers

Hi Dave,

I picked up the climate panel on here, but it's just a FL octavia panel, the Columbus nav was one I had the last few years, they can be picked up on eBay etc, it needs to be above a certain firmware to display the climate display on it though.

Ok well, the Helios are now gone, they went to the UK today :sweat: I was thinking about keeping them for the show's etc and maybe running them during the summer, but to be honest, they would be wasted sitting in boxes for most of the year, anyway, I'm happy with the BBS CH's and my 18'' oem Zeniths are in the garage too if I fancy a change, might see if anything nice come's up during the year though!!

I'm waiting for a day off to lower the suspension, but it has settled a lot since the last picture, I can't believe the comfort of the twintubes, they are almost the same in both comfort and even over the speed bumps as the H&R cup kit was with 50mm lowering springs,

Anyway, I got a few better pictures today of the car with the CH's fitted, they are just on my phone, hadn't got the dslr with me.

IMAG0050_zps52300b64.jpg

IMAG0051_zps233e099b.jpg

IMAG0045_zps6f29251e.jpg

Looks great mark - wheels don't look so small in those pics.. :)

Just out of interest, was your cup kit the "comfort" or "sport" spec? IIRC H&R do two specs with different spring/damper ratings.

Thanks Rob, I'm actually really happy how the car is looking on the CHs, a bit lower and ill be chuffed!

The only difference between the comfort and sport H&R kit is the spring as far as I'm aware, the comfort kit comes with -35mm springs whereas the sport has -50mm, I originally had the 35s but changed to the 45/50mm ones on my old vRS, I'm open to correction, but that's what I was told anyway.

I bought a dash cam on the recent group buy here, I never even noticed the GB until j0hn put up picture's of his, it's a Blackvue DR380G HD, to be honest, I had never felt the need to have one, but after looking at reviews and video's uploaded from the same type, I just got it,

IMAG0077_zps8abe87bd.jpg

The kit comes with the camera, mount, 12v cigarette lighter cable, AV in and out cables, 8GB micro SD card, and all the info you need to fit it, I have a few bits organised to mount a new cigarette socket behind the dash to power it, was going to cut off the plug, and wire it directly into the car, but it would be easier to wire it into a socket so it can be moved from car to car if needed,

Really impressed with it, it has GPS so it displays your GPS speed and your location on google maps when you have the video's on playback, I don't really have a whole lot of use for it in reality, I don't do track days, but with all the lunatic's on the road, it may pay for itself someday!!

IMAG0090_zpsdf305181.jpg

IMAG0091_zpsb192a9de.jpg

Here it is mounted, can't be seen behind the rear view mirror, the cable was running down to the cigarette socket, but it will be run along the roof cloth down behind the dash when I have a chance to wire it in properly during the week!

IMAG0083_zps666b880f.jpg

Quick video, it was just fitted so I presume it hadn't picked up any GPS coordinates for speed display!

th_20120725_161136_E_zps637ff6be.jpg

I also got a set of C spanner's, thanks to Keith, during the week to adjust the coilover's,

I went at them yesterday after work, but got caught out by the dark, so didn't get as much time as I wanted to mess around with them, but they are around 15mm lower all round than they were before, fairly happy, but might go a bit lower again, with the baby in the car, it won't be going silly low though, here's a few pic's of how it's sitting today.

c9c64f64-d83d-45f4-80d3-c9021476b57d_zps15428fb0.jpg

3d9b0192-6167-4ba2-bfbd-832c6e3fbc2d_zps9811c691.jpg

5711845e-c213-4cf4-96c3-cbd24524145d_zps45f675ff.jpg

0fdb48d1-7711-4b3f-a1ef-06d6f0ffe1ca_zps0f5a1d83.jpg

IMG_1635_zps019cf6fa.jpg

Will drop it another 10mm during the week, that's all for now!!

• Like 3

Thanks Rob, I was planning to go a bit lower, but might leave it, its still as comfortable as it was on the H&R cup kit, which is a lot better than I was expecting from a coilover setup, its been about 12 years since I had coilovers on my old lancer Evo 3, glad to say they've really come on a lot in comfort since then!!

• 1 month later...

