Auto dimming mirror

My Jan 12 L&K estate has the dimming wing mirrors as well - it was a demonstrator and the auto dimming interior mirror was added to the spec.

the dealer never mentioned the wing mirrors though.

If you look at the broucher from just after xmas it only states that it is the rear view mirror that is extra, though I could not find where it showed that the doors mirrors were auto dimming as standard.

If you look at the broucher from just after xmas it only states that it is the rear view mirror that is extra, though I could not find where it showed that the doors mirrors were auto dimming as standard.

It doesn't and never did. I'm not aware that any brochure has ever mentioned the door mirrors, but the manual does. The auto-dimming mirrors were always an option on every model. However, the latest brochure now seems misleading as in the options list of the Aug '12 brochure on page 23 it lists 'auto-dimming rear view mirror' as standard for the L&K. On page 18 in the list of 'Standard Equipment (over Elegance)' it makes no mention of auto dimming mirrors. Do Skoda UK ever proof-read their literature...do they know what they are doing?

Anyway, I'm more interested in what was going on for MY12 cars. The facts are...

• L&K always was an add-on to the Elegance spec (The ŠKODA Superb Elegance Laurin & Klement Luxury pack in the Apr 2012 brochure) although they've now changed some wording on the latest Aug brochure so it looks more like a distinct trim level.
  • auto dimming rear view mirrors were always a paid for option
  • auto dimming door mirrors, on their own, have never been available as a separate option (although parts would of course be available)
  • door mirrors are rear-view mirrors...just external and not internal and the literature does not specify in or out.
  • the owners manual clearly states (page 71 of the Nov'11 manual) that, quote

Automatic dimming exterior mirror

The exterior mirrors are dimmed together with the interior mirror. If the automatic

dimming is switched on, the mirror dims automatically depending on the light

striking the mirror from the rear.

If I cannot rely on information in the brochure and the manual how am I supposed to be able to decide what I want to add to the car or not?

I'm just waiting to see what the service manager can find out now before I fire off a missive.

• 5 weeks later...

MY11 Elegance 170 combi came from the showroom as the standard offering no extras and it has both auto dimming rear view mirror and door mirrors.

can any one confirm that this is the standard for an elegance in Ireland?

Edited by Bronty