TFSI k04 OEMplus

mark_eire

I will be selling these headlights soon if anyone is interested, a few other bits will be coming off it too, I'll put up a list of available parts next week....

So what's the plan mark - are you selling up? I thought you were just about to put some coilovers on it?!

Thanks Rob!

Well it looks like my current vRS' day's are numbered!!

I had great plans for it, but after another certain k04 vRS came up for sale, I snapped it up and there ends my journey with my '06 vRS!

I rang Michael the second I seen his ad, and over the phone, told him I'd buy it!

Anyway after a spin down to Longford today, I now (for a few days anyway) have a combined vRS bhp total of 583bhp!! :D

Got a few pictures of my 2 vRS' when I got back this evening, the new one is a total wolf in sheeps clothing, 324bhp and an absolute maniac on the road, was spinning the wheels in 4th gear, I know it was wet, but the car is unbelievable at building up speed, your up at 160kmh (on a private road) :p before you know it.....

Old v New.....

259bhp v 324bhp.....

IMAG1094.jpg

IMAG1093.jpg

IMAG1092.jpg

Quality isn't great on my phone, but you get the idea!

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, the lower grille isn't hard to fit, but the original lower grille is a pig to remove without breaking the clips, well it was for me anyway!!

Thanks a lot lads, delighted with the car now, it's getting better everytime I drive it, and the difference between the k03 and k04 power is mental, the k03 even though it's quite lively with 259bhp from the last dyno run, (before I fitted the torquetronix hpfp, so it's probably closer to 270bhp now)it seems to run out of steam at the top end, whereas the k04 just keeps going, it's addictive, love it!

Here's the dyno printout from the previous owner when he had it k04'd at JKM,

DSC04149-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a geeky update, but make's the interior look so much better imo!!

I picked up a newer FL climate control panel last week,

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

I also had to order a new dash fascia to fit around the new type climate panel

IMAG1125.jpg

Here is how I started out, the original climate control

IMAG1119.jpg

While I was taking it all out, I decided to fit my Kufatec basic plus kit, the car already had the oem bluetooth kit fitted, but it was the old 729A module and doesn't display on the maxidot screen, I might get a newer 729B module at a later stage, but for now I'm back to my kufatec kit, great job! old pictures from when I fitted it to my old vRS

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

Anyway, back to the climate control!

All removed and kufatec fitted behind where climate control panel fits,

IMAG1120.jpg

New panel fitted

IMAG1140.jpg

Here it is with the new surround

IMAG1141.jpg

Here's the cool part, it displays on the Columbus sat nav screen,

Look's so much better than the old climate panel

IMAG1147.jpg

The guide I read said that there needs to be a wire changed from one feed to another, but I didn't need to do that, straight swap.

The Columbus had to be upgraded from it's original SW to 2764 as most firmware before that won't display on the screen,

When I had upgraded the maxidot was stuck in the Audio/Navigation menu if I clicked into them, it wouldn't come back out unless I turned off the radio, but after upgrading the 27xx fix, it all works perfectly again.

• Like 1

Got my H&R twintube coilovers fitted today,

IMAG1155.jpg

IMAG1156.jpg

IMAG1157.jpg

It was a really bad day here today, but here's a few bad phone pictures taken in the wind and rain, but when it settles a bit, I'll drop it a bit more, it's my daily and I have the baby with me a lot in the car, so won't be going silly low!!

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1165.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

Really surprised how comfortable the car still is, was expecting it to be a lot more harsh, it's probably the same as my last vRS was on the H&R cup kit with -45/50mm springs, we'll see when I go a bit lower!!

Anyway, that's it for now, will hopefully be fitting a new set of wheels tomorrow that I picked up last week, only if the weather picks up a bit though, not sure whether I'm going to keep the Helios for the summer show's or sell them, there nice on the car and look really well, but there too heavy to get the most out of the car as it is I think, not sure....

• Like 4

Got a few pictures today of the car with the coilovers in,

Need to get the damage on the wing repaired too

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Definitely needs to be lower, I'm going to leave it until next weekend and then I'll drop it another bit.

I picked these wheels up last week, genuine 18'' BBS CH, like new, not a single mark on them.

T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJ3BQ6V5q3G60_58.jpg

Here's they are fitted, I wasn't too happy when I put them on at first, but the more I look at it the more I'm liking it, it'll definitely look way better when it's lower on the BBS,

Here's the 2 centre caps I have,

IMAG1177.jpg

Think the Audi caps look better

IMAG1178.jpg

IMAG1179.jpg

Just got a few pictures with them fitted as it was raining

IMG_1627.jpg

IMAG1182.jpg

Think I'll keep the Helios and put them back on for Dubshed in April