Handsome: the new Hyundai Santa Fe

It is much bigger than a Yeti and costs a fair bit more but it sure has become a handsome beast (albeit in the now pretty generic SUV vein with all of them looking near identical side on).

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyundai-reveals-european-2013-santa-fe.html

Can only imagine the size of that D-pillar blindsport! Click on the pictures to see better pics as they are pretty big when doing so.

2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-74.JPG

2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-73.JPG

2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-75.JPG

2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-76.JPG

Agree with the D pillars, the side windows look very small, and I'm not sure about the grill. Front and rear under tray looks very like our Yeti ones.

IX35 having eaten to much spinach!

Still disappointed that the tuscon disappeared, was a lovely car, Hyundai dealerships still mention having trouble getting 2nd hand models

This looks quite similar to the ix35 which we test drove before settling for the yeti.

The i40 estate has the same cramped rear end, it feels very claustrophobic, especially when sitting in the rear.

Another major problem is the rear folding seats that don't fold flat, leaving a very poor load area.

Build quality is another factor, the yeti feels classy and extremely well constructed, hyundai's are less so.

You dont have to worry about D pillars when you have parking sensors say the motor industry bods.

How do they help on the motorway?

Can I be the first to say its nice but I actually really like the current Sante fe and much prefer it to this.

Looks like all the others.

+1

And just to prove it - modified my "List" - added Santa Fe ...and looking the pic after a few minutes I couldn't even remember which one it was - they all look EXACTLY the same! :sick:

Now You try !:

TheList.jpg

Edited by Hirundo

How do they help on the motorway?

They help the dealer by relieving you of more money for the 'blind spot warning system'...

But I agree - why is there such an obsession amongst car stylists with a sloping window line and tiny rear windows - I simply wouldnt buy a car that had those features (new Fiesta or Focus anyone?) as they are absolutly horrible to sit in the back of and totally impractical for visibility!

+1

And just to prove it - modified my "List" - added Santa Fe ...and looking the pic after a few minutes I couldn't even remember which one it was - they all look EXACTLY the same! :sick:

Now You try !:

TheList.jpg

Subaru XV next to bottom, bottom one Yeti - the only 2 that I got stright off. Perhaps the second one down is a Quashqui (sp)

I quite like that. Could be a bargain as a used motor.

Saw an i40 on the road the other day and I thought it was quite a handsome motor. The Koreans are coming on leaps and bounds with their styling.

I still think if I was going down that road I'd chose Kia over Hyundai just for the extra 2yr warranty.

Edited by Aspman