Windows steaming up ?

I sealed my back doors up with some sealant about a month ago and my carpets are now dry

I have started to notice though that my windows seem to steam up a lot when the car is stood . Does any one else have this problem since sealing up the back doors and is there any way of stopping this happen

I have checked the front footwells and they both seem to be a little bit wet at the top how has water got there ? I park on a hill facing upwards could this help with letting the water in ?

Edited by tez-vrs

The same that happens with the back doors can also happen with the front, but seems to happen less often.

Another route for water entry is when leaves block the plenum chamber (the bit under the wipers). This generally comes into the passenger side.

Try...

Opening windows on hot dry days to let air circulate.

Using air con, even if it is cold. You can still stick the heat on. This will help the windows clear faster.

Applying an anti-fog treatment to the inside windows. These merely reduce the potential for fogged up windows, and never stop it entirely.

Edited by anewman

Mine did this all the time. I found the best thing to stop it was to point the fans at the floor overnight/when standing to stop the air flowing onto the windscreen.

Annoying though as it did it badly, then froze in the winter -_-

Check the front doors.

Mine were worse than the back and the way my car was parked at night was causing the water to pool in a corner of the footwell.

Edited by del-gti

• 1 month later...

One thing you could try mate is buy a de-humidified tub. From wilko or somewhere like that, just sit it in you car over night and it soakes up and moisture in the air

My dad done this in his leon after the rear doors leaked. Saying that he did rip the whole interior out (no really, all of it!) before finding that it was the doors leaking. He put a de-humidifier in there, and after a night it was fine

Try leaving the A/C switched on for a while whenever you use the car.

It removed moisture from the air and might just remove any excess moisture that's still on the car.

With our car having climate control the A/C is on pretty much all the time and it really does help to dry out the car.

Phil