talk about busted, mobility car misuse

Nath.

Now you talk lots of guff on your limited experience of your Parents and maybe some others.

I now wonder if you are one of these running in someone elses vehicle for your personal use as a nominated driver!

I really suspect thats where your knowledge and experience comes from.

Really? Let me help you a bit here:

I drive no vehicle as a nominated driver, for anyone. There are no Motability vehicles at my disposal, no-one in the family has them, I only personally know one person who does. My daily runner is my own vehicle (Octavia). My spare is my own vehicle too (Fun Truck).

My experience has come from being involved in a local charity (I don't feel the need to brag about it though). It may not be as huge and vast as yours, but last year we helped 30 people get the right Motability car (with adaptions in some cases), as well as another 14 (so far) this year. In the last 5 years the figure is about 120 cars sorted. Maybe your customer base is different to what I've been involved with, and maybe you have been doing it since 1977, but that doesn't make you right nor does it give you the right to sneer at what others have achieved or their knowledge. But go you, it obviously makes you feel much better for doing so. You feel the need to chuck in petty insults to try and make a point, go you again. You hero.

I didn't make the subject about WAV, adaptations and conversions, I quoted an example of how part of the system is funded by such vehicles and the inadequacy of the system.

The "system" is broken and wrong. I know of someone who has a 12 plate £27k C Class Merc. (with extra boxes ticked on the order form) Straight from the factory, untouched by adaptation in any way. Yes, let me help you here, that's two thousand pounds above the supposed "limit". How? Right words on paper. Why? because she doesn't want to drive a Vauxhall or a Ford, simple as that. Nothing medical, nothing special, she just doesn't want to drive something more suitable (can't get the kids bikes in the back of the Merc). Her nominated driver lives 40 miles away. Not a carer, her boyfriend. Yes, that's 35 miles beyond another supposed "limit". From what I recall of the conversation, the initial contribution/deposit was reduced too. (More right words on the paper)

You may well think that it's "Unreal and so out of touch", but all but a small number of claimants have wanted a vehicle for their specific needs, lugging other people around came second. Maybe it's because our demographic is a little older, so it is mostly husband and wife only (don't recall seeing many kids this year). As far as they have been concerned, they want the basic box to get from A-to-B. Some have been embarressed about applying to get a car at all. Other than that small handful, none have wanted to "go better", and many believe that those that do are extracting the urine and that there should be a limit on what is available. After a while of hearing the same opinion from un-related people, you do kinda start to think that maybe they've got a point and there is much abuse within the system.

The system should be based around needs, not wants, and that comes from people within the system itself.

& before you start on my Benefits or Motability car.

Personally I don't give a toss about what you drive or your benefits. Unlike you, I've endeavoured not to make this personal.

The sneer comes from some obvious misinformation and just plainly wrong stuff you come away with.

It is just plainly your interests and your peoples needs that you think are required it appears.

People are born disabled become disabled and life is different for the not so old and not so well off.

Nothing wrong with someone not using the Tax Exemption if the vehicle needs dual use.

Just pay the Tax, but Motability Lease Vehicles cant make that choice.

Do some more research possibly and you will see that you can Get a Right to buy price at the end of a 3 or 5 year lease.

You can also request to extend your 3 year lease to 5 years if you chose.

george

Edited by sk4gw

The old lady will probably not be in receipt of (Mobility Allowance) DLA Higher Rate Mobility Component,

unless she was receiving it before she was 66years old,

she is to old.

My Mum gets lower rate 'Attendance Allowance' because she is 87,

this is just below the Rate of Higher Rate Mobility Component

& many are like my mother then use it to have a car from their own funds.

Or for their Home Help or care needs or whatever,

the Booky or the Off Licence.

Not Eligable for Exempt Road Tax tho on the Attendance Allowance

I do know some, or actually quite a few around here,

Well Over 66 now but then they have been Disabled since leaving the Police for Early Retirement etc

Maybe ex Shipyard or Lorry Drivers.

still getting Mobility and AA & additional allowances,

Able to go Golfing and Bowling in their Motability £23,000 People Carrier on Free Tax Disc.

Cant expect them to drive a Kia Picanto, they have standards.

george

It's not the lady,though, she's not disabled ,it's her old mum( eighty odd ,I'd say), whom in all the years they've lived there has seldom got in the car .Furtherest she ( mum ) goes is a few houses down the road. On foot ,shuffling along.

We refere to it at work as scrotab, 99.9% of these cars come back with fag burns p**s stains and scratched to buggery!

My folks have a motobility car and the dealer have made comments to them about how their car was returned in a good condition unlike many of the motability cars they get back. So there is something in it.

I think the rules have been tightened about the state cars are returned in. Certainly my folks are paranoid about dents and scratches now. The last car car they had they got the dent guy out to sort one little problem before it went back.

http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CZSI

& the Extra incentive of the £200 'Good condition Bonus' that went up to £250 helps encourage people more to look after them.

(sometimes that why Disabled people use Disabled bays, not to be near the shop or to be able to open the car door wide,

its to stop Plonkers that ding your car that you want that extra £250 cheque for.

Just over 4 weeks money by the way.

george

Edited by sk4gw