new monty owner

Hey

Today was the day i sold my mk1 fabia silverline for a 1:2 tsi monty carlo in black

My mum has just ordered a silver with the black bits

We are both wondering about too thibgs for the car

1: anyone know how much a spare wheel will be?

2: anyone know where to get wind deflectors from?

Cheers

Copey

yeah true

it would be something i would consider, but to be honest i wanna try what the alternative pump thing is like first

yeah that stuff lol

my mum was explaining to me what it was and she said it was a pump lol

its my first new car so im learning new things lol

Go back to the dealer and order a spare wheel, jack etc. I did with my Fabia and glad I was too. The gunk stuff is a waste of space and useless if you get a tear in the tyre. Well worth the £125 I paid for mine.

Get your mother to order a spare wheel, jack etc with her car. It's much cheaper if it is specified as an extra from the factory.

get caught on a motorway with a flat the goo can't fix and work out the cost of the call out and new tyre on the side of the road

£130 is probably less, plus soon as you put the goo in it is a new tyre and you will make no friends with the tyre fitters who have to replace the tyre

IME,

If you 'Get caught on a Motorway with a puncture' you can not change a wheel anyway, and still need a recovery.

You can 'if you are lucky' get 'Tyre weld or similar in' quickly and get moving before you are spotted by cameras, and have to pay for a recovery..

Then off the motorway you can put on the spare.

Tyre fitters make a drama out of no crisis. (more full of crap than the tyre)

If the tyre weld fixed a tread hole you just clean off or not and plug the tread.

They will tell you its too near the sidewall anyway and say they can not fix it and you need a new tyre..

Which is the usual kidology.

george

Edited by sk4gw

I've got a 1.6 TDi estate which came with the spare. I've just signed to chop it in for the 1.6 Monte and didn't even think to organise the spare for that. I was just thinking - would I be within my moral right to keep the spare from my existing car? I suppose it isn't without the realms of possibility that I'd used the tyre weld and lost the compressor... Whaddya think?

you will be able to keep it

my grandad did it with the 2 fiestas he had before he got the octavia

update on my montycarlo

im not getting it till late august now..... insurance wants £700 for a months cover :(

I think that the old switcheroo might be in order then... Just need to check that they're the same radius!

Think swmbo's spare in her monte is the same as my mk1 vrs so 15 inch steel