Long time no hear Mark, were you at Dubshed? was looking out for you but didnt see your car anywhere?

Hey Darren, hope you had a good weekend, I was originally planning to go up on Saturday morning, but that changed, so I had the car cleaned and ready to go for Sunday morning, but got dragged to a family party Saturday night and that was the end of the Dubshed plan!!!

I've got a bit of bodywork sorted on the car recently, new windscreen last week also, I've a few bits in the pipeline also so will update this as it come's along

Money has been spent on a house extension and another baby due soon so the car has had to take a back seat the last while!!!

Was gutted I didn't get up to Dubshed in Belfast on Sunday, but had a family party Saturday night, I had the car clean ready to go early Sunday morning, but a combination of a hangover and my wife about to have our 2nd baby, I decided to give it a miss!

Anyway, I had a few things tidied up on the car in the last week getting ready for the show,

first up was a new windscreen, fitted by Autoglass, all good so far!!

Then I got a nasty scratch/dent sorted on the passenger wing, on it from before I bought it

IMAG0468_zpsee982149.jpg

IMAG0492_zps828372a0.jpg

Now

IMAG0563_zps89366508.jpg

IMAG0562_zpsf657507b.jpg

Need to get a replacement passenger side mirror now, didn't get time to get it changed

IMAG0494_zps80a7705a.jpg

I also got another big box off the postman today, he's being good to me lately!!!

IMAG0531_zps5a438704.jpg

A set of OEM Octavia LED tail lights from the Chinese Octavia,

Anyway, more pics!

IMAG0533_zps248ce6b0.jpg

IMAG0535_zps5e5114b9.jpg

IMAG0536_zps9e2d16c5.jpg

New v Old

IMAG0540_zpsda34582f.jpg

IMAG0539_zpsbb8513e2.jpg

IMAG0559_zpsb920720d.jpg

IMAG0545_zps9db81550.jpg

IMAG0541_zps19206b06.jpg

IMAG0546_zpsc266ee90.jpg

IMAG0554_zpsa20caf6f.jpg

Last few pictures for now, some I took a while ago, not the best as there off my phone, but to give an idea at night!

IMAG0570_zps2bee6562.jpg

IMAG0592_zpsbb29bc33.jpg

IMAG0586_zps286496a6.jpg

• Like 3

How low is that there mate? Looks perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for delay getting back to you,

The car is

64cm from ground to arch on rear (33cm from dead centre of wheel to arch)

63cm from ground to arch on front (32.5cm from centre of wheel to arch)

HTH

Sorry for delay getting back to you,

The car is

64cm from ground to arch on rear (33cm from dead centre of wheel to arch)

63cm from ground to arch on front (32.5cm from centre of wheel to arch)

HTH

Thanks Mark, much appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Does look perfect height. Love those BBS (Pescaras are they known as) wheels - I'm toying with the idea of tracking down a pair once I've ticked off some other stuff.

Must admit, I'm not keen on the LED rears but then I prefer the pre-FL normal rears over the FL ones.

Does look perfect height. Love those BBS (Pescaras are they known as) wheels - I'm toying with the idea of tracking down a pair once I've ticked off some other stuff.

Must admit, I'm not keen on the LED rears but then I prefer the pre-FL normal rears over the FL ones.

These aren't Pescara's, the Pescara's came on the ED30 Gti's and are just 7.5in wide, these are the A4 equivalent and are 8in wide with a better offset too!!

I picked up a set of Golf R pad retaining clips a few weeks back for my 345mm calipers, they look much better than the standard small clips,

IMAG0496_zpsbb42547a.jpg

They were actually pretty faded as they had been on a Golf R for a few years and were replaced by the owner for new ones, perfect for what I wanted!!

I got them sprayed silver

IMAG0600_zps076a7b0e.jpg

I also bought a set of high temperature decals on eBay

IMAG0602_zpse982ac71.jpg

IMAG0604_zps91bb36a3.jpg

Old pad clips removed

IMAG0606_zps5d1302c7.jpg

IMAG0612_zpscfbc28f7.jpg

Old clip v new one!

IMAG0608_zpsbc30cf37.jpg

IMAG0613_zps3cc27ad0.jpg

IMAG0610_zps308492a2.jpg