North east meets

Adams1983

Any local peeps fancy meeting up? I'am in the teeside area, but I'am not really fussed where!! I'am from hetton le hole which is near Durham/ Sunderland, but I currently live in Thornaby. ?????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres not much intrest in the Whitby meet this time,Whitby is a nice drive which ever directoin u come from.

feel free 2 organise a meet closer 2 home ,i would'nt mind drivin north for a change :thumbup:

Edited by chaz 18

North east meets seem to be few and far between, when they happen they're normally at whitby

We have had other meets that are not in Whitby. Meets at the Strey Cafe, drives around the Moors, even a trip to a polishing place in Cramlington. Near Christmas we have had ones in Whitby and the one in February this year was organised by the Yorkshire lot. This year we have tried to organise a meet/drive to Tan Hill Inn and Buttertubs pass, but nothing has happened yet.

Chaz, it's still a few weeks until your Whitby meet, so there may be more interest nearer the time.

• 4 weeks later...

All,

I live up near Morpeth (Northumberland) and it would be good to have a local meet.

I have noticed over the years in most car clubs that the north East does lack in the "Meets" etc, So it would be good to organise a get together.

Cheers Craig...

We have had some.good meets but as people have said we dont have a hard core group who can meet on a regular basis due to their commitments. In previous meets it starts with good interest but then drops off near to the time of the meet dont know why this happens could have a mini meet before the weather changes and the nights draw in even if its just chat and a cuppa so am open to suggestions.

All,

I live up near Morpeth (Northumberland) and it would be good to have a local meet.

I have noticed over the years in most car clubs that the north East does lack in the "Meets" etc, So it would be good to organise a get together.

Cheers Craig...

I'm in Rothbury mate so if you see me, give us a wave!

I'm up for a mini meet.

Well I'll try to attend any meet organised. The second Wednesday of each there's a massive car car meet at toys'r'us at the metro centre. Ranges from new cars to classic American motors. So less chavvy lol. Could maybe all meet up there?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, even for me Thinford isn't too bad, as long as you don't mind old Skoda's ;) Got another mate who could possibly come too, he don't live far from me, and its 'only' 60 miles up. Kind of depends when, I work a two weekly rotating shift pattern which is Th/Fr/Sat//Su/Mo/Tu/Wed then off till following Th, sort of thing. If it fits in I'd be up for a run.